Grand Finals ??

Adelaide Footy League, Southern, Country Footy, VFL, WAFL, NTFL, etc.

Have you played in a Grand Final??

Yes (and won) \:D/
61%
Yes (and lost) #-o
18%
No never :(
22%

Total votes : 130

Re: Grand Finals ??

by wattle » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:32 pm

Choccies wrote:
wattle wrote:
Choccies wrote:Played in 3 and won all 3. Won a B Grade granny in 2002 whilst playing A's all year and because me and 2 others missed the previous weeks A grade loss we all got permits to play in the B Grade GF which we won. So my first B grade game was a GF win !! The following year won a flag in the A's beating Brahma Lodge and 2008 was the icing on the cake captaining the clubs first C grade GF win against Modbury. So I'm very lucky to have 3 out of 3 cos I'd hate to know what losing one feels like...

Was there to see you guys beat Modbury before we beat them in the c grade so we were going for you guys.It was a good game and you guys fully deserved to win on the day,well done

It was great to win seeing as they knocked us off in the 2nd semi and we had built up a bit of friendly rivalry as they were a good, fair team to play but we still hoped you blokes would win too just to rub it in more !! But when that final siren goes it's an incredible feeling and quite emotional for an old bloke who went into the game with a bad injury... knowing it might be the last one...

Its always good to win a gf but to be underdogs is even better.In c2 Modbury were undefeated all year and 20 points up at 3qtr time and we got up in the dying minutes when klompy kicked a goal to put us 5 points up
wattle
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

by ohh i dunno » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:57 pm

yehh ive won 4 out of 5
ohh i dunno
Rookie

by oldslow » Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:41 am

Played in three won one

Coached in two and got flogged in both
oldslow
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

by The Bartman » Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:48 pm

Lost 2 A grade GF's (one as captain) and 1 B grade as captain. Finally got one last year! It was more of a relief than anything!
We are a drinking team with a football problem!
The Bartman
Reserves

Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

by Nearly Was » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:21 am

Only 1 winning one in 1977. We were the best side all year in A3 and lost the 2nd semi by a few points. Then in preliminary we were 7.3 vs 0.1 down at quarter time Shjt!!. Then we kicked 17 goals without a miss in 2nd quater. In the granny 17 points down with about 5 minutes to go and won by 11 points.
Nearly Was
Under 16s

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 12 times
Grassroots Team: Kilburn

by BALLHOG » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:32 pm

Have played 11 long years of A grade football at Bridgewater and never even got close to making finals. :(
BALLHOG
Under 18s

by Gator-Aid » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:17 pm

BALLHOG wrote:Have played 11 long years of A grade football at Bridgewater and never even got close to making finals. :(

The Raiders had one of the best ruckmen going around in Julian Snowden, not sure if he played in too many finals but being a leftie, shit he was hard to beat.
Now that is just plain dumb, don't you think?
Gator-Aid
Rookie

by Mr Goodkat » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:54 pm

Played in 6 for 6 wins. Very lucky so far.
Mr Goodkat
Mini-League

by MagareyLegend » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:34 pm

2 from 2
SA Amateur Div 1 player
SA Amateur Div 1 Ressies playing coach
"Cousins, runs away from Carr ... not the first time we've seen that this season." - Dennis Commetti
MagareyLegend
Reserves

by MW » Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:56 pm

played in 3 and won 3...but was dropped for 3 others though (2 loss 1 win) :evil:
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2633 times
Been liked: 1862 times

by The Jack » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:52 pm

As far as senior footy goes (I do believe that was the question, although you'd wonder... :roll: ) I've played in 4 and been lucky enough to have 3 wins. One of my teammates has played in 5 and won 5! But the sun has always shone on Jazz' backside! The one we lost was a hiding from Hamley Bridge, they kicked 10 goals in the first quarter. It sticks in my mind for us as one standing up after at least 5 minutes of the Hamley coach at the time's acceptance speech, and heading for the changerooms. Noone was told to do so, it just occurred to everyone at the same time that we didn't have to sit through that, while he thanked his dead grandpa, his grandpa's gardener, his grandpa's gardener's mistress (which unbeknownst to him was probably grandpa's wife), etc. We had been in the changerooms for 10 minutes and he was still going! What a unit! Our footy trip t-shirts said it all - "Doin it for Grandpa!"

And it's funny when trying to compare them (again for those that have been lucky enough to win more than one), the term often used is it's like trying to pick your favourite child. Though not having children myself, I think I can understand. The first one (01) was the first for the Hummocks side of the club in 20 years, 9 years for Wakey side, so that was pretty special. 2nd (03) we only lost 1 or 2 games all year, pretty happy with that, and 3rd (06) we beat Balak (again :D ) in one of the better GF's of recent times by a couple of goals. Too tough to call!
The Jack
Under 18s

Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Hummocks-Watchman

by The Big Shrek » Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:26 pm

The Jack wrote:As far as senior footy goes (I do believe that was the question, although you'd wonder... :roll: ) I've played in 4 and been lucky enough to have 3 wins. One of my teammates has played in 5 and won 5! But the sun has always shone on Jazz' backside! The one we lost was a hiding from Hamley Bridge, they kicked 10 goals in the first quarter. It sticks in my mind for us as one standing up after at least 5 minutes of the Hamley coach at the time's acceptance speech, and heading for the changerooms. Noone was told to do so, it just occurred to everyone at the same time that we didn't have to sit through that, while he thanked his dead grandpa, his grandpa's gardener, his grandpa's gardener's mistress (which unbeknownst to him was probably grandpa's wife), etc. We had been in the changerooms for 10 minutes and he was still going! What a unit! Our footy trip t-shirts said it all - "Doin it for Grandpa!"

And it's funny when trying to compare them (again for those that have been lucky enough to win more than one), the term often used is it's like trying to pick your favourite child. Though not having children myself, I think I can understand. The first one (01) was the first for the Hummocks side of the club in 20 years, 9 years for Wakey side, so that was pretty special. 2nd (03) we only lost 1 or 2 games all year, pretty happy with that, and 3rd (06) we beat Balak (again :D ) in one of the better GF's of recent times by a couple of goals. Too tough to call!

Ha ha ha ha, sure you don't.
The Big Shrek
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 367 times

by Scout » Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:19 am

Julian was a handy player his brother Jeremy was good too
Scout
Under 18s

by valleys07 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:33 pm

Played in 4 GF's for 3 wins and a loss. Been at hv for 4 seasons and have played in 3 flags, so not a bad little stretch, but still waiting for that A Grade flag.....spose i shouldnt complain tho ;)
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 768 times
Been liked: 1171 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

by Frendon » Sat May 02, 2009 12:28 am

I have never played in a Grand Final :( The year I take off footy A's and B's win the flag.
Frendon
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Port District

by carey » Sun May 03, 2009 4:13 pm

4 junior flags from 4 g/f's
1 A grade flag from 2 A grade g/f's
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2812 times
Been liked: 2999 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

by woodublieve12 » Tue May 05, 2009 12:53 pm

Won 2 flags.... One in 2002 vs Woodville South in D3R .... But the most satisfying was beating Golden Grove last year in D5R, 1st we beat the in the 2nd semi at there ground for there 1st loss of the year, then knocking them of in the GF from the last kick of the day to get up by 2 points... Ripper game!!!!!
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3029 times
Been liked: 2404 times

by Johno6 » Tue May 05, 2009 2:17 pm

Last year played in GF Div 5R lost by 3 points, should of won IMO

Year before played in Div6R GF and won by about 3 or so....

Dominate side both years, and to not win last year was a waste of a season almost.... Just glad the A and C grades won theirs tho
R.I.P Mum 28/02/12

Asterix Users - Squibs
Johno6
Coach

Has liked: 344 times
Been liked: 604 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

by Johno6 » Tue May 05, 2009 2:18 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:Won 2 flags.... One in 2002 vs Woodville South in D3R .... But the most satisfying was beating Golden Grove last year in D5R, 1st we beat the in the 2nd semi at there ground for there 1st loss of the year, then knocking them of in the GF from the last kick of the day to get up by 2 points... Ripper game!!!!!

haha only saw ur post after i posted mine.. good game... more so for u guys, but exciting none the less...

i think my goal at the end was gonna win it for us... very heart broken
R.I.P Mum 28/02/12

Asterix Users - Squibs
Johno6
Coach

Has liked: 344 times
Been liked: 604 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

by woodublieve12 » Tue May 05, 2009 2:30 pm

Johno6 wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:Won 2 flags.... One in 2002 vs Woodville South in D3R .... But the most satisfying was beating Golden Grove last year in D5R, 1st we beat the in the 2nd semi at there ground for there 1st loss of the year, then knocking them of in the GF from the last kick of the day to get up by 2 points... Ripper game!!!!!

haha only saw ur post after i posted mine.. good game... more so for u guys, but exciting none the less...

i think my goal at the end was gonna win it for us... very heart broken

yeah, i can only imagine... i was playing down back for most the game... i was off at the end... the bloke i stood, i had for the 2nd semi and the GF.... Good bloke, can't remember his number but he kicked most the goals all season for you... It was a great contest, tight all day.... At least your A's won, knocking of Greenacres which are club was happy to hear, if thats any consilation....
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3029 times
Been liked: 2404 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues