River Murray Football League talk

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: River Murray Football League talk

Postby Monopoly Man » Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:54 pm

No doubt Josh can play. But he's not as good as Hodge. Just my opinion.
Monopoly Man
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 6 times

Postby biffboy » Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:05 pm

With Neely being appointed as Mypo's playing coach it has me wondering when a player coach was last successful in this comp? The last few that have been thru have had little success & if anything has split the playing group of that club ie Ladhams & Motlop
biffboy
Under 16s

Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Ramblers

Postby From The Outer » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:03 pm

I understand past West Adelaide key forward has narrowed down his club of choice to Imps or Strath. If Imps wins his signature he will be first player to earn more than 1k a game at the club. It seems that's what it takes to keep up with the gold mine down by the lake.
From The Outer
Under 16s

Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby Monopoly Man » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:37 pm

From The Outer wrote:I understand past West Adelaide key forward has narrowed down his club of choice to Imps or Strath. If Imps wins his signature he will be first player to earn more than 1k a game at the club. It seems that's what it takes to keep up with the gold mine down by the lake.

Over 1k is ridiculous for 45mins travel from the tollgate! though what other choice do you have as you say. i heard meningie spent over 200k this year so we'd need to keep spending!
Monopoly Man
Rookie

Postby biffboy » Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:19 pm

Monopoly Man wrote:
From The Outer wrote:I understand past West Adelaide key forward has narrowed down his club of choice to Imps or Strath. If Imps wins his signature he will be first player to earn more than 1k a game at the club. It seems that's what it takes to keep up with the gold mine down by the lake.

Over 1k is ridiculous for 45mins travel from the tollgate! though what other choice do you have as you say. i heard meningie spent over 200k this year so we'd need to keep spending!

Its pretty sad isn't it & even worse when you lose a half decent local to another club for big $ and they wouldn't really be considered in you own top 10. But imagine being Tailem who have struggled for a while, are starting from scratch & need to pay even more as players still want to go to a successful club! In that regard, we are the lucky ones MM
biffboy
Under 16s

Postby grasshopper22 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:41 pm

biffboy wrote:
Monopoly Man wrote:

Its pretty sad isn't it & even worse when you lose a half decent local to another club for big $ and they wouldn't really be considered in you own top 10. But imagine being Tailem who have struggled for a while, are starting from scratch & need to pay even more as players still want to go to a successful club! In that regard, we are the lucky ones MM

Referring to Kowie last year Biff?
grasshopper22
Reserves

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby biffboy » Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:52 pm

grasshopper22 wrote:
biffboy wrote:
Monopoly Man wrote:

Nah Grassy, more at some of our players we have lost over the last few years. Heck, we even lost a B-grader to Karoonda a couple back for $300 a game & he had zero impact as we expected
biffboy
Under 16s

Postby grasshopper22 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:55 pm

biffboy wrote:
grasshopper22 wrote:
biffboy wrote:
Monopoly Man wrote:[quote="From The Outer"]I understand past West Adelaide key forward has narrowed down his club of choice to Imps or Strath. If Imps wins his signature he will be first player to earn more than 1k a game at the club. It seems that's what it takes to keep up with the gold mine down by the lake.

Nah Grassy, more at some of our players we have lost over the last few years. Heck, we even lost a B-grader to Karoonda a couple back for $300 a game & he had zero impact as we expected[/quote]

Yeah forgot about all the players that have gone to Karoonda and most haven't proven a thing here before. Mannum have lost a heap there and have had minimal impact.
grasshopper22
Reserves

Postby The.big.dawg » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:02 am

Don't think kowald was on "big money" maybe 150 a game tops..
As for Matty hodge, could be anything that guy... One of the better players I've seen on country footy .. Best player in the rmfl by a fair stretch
The.big.dawg
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Encounter Bay

Postby From The Outer » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:06 am

Agree Hodge can play but not sure he is the best player in our league. Would love to see him play for less in a good team instead on chasing big dollars for clubs that are going to struggle to make the big dance.
From The Outer
Under 16s

Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby Monopoly Man » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:35 am

Gets you wondering doesn’t it about who is the best player in the comp.

Over the last 5 years I would say that Wait, Harrowfield, Hall, Bowen, L O’Neil have been the best 5. Seen some rippers in Wark, Hodge, Fenton etc but one good year in the comp doesn’t put you in the same category as those other guys.
Monopoly Man
Rookie

Postby The.big.dawg » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:25 pm

I meant in 2014.. My top 5 players going around this year..
Hodge Fenton Liston Bowen Robinson
The.big.dawg
Mini-League

Postby grasshopper22 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:29 pm

The.big.dawg wrote:I meant in 2014.. My top 5 players going around this year..
Hodge Fenton Liston Bowen Robinson

I think your on the money here, no particular order though.
grasshopper22
Reserves

Postby Monopoly Man » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:41 pm

Liston, Hodge, O'Malley, Bowen, Magic.

Can't have all midfielders. Liston far to underrated. Uses the ball so much better than Fenton who in my opinion butchers the football far too much.
Monopoly Man
Rookie

Postby The.big.dawg » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:12 pm

Yep agree with Fenton burning it to much... Liston uses it much better where as Fenton is just a running machine.. Think you would find he wouldn't do so well at league level with his kick.
Don't think magic is anywhere near the top 5 from what I've seen but everyone's opinion is their own MM.. Don't know how you can leave the medalist and a 21 yo out who got a few Bogs this year at league level out of top 5
The.big.dawg
Mini-League

Postby Monopoly Man » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:18 pm

I have no regard for medal with the umpires voting it. I only picked two mids and Liston and Hodge are the best two IMO. Yeah you could throw Gene in there. He and Sutcliffe were probably the two standout forwards for mine
Monopoly Man
Rookie

Postby The.big.dawg » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:26 pm

Yep agree with you 100% MM the mail medal is a joke with te umpires in rmfl... Gene played more midfield didn't he this year? Only finished with 40 odd goals?
Sutcliffe and moss for me were good forwards
The.big.dawg
Mini-League

Postby mutton cove » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:06 pm

Hodge.
Has he made a differnce won a premiership ,was a good player in GSFL but not a great player.
mutton cove
Rookie

Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: McLaren

Postby Coorong » Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:37 am

Word is Meningie has signed Eagle from West Adelaide.
:D :D
Coorong
League - Best 21

Been liked: 8 times

Postby grasshopper22 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:50 am

Coorong wrote:Word is Meningie has signed Eagle from West Adelaide.
:D :D

Played at Blackwood last year Coorong. And represented the hills against RMFL in the association game.
grasshopper22
Reserves

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy