River Murray Football League talk

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: River Murray Football League talk

Postby biffboy » Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:26 pm

Bit of Port Power about us Roosters at the moment! On current form we wont make it past the first round which hurts so hopefully we hold onto first.

And while I'm here, Liam O'neil gets ragged on a fair bit about not getting the hard ball like he should. If anyone seen his face & neck tonight you would swear he went 10 rounds against Brock Lensar in th UFC. What you wouldn't know is that he didn't get a single free for the whole day & putting you head over the ball is almost worthless when you get your head is getting ripped of every time.

Well played Mannum, your best is still bloody hard to beat
biffboy
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Ramblers

Postby Monopoly Man » Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:48 am

Well we're out of the race for top 3. 4th or 5th doesn't matter. The over rated Moss looked ok yesterday for Mypo. I still don't think they can win when it counts. Yesterdays result between Mannum and Ramblers was a shock. I had the chooks and bears as playing in the GF but two losses at this stage of the year against two contenders is making me think again. O'Malley is huge for Mannum and i think we all forgot about Hall!
Monopoly Man
Rookie

Been liked: 6 times

Postby Monopoly Man » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:15 pm

So Biffboy ... Based on past two weeks who do you think will get the prized 3rd spot out of Mypo, Meningie and Mannum?
Monopoly Man
Rookie

Postby grasshopper22 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:32 am

biffboy wrote:Bit of Port Power about us Roosters at the moment! On current form we wont make it past the first round which hurts so hopefully we hold onto first.

And while I'm here, Liam O'neil gets ragged on a fair bit about not getting the hard ball like he should. If anyone seen his face & neck tonight you would swear he went 10 rounds against Brock Lensar in th UFC. What you wouldn't know is that he didn't get a single free for the whole day & putting you head over the ball is almost worthless when you get your head is getting ripped of every time.

Well played Mannum, your best is still bloody hard to beat

Really feel for Liam, he's had a tough run with the umps over the yrs ;)
grasshopper22
Reserves

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby used to be » Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:01 pm

Liam should stop crying hard done by and get a hard ball. I think as the rumours spill out that you will find Altman shouldn't have played, he is soft enough for a big bloke without being injured. Mannum shouldn't get too carried away its only one good game. Hally is a better player than he is a coach , Dalwood pumps him up but anyone there at the association match would no otherwise, I think Its Wallace who is coaching when he plays ,i actually think he is the reason for Mannum's turn around, him coaching and hall playing is certainly a hard combination to beat, especially with the talent they possess. Mypo are a good team , they should be with the players they have and the money they have spent, they were just 2 goal better than us every quarter due to the ridiculous amount of forwards they have , There is only one person at that club that will cost them a gf this year .?? Lets hope for his sake that doesnt happen as it will be a financial disaster something like the Ohara canola bears.
used to be
Rookie

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby grasshopper22 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:46 am

What a final wk of minor rounds it's going to be, with the top 2 set, ramblers and Mypo. Meningie host Mypo this wk and if the bears can jag a win they will get 3rd spot. And Mannum need to beat the blues and hope Meningie loses for them to make the top 3.

Looking at the scores from this wks games some pretty low scoring affairs which. Did anyone watch these games and can give some feedback?
grasshopper22
Reserves

Postby biffboy » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:21 am

grasshopper22 wrote:What a final wk of minor rounds it's going to be, with the top 2 set, ramblers and Mypo. Meningie host Mypo this wk and if the bears can jag a win they will get 3rd spot. And Mannum need to beat the blues and hope Meningie loses for them to make the top 3.

Looking at the scores from this wks games some pretty low scoring affairs which. Did anyone watch these games and can give some feedback?

Our game was pretty boring to watch as Imps just tried to turn it into a slug fest throwing massive numbers around the ball. Also heard that Davey is done for the year with a leg injury, Magic as Viral meningitis, Hollit has a hammy & Altswager has glandular fever & none of these players are likely to play next week.

I'm thinking Mannum will roll the blues judging by that so your boys will need a win to grab that top 3 spot
biffboy
Under 16s

Postby grasshopper22 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:33 am

Some pretty big games today one wk out from finals,

Mannum by 27 points
Meningie by 20 points
Ramblers by 60 points

If results go like this, will see replays next wk with ramblers having the wk off, as the ladder positions won't change.
grasshopper22
Reserves

Postby biffboy » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:52 pm

I thought the Bears would give mypo a touch up but I doubt anyone expected that hiding. Premiership favourites if you ask me!
biffboy
Under 16s

Postby used to be » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:16 pm

I think I got a previous post wrong. I mentioned a Wallace I meant Yates . No Yates no Mannum very very obvious. Imps fielded the worst side in 10 years and we nearly beat a team of champions.hall just offered the f bomb over and over every break. It's alleged he will not fulfill his 2 year contract so where does that leave Mannum. Interesting times ahead Mannum has only 2 more games this year , I think after talking to the masses on Saturday that the chubby chip cooker has a lot of explaining to do. # angrymannumsupporters.
used to be
Rookie

