River Murray Football League talk

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: River Murray Football League talk

Postby field of dreams » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:54 am

Easily.
Last edited by field of dreams on Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
field of dreams
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 88 times

Postby Monopoly Man » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:58 am

So he's a gun?
Monopoly Man
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 6 times

Postby field of dreams » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:02 am

field of dreams
League Bench Warmer

Postby Monopoly Man » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:04 am

Bloody hell. Going by that you'd say he's one of the best in the state! Coaches favorite maybe?
Monopoly Man
Rookie

Postby field of dreams » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:19 am

Monopoly Man wrote:Bloody hell. Going by that you'd say he's one of the best in the state! Coaches favorite maybe?

lol maybe. Bloody impressive hey:

Has played 81 games over the last 4 years, been in the best 64 of those and kicked 34, 42, 30, 20 goals.

Those best are the top 6 named by the club which doesn't mean everything but in the last 3 years he's been named best 18 times, second best 11 times and 3rd 9 times. 59 games and in the top 3 38 times.

Hodge has more talent in his little toe than most country footballers, but if it were my money I'd spend it on Kellock ahead of him.

I've found the love for Warmington in the RMFL surprising - he was by no means a standout at Yank.
field of dreams
League Bench Warmer

Postby Monopoly Man » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:42 am

field of dreams wrote:
Monopoly Man wrote:Bloody hell. Going by that you'd say he's one of the best in the state! Coaches favorite maybe?

Has played 81 games over the last 4 years, been in the best 64 of those and kicked 34, 42, 30, 20 goals.

Those best are the top 6 named by the club which doesn't mean everything but in the last 3 years he's been named best 18 times, second best 11 times and 3rd 9 times. 59 games and in the top 3 38 times.

Hodge has more talent in his little toe than most country footballers, but if it were my money I'd spend it on Kellock ahead of him.

I've found the love for Warmington in the RMFL surprising - he was by no means a standout at Yank.

Its a very impressive resume that's for sure and good info. Do you know much about Paul Adlington? I think he's not Gsfl though
Monopoly Man
Rookie

Postby The Dictator » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:15 pm

Google search shows Adlington is a former glenelg player and won two premierships and two best and fairests with Horsham Demons before going to Kaniva in 2013. Obviously can play a bit.
The Dictator
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time

Postby field of dreams » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:00 pm

What he said ^^

They would have been at Glenelg together. Kellock won Creeks B&F in 2011, 12 and 13 (dunno about this year), which is no mean feat - bloody good side with lots of talented players (premiers 11,12)
field of dreams
League Bench Warmer

Postby The.big.dawg » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:30 am

Meningie sign brad eagle who has played league footy for westies... Who are they losing next year for them to recruit more???
The.big.dawg
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Encounter Bay

Postby Yank Man » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:50 pm

field of dreams wrote:

Warmington went OK for Yank but agree fod, you wouldn't say he was a gun. Kello is and will be in the elite mids in RMFL. He's been really loyal to Creeks so it surprises me that he's moving on. Gue$$$$ it's his turn. :)
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 327 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby kickittome » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:05 pm

Yank Man wrote:
field of dreams wrote:

Warmington went OK for Yank but agree fod, you wouldn't say he was a gun. Kello is and will be in the elite mids in RMFL. He's been really loyal to Creeks so it surprises me that he's moving on. Gue$$$$ it's his turn. :)

Kellock won this years b&f for the creek also making it a club record four in a row. Brilliant effort winning the b&f every year he has played for the creek. Is a consistent reliable ball getter who can kick a few when resting fwd also. He broke up with a local creek girl this year so had no major ties to the club & maybe wanted a fresh change? Interesting if anyone else has followed him. Agree with "fod" I would pick kellock for his consistent efforts over hodge & warmington who are both big match winners but aren't as consistent as kellock.
kickittome
Under 16s

Postby biffboy » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:49 am

Heard tonight that Imps have lashed out on Phil Smyth to return for $1000 a game + a ruckman due to Davey's injury run. Guess their plans last year to not pay excessively didn't last
biffboy
Under 16s

Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Ramblers

Postby grasshopper22 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:14 am

biffboy wrote:Heard tonight that Imps have lashed out on Phil Smyth to return for $1000 a game + a ruckman due to Davey's injury run. Guess their plans last year to not pay excessively didn't last

Luke Harrowfield has told Nairne he's returning to Imps.
grasshopper22
Reserves

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby Monopoly Man » Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:37 am

biffboy wrote:Heard tonight that Imps have lashed out on Phil Smyth to return for $1000 a game + a ruckman due to Davey's injury run. Guess their plans last year to not pay excessively didn't last

Pure rubbish Biffboy. We would never pay $1000 a game. Smithy reluctantly left in the first place, its not like we have to beg to get him back.
Monopoly Man
Rookie

Postby From The Outer » Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:19 pm

I would love to agree with you Monopoly Man but even our club is trying to keep up. Not sure about Smith but Imperials are offering that money and more. Sad days.
From The Outer
Under 16s

Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby The Dictator » Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:50 pm

From The Outer wrote:I would love to agree with you Monopoly Man but even our club is trying to keep up. Not sure about Smith but Imperials are offering that money and more. Sad days.

That surprises me. I watched the elimination final and thought a couple of Imps kids really got a hold of Mannum at different stages of the game. I think if Imps get a few recruits on top of Smith and Harrowfield they will be right to challenge Meningie.
The Dictator
Rookie

Postby biffboy » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:40 pm

Monopoly Man wrote:

Pure rubbish Biffboy. We would never pay $1000 a game. Smithy reluctantly left in the first place, its not like we have to beg to get him back.

Well perhaps your club needs to tell your young A-grade players to stop making things up. The bloke I heard it from wasn't to happy about it
biffboy
Under 16s

Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Ramblers

Postby Secondsquare » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:55 am

The latest rumours that I have heard is that Jamie Austin a good chance of returning to the bears from Kingston , if the money's right of course . Not at his prime but still quality . I believe the two Richardson boys have put pen to paper at the bluds with there brother , I have heard people talk about how good hodge is at jervois and font get me wrong he is bloody good , but having seen both play josh Richardson is as good !!! Even though they are totally different type of players . The question now is hodge going to stay as well , and can they afford all of them??
Secondsquare

Been liked: 4 times

Postby Monopoly Man » Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:22 pm

Secondsquare wrote: josh Richardson is as good

=))
Monopoly Man
Rookie

Postby Secondsquare » Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:42 pm

Hey monopoly man josh Richardson was named in team of the year in the sanfl one season , so to say my comment is laughable I find to be the biggest joke! You can have your own opinion just like I have my own about the two but your kidding yourself if you think josh isn't a gun!!! How about backing your opinion up with some words instead of a simple icon. Like saying hodgie has more Male medals or premierships or more league games , oh that's right he hasn't!! Both guns and underestimate josh at your own peril!!!!
Secondsquare

Been liked: 4 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy