Skins

Adelaide Footy League, Southern, Country Footy, VFL, WAFL, NTFL, etc.

Re: Skins

Postby Choccies » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:18 pm

wooly wrote:
Choccies wrote:I just don't understand the need for everyone to wear skins these days ??
What's the attraction ?? What's the benefit :?

For a 10 year old.....
Benefit - Nil.
Attraction - His idols in the AFL wear them.

Thanks Wooly. My point exactly.... ;)
I love grapes. With grapes, you always get another chance. You know, if you have a crappy apple or a peach, you’re stuck with that crappy piece of fruit. If you have a crappy grape, no problem-just move on to the next. ‘Grapes: The Fruit of Hope.
Choccies
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby The Real Number 3 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:34 pm

piccachu wrote:
When i was playing i always had dodgy groins. always had to keep them warm to keep the legs moving. And as im a bigger lad, they helped with the chaffing!

i also am in the same boat as you number 3 mainly wear them for groin troubles but always a winner on preventing chaif, i have things called core shorts specially for people with bad groins they are only made in the 1 colouor which is half black and half grey which is unfortunate, cost an arm and a leg to @ 160$ a pair

i used to have a pair of them. mine were grey and red inside though. Kindve like a blanket wrapped around your legs hey?
One More!
The Real Number 3
League - Best 21

Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 67 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby carey » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:43 pm

good to keep warm at training!

should not be allowed in a game and if they ever do that p00f should be nailed everytime he goes near the ball.

just my views
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2812 times
Been liked: 2999 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby The Big T » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:40 am

as far as ive read skins are for compression they aid in hamstring groin and quad injury prevention as a trainer i have seen the benefit of them and they seem to work i know when we treat a player with dicky hamstrings quad or groin we have in past applied compression bandaging to them to help the player have heard that black skins werent suppoed to be worn in matches but have never seen and umpire say anything abouth them yet in 5 yrs......have never seen and afl player wear black tho always skin colour but then again they can afford the cost of different colours the poor ave player cant
The Big T

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Choccies » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:43 am

Surely a high percentage of players wearing them have never had a hammy or groin problem in their lives though !!! I can understand fatties wearing them to stop fires between the thighs but I think if you wear skins to 'keep warm' during games then maybe just try running a bit more.... or even warming up ?? :shock:
I love grapes. With grapes, you always get another chance. You know, if you have a crappy apple or a peach, you’re stuck with that crappy piece of fruit. If you have a crappy grape, no problem-just move on to the next. ‘Grapes: The Fruit of Hope.
Choccies
Assistant Coach

Postby Bob Loblaw » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:47 am

carey wrote:good to keep warm at training!

should not be allowed in a game and if they ever do that p00f should be nailed everytime he goes near the ball.

just my views

you do realise they're not talking about the full length variety?
Bob Loblaw
Under 18s

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 8 times

Postby the big bang » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:12 am

Bob Loblaw wrote:
carey wrote:good to keep warm at training!

just my views

you do realise they're not talking about the full length variety?

exactly what i was thinking.
wuuuzzzzz
the big bang
League - Top 5

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 9 times

Postby Iron Fist » Mon May 10, 2010 5:03 pm

Choccies wrote:Surely a high percentage of players wearing them have never had a hammy or groin problem in their lives though !!! I can understand fatties wearing them to stop fires between the thighs but I think if you wear skins to 'keep warm' during games then maybe just try running a bit more.... or even warming up ?? :shock:

good call
and a must for the big guy
otherwise there could be bushfires on the oval :lol:
get on board the thunder train!!!
Iron Fist
Veteran

Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Portland

Postby Choccies » Tue May 11, 2010 9:32 am

Iron Fist wrote:
Choccies wrote:Surely a high percentage of players wearing them have never had a hammy or groin problem in their lives though !!! I can understand fatties wearing them to stop fires between the thighs but I think if you wear skins to 'keep warm' during games then maybe just try running a bit more.... or even warming up ?? :shock:

good call

Trainers like FC will have to start carrying fire extinguishers in their kit bags... :lol:
Choccies
Assistant Coach

Postby the big bang » Tue May 11, 2010 1:03 pm

Choccies wrote:
Iron Fist wrote:

good call

Trainers like FC will have to start carrying fire extinguishers in their kit bags... :lol:

and if you're a "built" as me, your jumper can double as a fire retardant blanket!
wuuuzzzzz
the big bang
League - Top 5

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 9 times

Postby Panther32 » Thu May 13, 2010 2:39 pm

Here's a true story for you which I found very amusing...Danyle Pearce wore black skins under his shorts and was fined from the AFL...they told him they had to be "skin" colour...I think he had a very valid arguement and the AFL could realistically be seen as being racist in this instance!!! :roll:
The only time i've ever been wrong...was when I thought I was wrong!!!
Panther32
League - Best 21

Has liked: 104 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby The Dark Knight » Fri May 14, 2010 5:03 pm

Panther32 wrote:Here's a true story for you which I found very amusing...Danyle Pearce wore black skins under his shorts and was fined from the AFL...they told him they had to be "skin" colour...I think he had a very valid arguement and the AFL could realistically be seen as being racist in this instance!!! :roll:

Interesting- "skin colour" :oops:
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10373 times
Been liked: 1526 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby wilba » Sun May 16, 2010 5:57 pm

interesting at flaggies yesterday .umpires have been warning players over wearing black skins and what did we see? yes an umpire wearing black skins!!!!!!!! wonder how you would go asking them to remove the illegal skins or not let him umpire
wilba
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby 85 WAS A GOOD YEAR » Sun May 16, 2010 6:22 pm

wilba wrote:interesting at flaggies yesterday .umpires have been warning players over wearing black skins and what did we see? yes an umpire wearing black skins!!!!!!!! wonder how you would go asking them to remove the illegal skins or not let him umpire

Yes it is worth asking the question, as the SFL memo sent to clubs does not specify it only relates to players.

Wearing of black coloured Skins: Board have reiterated that there is no tolerance for the wearing of the darker coloured skins, and that the ruling applies to all grades. Umpires to police. The Club is responsible to ensure players do not wear the darker coloured skins. The clubs will be fined $25 per day per person, will be instructing the umpires to NOT allow players to enter the playing area if they are wearing the darker coloured skins. The direction takes effect as from 1st January 2010.
85 WAS A GOOD YEAR
League - Best 21

Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Previous

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues