The Voice Referendum - Oct 2023

Labor, Liberal, Greens, Democrats? Here's the place to discuss.

Re: The Voice Referendum - Oct 2023

Postby gadj1976 » Mon Oct 16, 2023 4:52 pm

am Bays wrote:I stood for a minute in the booth umming and ahhing on what to vote, I eventually voted YES primarily because when you have a F***tard like Palmer urging you to vote no I didnt want to be associated with his ilk.

I didnt want to vote YES because of the way Albo F***ed this whole process up by giving s no detail on how this voice would work.

I didnt want to go along with the republic referendum methodology of trust us we're politicians we know who/what the best president/voice model

I certainly didnt want to vote yes to have a group of Urbanised cultural representatives who wouldn't know a busted toliet or what sleeping with six other people in a room is like, or going hungry most nights cause your parents are abusing substances or you've got a mouth full of rotting teeth and stuffed kidneys because the water your desert community relies on tastes so brackish you have to drink overpriced soft drinks all the time cause you....

I want a voice that guarantees the voice of the truly disadvantaged remote mob are heard

My only reason for voting yes was because of people like Pearson, Richie Fejo who I respect and remote Elders like Mumbin and Nungamajbarr who were advocating it.

That was the difficult part. Vote No and align yourself with flogs like Palmer or Yes and align yourself with flogs like Albanese or Darcy Moore ;-). I voted No, only because of what's previously been stated here.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Re: The Voice Referendum - Oct 2023

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:44 pm

Interesting Paper on the vote and polls by Dr Kevin Bonham - psephologist & poll analyst

https://kevinbonham.blogspot.com/2023/1 ... -poll.html
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 720 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Previous

Board index   General Talk  Politics