Australian Story - Alexander Downer

Labor, Liberal, Greens, Democrats? Here's the place to discuss.

Australian Story - Alexander Downer

Postby McAlmanac » Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:03 pm

Tonight's Australian Story on Alexander Downer leaves no doubt that the election has started. It was an interesting program, with part two coming next week. I'm sure, however, he didn't appreciate Mike Carlton's contributions!
Blighty Teasdale - SuperCoach former World No. 1
McAlmanac
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Re: Australian Story - Alexander Downer

Postby Psyber » Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:41 am

McAlmanac wrote:Tonight's Australian Story on Alexander Downer leaves no doubt that the election has started. It was an interesting program, with part two coming next week. I'm sure, however, he didn't appreciate Mike Carlton's contributions!

But he was good-natured about it all, and, as he said, his political advisors had recommended against doing the show - so they obviously did not see it as advantageous to a political campaign. I have known Alexander personally - what you see is what you get - unlike many pollies who are all act.

I like him as a person, even though I disagree with him on Iraq, and on the treatment of David Hicks by the US.
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 395 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Re: Australian Story - Alexander Downer

Postby topsywaldron » Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:48 pm

McAlmanac wrote: his political advisors had recommended against doing the show .

I try and ignore everything Chris Kenny says as well.
'People are not stupid. They know when they are being conned. And two reserves teams operating in a League competition will reduce it to a farce, a competition without a soul.'

Dion Hayman 24th July 2013
topsywaldron
Veteran

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 218 times

Postby Dutchy » Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:58 am

Excellent viewing, should be more programs like this that show behind the scenes rather that just their public face
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2337 times
Been liked: 3603 times

Postby our_longreach » Tue May 01, 2007 3:15 pm

Only saw the end of the show where he made a very frank comment about Mr Rudd's vainess and dishonesty. Interesting to note that Mr Rudd has refused to respond to these comments - not normal for his tit for tat nature.
our_longreach
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby redandblack » Tue May 01, 2007 3:21 pm

I didn't see the show, but are you saying Alexander Downer accused someone else of vanity :D
redandblack

Postby McAlmanac » Tue May 01, 2007 7:13 pm

The program pointed out at the end that they had asked Rudd on a number of occasions to appear on the program, but he had declined. Given that Downer's program was made over a period of several months, I'd suggest that Rudd probably had some agreement with the Seven Network at the time. After all, one thing he can never be accused of is media shy.
Blighty Teasdale - SuperCoach former World No. 1
McAlmanac
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Board index   General Talk  Politics