Postby Monopoly Man » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:16 am

We will take something out the game for sure. Though the 'real' supporters know Mannums big players had a quiet day. We have a few to come back in though so should be a close game and one we can win. I thought it was pretty well known Yates was no good. I heard more than a few were leaving and we even tried to get in on it.
Monopoly Man
Rookie

Postby The Dictator » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:50 am

I agree with Used to Be. Without Yates there would be no Clayton, Bowen, Sheedy or Pech. Or aren't they very good mates with Hall? Haha
The Dictator
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time

Postby Rough » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:28 am

Hope those sensitive ears of yours weren't offended by the F bomb UTB.
The Mannum masses are unhappy are they? That one must have slipped past me but I am glad you are up and about for finals series. I thought you might have forgotten how to type.
Apart from the physique he has acquired sampling his wares, I reckon the chubby chip cooker should be pretty content with what has been achieved at the Roos over the years. Not sure if his back problems are as a result of too many chips or too many knives.
And we have a final series to contest.
Beware the Roo!!!!
Rough
Rookie

Been liked: 5 times

Postby P.B » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:41 am

More garbage from UTB. Some things never change. I'm pretty sure the chubby chip cooker you speak of brought players like Mueller, Hall, Pech and Ribbons to the club as well as making the club a constant finals participant since becoming involved in his position at the club. No chubby chip cooker = no Mannum is what the masses say! Without the chips he cooks the place would literally fall down. You obviously haven't tried them.

MM trying to upset things. Which players did you go after, I'm curious?
P.B
Under 16s

Been liked: 2 times

Postby Rough » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:07 am

Unfortunately I have tried the CCC's final product and pretty happy to say his footy management skills far out weigh his culinary ones.
Seriously though, Meningie's form is freaking scary. Second hand info that Mypo rested a heap on the weekend but that doesn't quite cut it. How long since Meningie lost a game?
Rough
Rookie

Been liked: 5 times

Postby biffboy » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:32 am

Rough wrote:Unfortunately I have tried the CCC's final product and pretty happy to say his footy management skills far out weigh his culinary ones.
Seriously though, Meningie's form is freaking scary. Second hand info that Mypo rested a heap on the weekend but that doesn't quite cut it. How long since Meningie lost a game?

About 5 weeks ago Imps knocked them of, although there was some very questionable umpiring decisions that day from all reports & they cam from Imps supporters.
biffboy
Under 16s

Postby Monopoly Man » Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:49 pm

P.B wrote:More garbage from UTB. Some things never change. I'm pretty sure the chubby chip cooker you speak of brought players like Mueller, Hall, Pech and Ribbons to the club as well as making the club a constant finals participant since becoming involved in his position at the club. No chubby chip cooker = no Mannum is what the masses say! Without the chips he cooks the place would literally fall down. You obviously haven't tried them.

MM trying to upset things. Which players did you go after, I'm curious?

Not trying to upset anything. Just stating what I know PB.
Monopoly Man
Rookie

Postby RooShootOhh » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:49 pm

The littel master down at the Blues will surely have something up his sleeve for the important stuff!
RooShootOhh
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 40 times
Grassroots Team: Waikerie

Postby used to be » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:50 pm

Monopoly Man wrote:We will take something out the game for sure. Though the 'real' supporters know Mannums big players had a quiet day. We have a few to come back in though so should be a close game and one we can win. I thought it was pretty well known Yates was no good. I heard more than a few were leaving and we even tried to get in on it.

What a >edited by moderators< you are mm, to say a coach cant coach who just won a gf is ridiculous. Further to that your coaching appointments last year and this year have not attracted glowing reviews. Last year was a waste of time and money and this year you have the serial side line abuser.
I think the blues are a great chance this sunday, gaining a lot of confidence with half the team missing last week, with those guys back in this week throw in some warmer weather and we are a big chance.
used to be
Rookie

Postby Monopoly Man » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:16 pm

used to be wrote:
Monopoly Man wrote:We will take something out the game for sure. Though the 'real' supporters know Mannums big players had a quiet day. We have a few to come back in though so should be a close game and one we can win. I thought it was pretty well known Yates was no good. I heard more than a few were leaving and we even tried to get in on it.

What a >edited by moderators< you are mm, to say a coach cant coach who just won a gf is ridiculous. Further to that your coaching appointments last year and this year have not attracted glowing reviews. Last year was a waste of time and money and this year you have the serial side line abuser.
I think the blues are a great chance this sunday, gaining a lot of confidence with half the team missing last week, with those guys back in this week throw in some warmer weather and we are a big chance.

What team is it you think I support ******? Im a blue, unlike a you fraud. Those in Blue land know your connection with Yates ;)
Monopoly Man
Rookie

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy