Bill O'Reilly interviews Barrack Obama

Labor, Liberal, Greens, Democrats? Here's the place to discuss.

Re: Bill O'Reilly interviews Barrack Obama

Postby Darth Vader » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:14 am

I used to live in Essendon, Sandringham and Hawthorn. Love Victoria. Played some colts footy against the then Oakleigh High School. As an upstart I rocked up to Windy Hill one Tuesday night and asked if I could have a kick. About seven minutes after they invited me they asked me to leave. That I still love them and support them is testament to my loyalty. Perhaps I should have told them I was a Liberal voter - maybe they would have given me a second chance hahahaha
Caution! You are now entering the no-spin zone...
Darth Vader
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Solomontown

Postby Strawb » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:19 am

Darth Vader wrote:I used to live in Essendon, Sandringham and Hawthorn. Love Victoria. Played some colts footy against the then Oakleigh High School. As an upstart I rocked up to Windy Hill one Tuesday night and asked if I could have a kick. About seven minutes after they invited me they asked me to leave. That I still love them and support them is testament to my loyalty. Perhaps I should have told them I was a Liberal voter - maybe they would have given me a second chance hahahaha

LOL Funny thing is I am not a labor person or a libs either. And nowdays AFL wise I am nearly over the league I would rather watch the SANFL, VFL and some American Football.
I am the Voice Left From Drinking
Strawb
Coach

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 12 times
Grassroots Team: Wingfield Royals

Postby Darth Vader » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:27 am

Strawb wrote:
Darth Vader wrote:I used to live in Essendon, Sandringham and Hawthorn. Love Victoria. Played some colts footy against the then Oakleigh High School. As an upstart I rocked up to Windy Hill one Tuesday night and asked if I could have a kick. About seven minutes after they invited me they asked me to leave. That I still love them and support them is testament to my loyalty. Perhaps I should have told them I was a Liberal voter - maybe they would have given me a second chance hahahaha

LOL Funny thing is I am not a labor person or a libs either. And nowdays AFL wise I am nearly over the league I would rather watch the SANFL, VFL and some American Football.

I'm sorry strawb but I am a pretty passionate lib voter but since you only get "one game" every three years I get fidgety inbetween elections. Like imagine one footy game every three years. SANFL is awesome and I love it when you get 4-5000 people at a game at Woodville or Norwood or wherever. AFL is just a business. Those clubs and players don't have the passion we have in local footy. And country footy is better again - just beautiful.
Meanwhile, do you thing Warnie would be up to no good at the moment?
Oh....I think Obama and O'Reilly should be involved in this
Darth Vader
Under 18s

Postby JohnnyG » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:27 am

Darth Vader wrote:
Leaping Lindner wrote:
southee wrote:
Cant stand the man...as phoney as they come. :evil:

I think now American are waking up to it too.....

Couldn't agree more. Absolute wanker. How he keeps his own show, even on Fox, is beyond me.

Americans make the choice LL. Left wing MSNBC rates 27th, Fox News is 4th on the ratings mmmmmmmmmm

I guess that simply tells you what the mentality of a huge portion of Americans is....

What a pity those 9/11 planes didnt blow up the whole nation ;)
JohnnyG
Rookie

Has liked: 136 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Dirko » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:32 am

JohnnyG wrote:What a pity those 9/11 planes didnt blow up the whole nation ;)

Ohh dear....
The joy of being on the hill drinking beer cannot be understated
Dirko
Coach

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby redandblack » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:53 am

Yes, it's one thing to disagree about the mentality of Fox News, but that comment is either dumb or contemptible, or both.
redandblack

Postby Darth Vader » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:06 pm

JohnnyG wrote:
Darth Vader wrote:
Leaping Lindner wrote:
southee wrote:
Cant stand the man...as phoney as they come. :evil:

I think now American are waking up to it too.....

Couldn't agree more. Absolute wanker. How he keeps his own show, even on Fox, is beyond me.

Americans make the choice LL. Left wing MSNBC rates 27th, Fox News is 4th on the ratings mmmmmmmmmm

I guess that simply tells you what the mentality of a huge portion of Americans is....

Buddy you are a contemptable attention seeker. Fortunately you failed - just check out how many people agreed with you. I cant even pick an argument with you because you seem to be as bright as a scotch thistle
Darth Vader
Under 18s

Postby redandblack » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:48 pm

Darth Vader wrote:of course what some people missed was the reluctance of Obama to recognise the Muslim Brotherhood as a vicious
sharia Law exponent. It could be his downfall when those dreadful people assume power in
Egypt and he could lose his presidency on a foreign policy issue. Carter-like

Those dreadful people have just announced they won't be contesting the election and have also expressed support for the democratic process. Therefore your statement that 'when those dreadful people assume power' is highly unlikely. Another incorrect statement, so I presume Obama's take on the situation was correct. (surely Sean Hannity can't be wrong ;) )

I note that your support of democracy in Egypt is only valid as long as one particular party doesn't win :?
redandblack

Postby fish » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:02 pm

Darth Vader wrote:Obamas approval rating as of today is 27%.
Incorrect DV - his latest approval rating is 48% according to this daily Gallup poll, and has hovered between 47% and 50% over the past few weeks.

It appears that you may have been sucked in by someones spin! :shock:
fish
Coach

Has liked: 185 times
Been liked: 48 times

Postby Darth Vader » Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:10 pm

fish wrote:
Incorrect DV - his latest approval rating is 48% according to this daily Gallup poll, and has hovered between 47% and 50% over the past few weeks.

He rates 27% approval on running the defecit. It was one of several points that were surveyed last week. I just left that bit out because it spins better.
Darth Vader
Under 18s

Postby redandblack » Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:45 pm

You didn't need to explain.

We already knew you were dishonest and a troll.
redandblack

Postby fish » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:17 pm

Darth Vader wrote:
fish wrote:

He rates 27% approval on running the defecit. It was one of several points that were surveyed last week. I just left that bit out because it spins better.
Time to change your signature I reckon DV.
fish
Coach

Has liked: 185 times
Been liked: 48 times

Postby Darth Vader » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:49 pm

Good call fish but nahhhh, its all about spin. It gets results
Darth Vader
Under 18s

Postby JohnnyG » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:02 pm

Darth Vader wrote:
JohnnyG wrote:
Darth Vader wrote:
Leaping Lindner wrote:more. Absolute wanker. How he keeps his own show, even on Fox, is beyond me.

Buddy you are a contemptable attention seeker. Fortunately you failed - just check out how many people agreed with you. I cant even pick an argument with you because you seem to be as bright as a scotch thistle

Simply a facetious "shit happens" type of statement...... i wouldnt expect anyone to take it at all serious.
JohnnyG
Rookie

Has liked: 136 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby PhilH » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:28 pm

Missed the interview .... would have been facinating to watch... probably says a lot about the US that it was the "Curtain Raiser" to the Super Bowl.

Must confess I watch Fox News more for entertainment than news. Its good to get a range of views in order to make up your own mind.

Interesting that here on Foxtel - Sky News, Fox News and CNN are at one end and what I consider the most idependent news service the BBC, along with APAC is about 20 channels away so they are not included when you flick around.

The whole Obama thing probably says a lot about expectations and reality.

He is only one man and a politician not a messiah.

Interestingly looking back Reagan is considered a great president, Martin Luther King Jnr a great man ... but were they at the time ??.. Reagan was considered a joke and King Jnr a communist bringing anarchy ...

ie time will change the historical perspective.
PhilH
League - Top 5

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 163 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby redandblack » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:43 pm

Make sure you watch Glenn Beck on Fox, Phil.

Even the conservatives are now saying he's barking mad.

Great entertainment value!

His theory is that the union protests in America are the cause of the Middle East uprisings and they will destroy Europe.

Seriously :D
redandblack

Previous

Board index   General Talk  Politics