Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Labor, Liberal, Greens, Democrats? Here's the place to discuss.

Re: Abbott/Liberal Govt Watch

Postby Jimmy_041 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:58 am

Booney wrote:I've worked in some strange places with some seriously strange people, I mean really strange people and I've never had, known, or heard of anyone sending their work mates pictures or video of them rubbing one out.

One of our companies sacked someone for getting paid help into the office and doing it on some peoples' desks and sending them videos and photos. He was always complaining about his mental health issues. I think he was right (and not in the head). It all came out in Court during the wrongful dismissal case (which he lost)
Last edited by Jimmy_041 on Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby tigerpie » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:28 am

One of the most incompetent ministers ever, Sophie Mirabella, appointed a plum position at fairwork commission on 475k per annum.
Jobs for the girls it seems.
And how the hell can you justify that sort of salary?
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby DOC » Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:08 am

Not sure she was ever a minister . She would need the coin as she works for Gina Rinehart ....

Appointed by Christian Porter who is on gardening leave. Or is he?

All the commissioners (there are only 39!) are appointed by Governments and they reflect in essence the views of that government.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 724 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:11 am

Parliamentary style
According to Fenella Souter in the Sydney Morning Herald, Mirabella is known for her "caustic, confrontational manner".[2] Her behaviour led her to be ejected from parliament at least twice. In 2007, David Hawker expelled her for shouting at him after being warned twice to resume her seat. She defied parliamentary orders under Standing Order No. 94A and thus was removed from the House of Representatives for misconduct.[27] In 2010, Peter Slipper expelled Mirabella from parliament for 24 hours on the eve of the vote on the carbon tax, when she "refused to accept a ruling barring her from tabling an anti-carbon tax petition".[28]

On a number of occasions her comments both inside and outside parliament attracted controversy. In 2008, Mirabella stated in parliament to Prime Minister Julia Gillard, who has no children, "You won't need his (ex-PM Kevin Rudd's) taxpayer-funded nanny, will you?"[29] Mirabella again created controversy on 2 March 2011, when she compared Gillard to Muammar Gaddafi, claiming both were delusional.[30] Abbott refused to condemn Mirabella, instead terming the comparison colourful and not language he would use.[31] In 2012, she denounced fellow Liberal NSW Senator Bill Heffernan by telling him to "Oh, why don't you go and pop your Alzheimer's pills". This was in response to Heffernan branding a fellow Liberal senator a "****".[32]

Prior to the 2013 federal election, retiring independent MP Tony Windsor nominated Mirabella for "the nasty prize" when asked who was the person he would miss least in politics on the ABC Insiders program. "She is the nastiest – I reckon if you put it to a vote to all politicians, she'd come up No.1".[33]
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Dinglinga75 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:29 am

You're telling me that the Prime Minister knows about an alleged incident inside a newscorp office, but had no idea about the rape of Brittany Higgins for two years?
Give me a break
Dinglinga75
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 65 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Apachebulldog » Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:32 pm

There is something fishy about the whole Missy Higgins incident.

It happened 2 years ago,

Security says she was found drunk naked and lying on the couch after a boozy night security checked in on her a few times during the morning.

Was it drunken consensual sex ??????

If it was rape why was it not acted on straight away by security by getting the police/medical attention. ???????

Why have we not heard from the alledged rapist or is it going through the court process right now ???????

or

Is it a case of major embarassment for the young girl after being detected by security who knows very strange story this ?????????

Is it a government cover up ???????

Any one here have any other questions about this ??????

I just do not know who to believe ??????

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... d-her.html
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby stan » Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:38 pm

Apachebulldog wrote:There is something fishy about the whole Missy Higgins incident.

It happened 2 years ago,

Security says she was found drunk naked and lying on the couch after a boozy night security checked in on her a few times during the morning.

If it was rape why was it not acted on straight away by security by getting the police/medical attention. ???????

Why have we not heard from the alledged rapist or is it going through the court process right now ???????

or

Is it a case of major embarassment for the young girl after being detected by security who knows very strange story this ?????????

For a guy who to talks about fake media, you sure do post alot of MSN links.

To actually answer your question, who the **** knows. Seems Canberra is pretty messed up place.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby DOC » Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:31 pm

Wow. Missy Higgins.

??????????????????
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 724 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:47 am

Apachebulldog wrote:There is something fishy about the whole Missy Higgins incident.

It happened 2 years ago,

or

This has been widely reported on ..... I can only assume from your post that you haven't been paying attention. Can I suggest you do some research on the matter and you should be able to answer your own questions. .... and by the way, her name is Brittany.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby Booney » Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:02 am

Reporter - Have you lost control of the culture in the building?

PM - Hey, what about the media behaviour? One of your blokes is in trouble too.

Truth - There isn't.

This fraud is the worst PM we've ever had. When's the election?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7468 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Dinglinga75 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:48 am

ScoMo ..... does he have the same work experience kid writing from him as Fox Sports .... Why would you upset the organisation that pushes a centre-right view and assist you ....

Interesting last time Rupert was in town , the Libs had a leadership spill... whilst Rupert is home , Lachlan is in town which doesn't look good .... lucky ScoMo changed the rules on a leadership spill.....

Clive may have won the last election for the Libs , but ScoMo will need all is Hillsong buddies to save him this time
Dinglinga75
Under 16s

Postby RB » Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:30 am

It happened 2 years ago,

or

Would it kill you to keep it at one question mark per question?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby Dinglinga75 » Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:51 pm

Scott Morison’s office staff have retained their own lawyers to represent them in an investigation set up by Scott Morrison to find out who in his office knew what and when about the Brittany Higgins rape allegations. It is an investigation designed solely to protect Morrison and his staff are obviously worried that Morrison will stitch-up one or more of them to take a hit to save Morrison’s own hide.

The fact that Scott Morrison’s own staff, who work with him daily, feel the need to pay $1000’s out of their own pockets for lawyers to protect themselves from an investigation set up by Morrison, known as the Gaetjens Inquiry, says they don’t trust him at all. For Scott Morrison’s own staff to distrust him that much that they feel the need to hire lawyers is a very sad reflection on Morrison.
Dinglinga75
Under 16s

Postby Psyber » Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:08 pm

Booney wrote:Reporter - Have you lost control of the culture in the building?
Truth - There isn't.

I'm still inclined to think Tony Abbott, Rudd, and Keating were worse, and I'd say Tony was my pick as worst overall - it was a pity - I thought he did a good job back in 2003-4 sorting out the Health mess, but he went off after that...

It could have been worse too. If we hadn't got Scomo it may have been Peter Dutton!
I had high hoes for Turnbull but he couldn't handle the capital C conservative section of the "Liberal" Party
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 389 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby stan » Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:48 pm

Psyber wrote:
Booney wrote:Reporter - Have you lost control of the culture in the building?
Truth - There isn't.

I'm still inclined to think Tony Abbott, Rudd, and Keating were worse, and I'd say Tony was my pick as worst overall - it was a pity - I thought he did a good job back in 2003-4 sorting out the Health mess, but he went off after that...

It could have been worse too. If we hadn't got Scomo it may have been Peter Dutton!
I had high hoes for Turnbull but he couldn't handle the capital C conservative section of the "Liberal" Party
Dutton would have been interesting that's for sure.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby shoe boy » Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:02 am

I had high hoes for Turnbull but he couldn't handle the capital C conservative section of the "Liberal" Party[/quote]

Keating, really !
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby Trader » Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:07 am

Yeah I'm as blue as they come but I thought Keating was reasonable.

Did a hell of a lot of the work to kick start the macroeconomic reforms that the Country benefitted from between say 1995 and 2010.

Sure the line about the recession we had to have was a bit of bull, but i'm not willing to hang the bloke over one mistake.

I think a lot of the more recent ones (from both sides) have been very poor, as politics has moved from "running the country" to "maintaining power".
I can cut them some slack with the knowledge that it's been hard to govern over the last 15 or so years given no one has had a majority in both houses to be able to effectively govern, but with that in mine, the recent groups are still fairly uninspiring leaders for mine.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby tigerpie » Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:21 pm

Keating was the last PM to give us what we needed, not what we wanted.
Easily the best parliamentary performer I've seen.
But made decisions without fear of losing votes or what was popular.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby Jim05 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:37 pm

tigerpie wrote:Keating was the last PM to give us what we needed, not what we wanted.
It’s funny because the staunch Labor supporters hated Keating with a passion.
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3536 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Trader » Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:17 pm

tigerpie wrote:Keating was the last PM to give us what we needed, not what we wanted.

The early years of Howard were good.
Taking the guns off he farmers was clearly a policy against what his party faithful would want, but he did it cause it was the right thing to do.

Howards final term was bad though, especially in relation to the massive swelling of middle class welfare in an attempt to hold power.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Politics