Adelaide Plains Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby mighty hounds » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:44 pm

Freaky Tah wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:
Swamp Donkey wrote:
Pine Warmer wrote:Haha whoops, well united and hamley to battle out 4th but united to take it with to much fire power up forward

Given the players they have recruited over the summer, I think Hamley would feel they would have badly under-achieved if they were not in the top 2-3 this season.

Similarly, with the quality of players United have recruited, they would be disappointed if they were not participating in finals.

My ladder prediction.
Mallala
Two Wells
Hamley
Virginia
United
Balaklava
HWE

Mail Medal: Heath Pym
Goal-kicking: B. Nicklaus and K. Ettridge 81 each.

I'll have a punt and go with this
Two Wells
Mallala
United
HWE
Balak
Hamley
Virginia

Mail Medal. L Almond
Leading Goal Kicker. Solly.

So I see Young Nik Seccafien has gone too Virginia MH!!!! any reason for him flying the coop :lol: this may have been talked about already so feel free to enlighten me as ive been down Antarctica investigating climate change the last 6 months

I see two denied clearences and nothing lodge since the second denial, so not at Virginia. I don't know what's going on at TW but I believe he's down at WWT.
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 286 times

Postby hairy cat » Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:06 pm

an interesting quote from a very well known ram"theyll be good, but im not sure how they will deliver the promised cash"!!!!!
hairy cat
Under 16s

Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Kapunda

Postby Dizzee Rascal » Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:15 pm

HB playing a 6 quarter game against Ingle Farm. A grade played first three and were up by about 5 goals.
Dizzee Rascal
Under 16s

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Tea Tree Gully

Postby Lame Choice » Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:34 pm

OnSong wrote:This happened to me in 2011. I was 0, then 2 the following year and one in 2013. Confusing as hell.

Confusing - yes.

However, remember though the APFL board is a governing body, not a court of law practicing precedence. I'd suggest HBFC haven't been APFL's greatest supporters over the past couple of years, but, they are in big trouble. The APFL has a duty to assist a club that (as is suggested), about to hit the wall.
My mail is that there was a lot of discussion on this particular decision, originally being rejected, subsequent meeting with HB, and then supported.
"As long as I live, I will deny taking performance enhancing drugs" Lance Armstrong 2010
Lame Choice
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 30 times

Postby OnSong » Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:35 pm

Fair point.
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 646 times
Been liked: 733 times

Postby magpieeagle » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:35 pm

Lame Choice wrote:
OnSong wrote:This happened to me in 2011. I was 0, then 2 the following year and one in 2013. Confusing as hell.

Confusing - yes.

However, remember though the APFL board is a governing body, not a court of law practicing precedence. I'd suggest HBFC haven't been APFL's greatest supporters over the past couple of years, but, they are in big trouble. The APFL has a duty to assist a club that (as is suggested), about to hit the wall.
My mail is that there was a lot of discussion on this particular decision, originally being rejected, subsequent meeting with HB, and then supported.

HWE,UNITED????? What about a duty to keeping juniors alive?????
magpieeagle
Reserves

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby wangas#4 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:50 pm

Lame Choice wrote:

Confusing - yes.

More points means more money and HB always say they have got no cash but they manage to fill these players with cash.
Last edited by wangas#4 on Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wangas#4
Under 16s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Two Wells

Postby Lame Choice » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:44 pm

wangas#4 wrote:
Lame Choice wrote:

Confusing - yes.

More points means more money and HB always say they have got no cash but they manage to fill these player cash.

Standby on this wangas.
"As long as I live, I will deny taking performance enhancing drugs" Lance Armstrong 2010
Lame Choice
Under 16s

Postby Lame Choice » Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:51 pm

magpieeagle wrote:
Lame Choice wrote:

Confusing - yes.

HWE,UNITED????? What about a duty to keeping juniors alive?????

I'm not sure if I've run over your cat or something in a previous life maggie, but what do you expect the association to do about declining junior numbers? There was the agreement with BL & G last year, but no clubs actually enticed players? Whose fault is that?
Lame Choice
Under 16s

Postby magpieeagle » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:01 am

My mail is that there was a lot of discussion on this particular decision, originally being rejected, subsequent meeting with HB, and then supported.[/quote]

HWE,UNITED????? What about a duty to keeping juniors alive?????[/quote]

I'm not sure if I've run over your cat or something in a previous life maggie, but what do you expect the association to do about declining junior numbers? There was the agreement with BL & G last year, but no clubs actually enticed players? Whose fault is that?[/quote]

Sorry Lame,just frustration to see a great junior comp will be gone in the next few yrs,,There really isn't any kids around anymore that choose footy first,wont be to long and it will be A,Reserves and maybe one junior game,its when they hit 14/15 we seem to lose them for one reason or other.
magpieeagle
Reserves

Postby THACHY_7 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:07 am

Two Wells and Mallala will still be the teams to beat this year.
Virginia have recruited heavily and will round out top 3.
Despite picking up Stribling and Dowdell, Hamley have lost 10 players from last years losing prelim side to other clubs and retirements.
So not sure why people have them as premiership favorites IMHO.
THACHY_7
Rookie

Been liked: 16 times

Postby GIDDY UP! » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:49 am

Any updates on club trials from the weekend? No injuries I hope?
GIDDY UP!
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby Pag » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:29 pm

GIDDY UP! wrote:Any updates on club trials from the weekend? No injuries I hope?
Joel Montgomerie has leather poisoning.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 506 times

Postby OnSong » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:56 pm

Pag wrote:
GIDDY UP! wrote:Any updates on club trials from the weekend? No injuries I hope?

He has developed an immunity to that over time.
OnSong
Coach

Postby pureclass » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:11 pm

Pag wrote:

He was the red headed on baller I'm assuming?
He had it on a string.
I hear Ben Nason to Virginia? Anyone confirm or deny?
pureclass
Rookie

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby footys the winner » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:59 pm

pureclass wrote:
Pag wrote:

He was the red headed on baller I'm assuming?
He had it on a string.
I hear Ben Nason to Virginia? Anyone confirm or deny?

Can 100% deny that. Signed at centrals last week. Jossy not afriad to throw the cash around by the looks.
footys the winner
Under 18s

Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 15 times

Postby beer o'clock » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:58 pm

With Nick Seccafien going to Virginia, has he played enough games there as a junior to be classed as a -1 point player?
beer o'clock

Been liked: 1 time

Postby OnSong » Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:09 pm

beer o'clock wrote:With Nick Seccafien going to Virginia, has he played enough games there as a junior to be classed as a -1 point player?

“Junior Player” means a player under the age of 18 years who has played a minimum of 25 games from the year in which he turns 13 years of age with the Club of an Affiliated League with which he is seeking registration.
OnSong
Coach

Postby magpieeagle » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:01 pm

OnSong wrote:
beer o'clock wrote:With Nick Seccafien going to Virginia, has he played enough games there as a junior to be classed as a -1 point player?

“Junior Player” means a player under the age of 18 years who has played a minimum of 25 games from the year in which he turns 13 years of age with the Club of an Affiliated League with which he is seeking registration.

Played 5 yrs as a junior at two wells,maybe 6,wouldnt be a -1 player
magpieeagle
Reserves

Postby magpieeagle » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:10 pm

magpieeagle wrote:
OnSong wrote:

Played 5 yrs as a junior at two wells,maybe 6,wouldnt be a -1 player

Played 20 games Virginia 2008/2009 maybe less,two wells juniors 2010-2013
magpieeagle
Reserves

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy