Now it's going to be a postal vote that won't count.

Labor, Liberal, Greens, Democrats? Here's the place to discuss.

Re: Now it's going to be a postal vote that won't count.

Postby stan » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:22 am

bennymacca wrote:
HH3 wrote:So you'll get on here and talk shit, tell us how wrong it is, yadda yadda, but wont talk to your family about it?

Maybe try to change opinions, instead of talking negatively about people who feel the same as your lovely grandmother.

Like I was saying, people have things instilled in them, believe it for decades and now you expect them to forget all that and change from seeing ads on the tv?

Pretty gutless to not speak up and engage in an actual conversation. Enjoy the show though.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I was gonna ask whether you had spoken to your family and friends about it but it's pretty clearly you ldon't speak to them or anyone in real life.
Benny goes bang with the left....
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1255 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby HH3 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:34 am

bennymacca wrote:
HH3 wrote:So you'll get on here and talk shit, tell us how wrong it is, yadda yadda, but wont talk to your family about it?

Maybe try to change opinions, instead of talking negatively about people who feel the same as your lovely grandmother.

Like I was saying, people have things instilled in them, believe it for decades and now you expect them to forget all that and change from seeing ads on the tv?

Pretty gutless to not speak up and engage in an actual conversation. Enjoy the show though.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I was gonna ask whether you had spoken to your family and friends about it but it's pretty clearly you ldon't speak to them or anyone in real life.

I dont even know what you mean by that to be honest.

I've already said about talking to an employee here. I also talked about it with our elderly owner, who is more on the YES side than I thought he would be. I've had discussions with my own family, and other people.

Surprisingly, I'm very similar in real life to how I am on here. It's unfortunate, but it was the hand I was dealt.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby HH3 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:36 am

stan wrote:
bennymacca wrote:I was gonna ask whether you had spoken to your family and friends about it but it's pretty clearly you ldon't speak to them or anyone in real life.

Yep, he sure did rock me. :lol:
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby cracka » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:49 am

shoe boy wrote:This forum and posts are exactly why this process is a disgrace !

We elect politicians to make decisions in this country and this so called survey ,vote , is an example of a government with no spine split between extreme religious nuts .

Well Turnbull did go to the last election saying if elected he would hold a pleb on the issue. Now he's going ahead with his election promise. :roll:
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 463 times
Been liked: 569 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby MW » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:10 pm

cracka wrote:
shoe boy wrote:This forum and posts are exactly why this process is a disgrace !

We elect politicians to make decisions in this country and this so called survey ,vote , is an example of a government with no spine split between extreme religious nuts .

Well Turnbull did go to the last election saying if elected he would hold a pleb on the issue. Now he's going ahead with his election promise. :roll:

It's not a pleb, it's an opinion poll. He can throw it in the bin if he likes.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2635 times
Been liked: 1863 times

Postby Gozu » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:20 pm

Whether you like Turnbull or not it's absolute cowardice. They're elected to be the government and make these kind of decisions but because they're so gutless (I wouldn't pretend Labor would be any different, they didn't do shit in their five years in power) they're trying to have a bob each way by having a postal vote. Even then they've already said even if the vote comes back yes it doesn't mean they'll go ahead with it or not.

$120+ million just to save face with their right-wing backers, **** muppets.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 660 times

Postby cracka » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:39 pm

MW wrote:
cracka wrote:

Has already said he if the vote is yes he will change the law. The only reason its not a plebiscite is because of Labor
cracka
Veteran

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:41 pm

Gozu wrote:Whether you like Turnbull or not it's absolute cowardice. They're elected to be the government and make these kind of decisions but because they're so gutless (I wouldn't pretend Labor would be any different, they didn't do shit in their five years in power) they're trying to have a bob each way by having a postal vote. Even then they've already said even if the vote comes back yes it doesn't mean they'll go ahead with it or not.

Yeah, they did. They held a vote and it was no. No; when they had the numbers. No matter how much they try to hide history, it's there for all to see
Just like ships and subs, they can bleat all they want now, but they did f'all about any of it when in power
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 726 times
Been liked: 1080 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby shoe boy » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:25 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:
Gozu wrote:Whether you like Turnbull or not it's absolute cowardice. They're elected to be the government and make these kind of decisions but because they're so gutless (I wouldn't pretend Labor would be any different, they didn't do shit in their five years in power) they're trying to have a bob each way by having a postal vote. Even then they've already said even if the vote comes back yes it doesn't mean they'll go ahead with it or not.

Yeah, they did. They held a vote and it was no. No; when they had the numbers. No matter how much they try to hide history, it's there for all to see
Just like ships and subs, they can bleat all they want now, but they did f'all about any of it when in power

Phew thank the lord we have a conservative government for the past 5 years that are correcting all the ills of the past communists left wing nut cases !
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby bennymacca » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:28 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:

Libs have never allowed a conscience vote though. If they did it would have passed
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby RB » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:08 pm

MW wrote:
cracka wrote:

They could also throw a plebiscite in the bin. What they're holding now is no more binding than a plebiscite.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 772 times
Been liked: 1083 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:33 pm

6 meetings in Melbourne today about a $2bn investment
SSM not raised once
Last edited by Jimmy_041 on Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Gozu » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:48 pm

Kevin Rudd's godson attacked whilst campaigning for marriage equality.

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/gay-ma ... bdbba01d15
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 660 times

Postby stan » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:57 pm

HH3 wrote:
stan wrote:
bennymacca wrote:I was gonna ask whether you had spoken to your family and friends about it but it's pretty clearly you ldon't speak to them or anyone in real life.

Yep, he sure did rock me. [emoji38]
I was sort of making a joke in regards to benny and using the word left as he is bit of a lefty. Clearly the opportunity was missed....
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1255 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby bennymacca » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:01 pm

only on social issues. on economic issues i am centrist or even slightly right wing
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:29 am

Gozu wrote:Kevin Rudd's godson attacked whilst campaigning for marriage equality.

Because the godfather voted NO the last time it was put to a vote in Parliament (and we wouldn't gave to have gone through all of this $hite from hypocritical religious nut Labor politicians?)
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby shoe boy » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:48 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:
Gozu wrote:Kevin Rudd's godson attacked whilst campaigning for marriage equality.

Because the godfather voted NO the last time it was put to a vote in Parliament (and we wouldn't gave to have gone through all of this $hite from hypocritical religious nut Labor politicians?)

J41 , Go to bed mate .
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby MW » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:52 am

I'd be interested to know HOW he was campaigning...not that it deserves a violent reaction though.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2635 times
Been liked: 1863 times

Postby tipper » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:06 am

but i thought it was only those on the No side that had to worry about being attacked for their views....
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby cracka » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:58 pm

MW wrote:

I'd be interested to know HOW he was campaigning...not that it deserves a violent reaction though.

He wasn't actually campaigning at the time. If you read the article & follow the link to the Facebook post, he was waiting at a bus stop.
cracka
Veteran

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Politics