IR BACKFLIP

Labor, Liberal, Greens, Democrats? Here's the place to discuss.

IR BACKFLIP

Postby redden whites » Sat May 05, 2007 8:21 pm

So the" no disadvantage"test is to be put back into workchoices!!!!!!.With 2 failed attempts at putting workchoices type legistlation into law in the past Mr Howard gets senate control and bang it goes straight in as previously attempted without a no disadvantge clause.Now months out from an election we are listening to community concerns....SPARE ME.

Surely now the mining boom is over as alledged on here?
If no-one has been effected or is worse off by AWA'a what is the point of this?
Is this the end of manufacturing and small buisness as predicted on this site?
If its an employees market why put the test back in? Anyone can just leave a job and start somewhere else tomorrow as alledged on this site?
And why not make it retrospective to the day workchoices came into law as John is so community minded?
redden whites
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Jamestown-Peterborough

Postby PhilG » Sun May 06, 2007 10:59 am

PhilG

Postby Squawk » Sat May 26, 2007 11:15 pm

ReinChoices is now the new catchcry. That's where you offer 58 employees 45 cents an hour less and then do a backflip and repay the dirrenece retrospectively, but only if it is an honest mistake. :wink:
Steve Bradbury and Michael Milton. Aussie Legends.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRnztSjUB2U
Squawk
Assistant Coach

Been liked: 3 times

Postby Wedgie » Sat May 26, 2007 11:25 pm

Squawk wrote:ReinChoices is now the new catchcry. That's where you offer 58 employees 45 cents an hour less and then do a backflip and repay the dirrenece retrospectively, but only if it is an honest mistake. :wink:

lol, whoopseee Mr Rudd! :lol:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2062 times
Been liked: 3920 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Sojourner » Sun May 27, 2007 1:35 am

Surprised at how much the media is making out of this, they are trying to pressure her into relinquishing her postion to further her husbands career!

Dont know though poll wise what the outcome of this will be though?
Sojourner
Veteran

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Re: IR BACKFLIP

Postby Hondo » Wed May 30, 2007 11:05 pm

Australia has a severe shortage of skilled workers across all industries and this is expected to continue in to the near future. It is and will be for some time an employee's market.

I don't believe Howard thinks the "no-disadvantage" test is necessary. It is simply a political move to take the rug out from under the feet of one of the key parts of the Labour-Union arguments against the IR laws. He can now say the new IR laws 'guarantee' that no-one will be worse off which was the key thrust of the Union advertisements.

Today's story about the Union official and his inability to keep front-bar style banter away from tape recorders is the second key win for Howard.

How this pans out will be very interesting and important to the outcome of the election. A lot of people don't fully understand the detail of the new IR laws and are simply absorbing what they hear in the media to make their judgements. Until now, the Unions have been winning this 'perceptions' battle hands down through clever advertising and highlighting case studies of 'battlers losing out to evil bosses'.

Full credit to Rudd for responding so quickly to today's Union debacle and the Mrs Rudd problem. I think he has done well in minimising the collateral damage from both.
In between signatures .....
Hondo
Coach

Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 32 times

Postby Psyber » Wed May 30, 2007 11:29 pm

redden whites wrote:on the 7th day he created prospect oval

He must have been tired, it has been crooked as long as I can recall, but I admit I haven't been there since 1998.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 395 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Il Duce » Thu May 31, 2007 12:53 am

Psyber wrote:
redden whites wrote:on the 7th day he created prospect oval

He must have been tired, it has been crooked as long as I can recall, but I admit I haven't been there since 1998.

dont worry nothing has changed
The problem with Barcelona is that I like fish and chips but they had to turn it into calamari and patatas
Il Duce
League - Best 21

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: CBCOC

Board index   General Talk  Politics