Great Southern Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby fiftympenalty » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:34 pm

Will be a big day at willunga I can guarantee that on behalf of the club. I can also guarantee the beer will be tasty and refreshing having just sampled one while taking delivery of the sausages for the weekend courtesy of a generous deal from Hamlets Smallgoods main rd willunga. Should be a ripper day, despite it raining in.willunga currently the turf is in super standard well done to Paul roberts
fiftympenalty
Rookie

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Willunga

Postby words of wisdom » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:59 pm

fiftympenalty wrote:Will be a big day at willunga I can guarantee that on behalf of the club. I can also guarantee the beer will be tasty and refreshing having just sampled one while taking delivery of the sausages for the weekend courtesy of a generous deal from Hamlets Smallgoods main rd willunga. Should be a ripper day, despite it raining in.willunga currently the turf is in super standard well done to Paul roberts

:lol: I thought Steve Roberts looked after the oval?
words of wisdom
League - Best 21

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 19 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Burr

Postby Hudson » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:58 pm

Fiftympenalty are you really a WFC supporter? You don't know the true idedity of BJErnest & Grinner has been looking after the oval for a century not his nephew! Anyway whoever you are I hope you will be backing the Demons on Saturday. Only fools will underestimate them. Go Demons!
Hudson
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby The Ferret » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:04 pm

words of wisdom wrote:
fiftympenalty wrote:Will be a big day at willunga I can guarantee that on behalf of the club. I can also guarantee the beer will be tasty and refreshing having just sampled one while taking delivery of the sausages for the weekend courtesy of a generous deal from Hamlets Smallgoods main rd willunga. Should be a ripper day, despite it raining in.willunga currently the turf is in super standard well done to Paul roberts

:lol: I thought Steve Roberts looked after the oval?

well at least he got the last name right hahaha

will be weird being at a game of footy at willunga with some atmosphere. normally fairly dead atmosphere with the lack of netball crowd etc etc. should be a good day for it though
The Ferret
Rookie

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Yankalilla

Postby fiftympenalty » Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:41 pm

sorry just got confused. few too many froffies at demon park whilst counting sausages

I only know him as grinner wanted to mention his correct name so people knew who I was referring to and he would get the credit he deserves. Good on you grinner oval is top shape

go demons go
fiftympenalty
Rookie

Postby Jimmy Recard » Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:25 am

Oval looks a treat.. Well done Grin!!! The whole WFC committee has worked extremely hard and the venue looks superb and the weather hasn't disappointed!! Will be a cracking day hopefully the boys can get the job done!!! Carn the DEES!!!
The greats weren't great because at birth they could paint,
The greats were great because they paint a lot.
Jimmy Recard
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 2 times

Postby -Outsider- » Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:16 pm

And scores from the A grade?
-Outsider-
Rookie

Postby LuvsFooty » Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:42 pm

Bays hit the lead by 2 points mid 2nd quarter.

Any reports in the "off field" fight that we can hear on the radio broadcast?
You can love football, but it wont always love you back!
LuvsFooty
League - Best 21

Been liked: 17 times

Postby Old Blue New Tiger » Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:07 pm

A grade scores ??
Old Blue New Tiger
Rookie

Has liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Kersbrook

Postby field of dreams » Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:36 pm

Bays won by 12 points. Was all tied up with a couple mins to go, willunga kicked out on the full and bays converted. Then bounced another through as the siren sounded.
field of dreams
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 133 times
Been liked: 80 times

Postby jackpot jim » Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:45 pm

Well done E.Bay.
Minor Premiers and deserving winners.
Bucked the recent trend of Minor premiers not getting the job done.
After 6 consecutive Flags, Willunga have seemed to have developed the Collywobbles come GF time. Runners up 3 of the last 4 years and the other year didnt make it after finishing Minor premier with only 1 loss.
jackpot jim
Coach

Has liked: 341 times
Been liked: 453 times

Postby fiftympenalty » Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:44 am

In response to whoever asked about the off field fight. It was just a couple dozen silly boys with too much alcohol in the system on a hot day and a few scuffles broke out. Allegedly a gun was pulled but there's no evidence of this actually happening apart from one person's account. Also a bit later it flared up again and someone got carted away by the feds
All of this is true apart from the gun. It was actually a pair of scissors attached to the end of an old chair leg, I don't know why I lied
fiftympenalty
Rookie

Postby fathersonsfl » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:43 pm

fiftympenalty wrote:In response to whoever asked about the off field fight. It was just a couple dozen silly boys with too much alcohol in the system on a hot day and a few scuffles broke out. Allegedly a gun was pulled but there's no evidence of this actually happening apart from one person's account. Also a bit later it flared up again and someone got carted away by the feds
All of this is true apart from the gun. It was actually a pair of scissors attached to the end of an old chair leg, I don't know why I lied

ROFL.....you know you are able to use the delete button to delete some of your post before you submit instead of stating "I don't know why I lied."
fathersonsfl
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby words of wisdom » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:59 pm

Congrats to the Bays on winning the flag - best team all year. But what's the go with the celebrations down at Willunga?? I know stories can be exaggerated but if true, this sounds ordinary at best...
words of wisdom
League - Best 21

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 19 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Burr

Postby fiftympenalty » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:54 pm

words of wisdom wrote:Congrats to the Bays on winning the flag - best team all year. But what's the go with the celebrations down at Willunga?? I know stories can be exaggerated but if true, this sounds ordinary at best...

Tell us more then
fiftympenalty
Rookie

Postby Hugh Dalloway » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:00 am

The mrs tells me there was Bay blokes urinating in public at the oval whilst kids, including mine, were being picked up from school! Have seen a number of angry posts from parents complaining about this. Not sure why Encounter Bay would be going down to Willunga on their Mad Monday but either way it doesn't reflect well on their club in just another damning off field incident.

Any news on whether Welsh/ Davis-Neale/ Neely finally sorted out their differences? Or just whatever it takes!!!
Mrs Dalloway said she would buy the flowers herself
Hugh Dalloway

Grassroots Team: Tanunda

Postby BAYSRULE » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:43 am

Hugh Dalloway wrote:The mrs tells me there was Bay blokes urinating in public at the oval whilst kids, including mine, were being picked up from school! Have seen a number of angry posts from parents complaining about this. Not sure why Encounter Bay would be going down to Willunga on their Mad Monday but either way it doesn't reflect well on their club in just another damning off field incident.

Any news on whether Welsh/ Davis-Neale/ Neely finally sorted out their differences? Or just whatever it takes!!!

Hey mate.. The boys were chaperoned today by Bish.. so I can tell you he wouldnt have let them get away with too much.. Im telling you there isnt any differences at allbetween the Welsh / Davis-Neale / neely.. There was never any problems at all.. and I know this first hand.. Just some gossip mongers down your way that from what I can see are extremely bad loosers.. How about the writing on the Oval at Willunga (that looks like it was done by Willunga... thats crap)..... So kids can see that... and two blokes with their backs to the kids on the otherside of the oval doing a pee.. Seriously somethime this site gives me the shits with all the useless shit that comes out of it.. Its supposted to be a football forum... The Bays are champions and should be able to celebrate their win. The worked very hard and are the best bunch of blokes around... Let them celebrate.. Get over the crap and lets use this site for a footy forum... BAYS RULE.. 2013 PREMIERS ...
BAYSRULE
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Encounter Bay

Postby fiftympenalty » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:21 pm

BAYSRULE wrote:
Hugh Dalloway wrote:The mrs tells me there was Bay blokes urinating in public at the oval whilst kids, including mine, were being picked up from school! Have seen a number of angry posts from parents complaining about this. Not sure why Encounter Bay would be going down to Willunga on their Mad Monday but either way it doesn't reflect well on their club in just another damning off field incident.

Hey mate.. The boys were chaperoned today by Bish.. so I can tell you he wouldnt have let them get away with too much.. Im telling you there isnt any differences at allbetween the Welsh / Davis-Neale / neely.. There was never any problems at all.. and I know this first hand.. Just some gossip mongers down your way that from what I can see are extremely bad loosers.. How about the writing on the Oval at Willunga (that looks like it was done by Willunga... thats crap)..... So kids can see that... and two blokes with their backs to the kids on the otherside of the oval doing a pee.. Seriously somethime this site gives me the shits with all the useless shit that comes out of it.. Its supposted to be a football forum... The Bays are champions and should be able to celebrate their win. The worked very hard and are the best bunch of blokes around... Let them celebrate.. Get over the crap and lets use this site for a footy forum... BAYS RULE.. 2013 PREMIERS ...

Well that really escalated quickly.

As for pissing on the oval, boys will be boys I suppose but baysrule you're an idiot if you think its acceptable behaviour... And also about the welsh thing how would that be made up its not something very usual. So there's gotta be some sort of truth behind it
fiftympenalty
Rookie

Postby BAYSRULE » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:42 am

fiftympenalty wrote:
BAYSRULE wrote:

Well that really escalated quickly.

As for pissing on the oval, boys will be boys I suppose but baysrule you're an idiot if you think its acceptable behaviour... And also about the welsh thing how would that be made up its not something very usual. So there's gotta be some sort of truth behind it

I am not saying pissing on the oval is unaceptable..They didnt piss on the oval it was up against a fence and not an oval fence.. There IS NOTHING in the Welsh shit.. I can assure you.. all crap..

How is what Willunga have written on their ova acceptable as well... No word on that from what I can see....
BAYSRULE
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Encounter Bay

Postby fiftympenalty » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:18 pm

How is what Willunga have written on their ova acceptable as well... No word on that from what I can see....[/quote]

go on then, kick it off
fiftympenalty
Rookie

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy