Grand Finals ??

Adelaide Footy League, Southern, Country Footy, VFL, WAFL, NTFL, etc.

Have you played in a Grand Final??

Yes (and won) \:D/
61%
Yes (and lost) #-o
18%
No never :(
22%

Total votes : 130

Re: Grand Finals ??

Postby Johno6 » Tue May 05, 2009 3:05 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
Johno6 wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:Won 2 flags.... One in 2002 vs Woodville South in D3R .... But the most satisfying was beating Golden Grove last year in D5R, 1st we beat the in the 2nd semi at there ground for there 1st loss of the year, then knocking them of in the GF from the last kick of the day to get up by 2 points... Ripper game!!!!!

haha only saw ur post after i posted mine.. good game... more so for u guys, but exciting none the less...

i think my goal at the end was gonna win it for us... very heart broken

yeah, i can only imagine... i was playing down back for most the game... i was off at the end... the bloke i stood, i had for the 2nd semi and the GF.... Good bloke, can't remember his number but he kicked most the goals all season for you... It was a great contest, tight all day.... At least your A's won, knocking of Greenacres which are club was happy to hear, if thats any consilation....

id say that would of been me or sammy .... sammy wore the glove.
we kicked a fair few between us all year. i finished 2nd in the goal kicking for the div, he came 5th or so i think.

the 2 finals and the last game of the season we played against u guys... all 3 real close ripper games.

altho we lost two of the three.... they were easily best 3 games all year for closeness and excitement
R.I.P Mum 28/02/12

Asterix Users - Squibs
Johno6
Coach

Has liked: 344 times
Been liked: 604 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby Johno6 » Tue May 05, 2009 3:12 pm

to answer the question it was a pretty good feeling seeing greenacres lose.
running onto the oval was frickin good..

but back at the club that night watching the a and c grade celebrate wasnt as good as i imagined haha
R.I.P Mum 28/02/12

Asterix Users - Squibs
Johno6
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue May 05, 2009 5:02 pm

Johno6 wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:
Johno6 wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:Won 2 flags.... One in 2002 vs Woodville South in D3R .... But the most satisfying was beating Golden Grove last year in D5R, 1st we beat the in the 2nd semi at there ground for there 1st loss of the year, then knocking them of in the GF from the last kick of the day to get up by 2 points... Ripper game!!!!!

haha only saw ur post after i posted mine.. good game... more so for u guys, but exciting none the less...

i think my goal at the end was gonna win it for us... very heart broken

yeah, i can only imagine... i was playing down back for most the game... i was off at the end... the bloke i stood, i had for the 2nd semi and the GF.... Good bloke, can't remember his number but he kicked most the goals all season for you... It was a great contest, tight all day.... At least your A's won, knocking of Greenacres which are club was happy to hear, if thats any consilation....

id say that would of been me or sammy .... sammy wore the glove.
we kicked a fair few between us all year. i finished 2nd in the goal kicking for the div, he came 5th or so i think.

the 2 finals and the last game of the season we played against u guys... all 3 real close ripper games.

altho we lost two of the three.... they were easily best 3 games all year for closeness and excitement

i stood u i rekon... they were all great games.... goodluck this year, hopefully u can get up this year
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3030 times
Been liked: 2406 times

Postby Felch » Wed May 06, 2009 11:56 am

I remember watching that game.A mate of mine, BK, played for you blokes. You guys came from a fair way down at 3/4 time from memory, and Woody South were top all year, maybe only lost 1 game ? Your A grade got relegated that year though.
Felch
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Portland

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed May 06, 2009 6:56 pm

Felch wrote:

I remember watching that game.A mate of mine, BK, played for you blokes. You guys came from a fair way down at 3/4 time from memory, and Woody South were top all year, maybe only lost 1 game ? Your A grade got relegated that year though.

Yeah that was a ripper comeback that day... BK is a great bloke, haven't seen him for a while.... We were down by bout 4-5 goals in last years grand final...
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3030 times
Been liked: 2406 times

Postby valleys07 » Wed May 06, 2009 11:28 pm

@ 3/4 time? jeez fair come back if so, wouldnt have liked to have been a fly in the gg rooms after that game. I played a majority of the year in d6r in 2007 for hv, but played a's in finals, so missed the granny, gg had a quality side that year, they gave us a fair touch up at harpers at the start the year, for a return win up at the valley for us, prob courtesy of a nasty collision that got us home in the end. In the gf tho gg were just a bit too strong.....Johno6, is pete george still playing out at gg? had some good battles with him on the wing :)
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 768 times
Been liked: 1171 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Johno6 » Thu May 07, 2009 8:58 am

That collision was bad man, i used to work with pete (the guy who was knocked out from ur side) he was a real good dude, that game was screwed tho, no stoppage time is annoying.

nah pete george isnt playin anymore... he pretty much got married and never come back or something?
dunno exactly why he's not playing but he's not out at all this year, and think he might of only played half last year if that?

our side this year is alot diff to last year, and even more so diff from 07

is michael gilling (magilla) dominating out at u guys?
R.I.P Mum 28/02/12

Asterix Users - Squibs
Johno6
Coach

Postby Felch » Thu May 07, 2009 9:11 am

woodublieve12 wrote:
Felch wrote:

Yeah that was a ripper comeback that day... BK is a great bloke, haven't seen him for a while.... We were down by bout 4-5 goals in last years grand final...

Saw him yesterday actually. He came and played a couple of years with us after that GF, but he stuffed his back and can't play anymore.
Felch
Assistant Coach

Grassroots Team: Portland

Postby valleys07 » Thu May 07, 2009 9:55 am

Yeah mick is now a regular a grader one would think, prob played his best game for hv since he has been at the club on sat, down a bit in the ruck dept and virtually had to ruck all day on his own, solid effort from the lad and hope that is a stepping stone for good things to come!

Yeah that collision was nasty, was at the foot of the contenst when it happened and it didnt sound nor look good. He is back out this year playing in the magoos and is a great lad.

Shame about pete george tho, was a good player i thought, just goes to show what the whip can do ;)

Good luck for the rest of the year
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 768 times
Been liked: 1171 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby bulldogs » Sun May 10, 2009 1:33 am

5 Jnr winning Premierships at Ingle Farm ( 2 losing )
1 u/17s at the roosters
5 A-grade Premierships at Pooraka
retired by the age of 26
bulldogs
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 15 times

Postby unknown source » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:18 pm

bulldogs wrote:5 Jnr winning Premierships at Ingle Farm ( 2 losing )
1 u/17s at the roosters
5 A-grade Premierships at Pooraka
retired by the age of 26

jesus you picked the right clubs to play for.. loyalty hasnt helped me ive played in 2 finals and got beat both times.. once in juniors and once at Brahma Lodge div 5 against Smithfield.. been to watch some Grand Finals and the atmosphere when the siren goes is amazing.. hope to have one this year..
unknown source
League - Top 5

Been liked: 1 time

Postby Little Einstein » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:48 pm

Played in 5 grand finals since 99, won 2 lost 3. My team made GF in 08 but did knee in prelim, hardest game i've ever had to watch.....
Little Einstein
Mini-League

Postby Hazbeen » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:40 am

I was lucky enough to play in 10 straight GF's across 4 clubs and 2 states early in my career (88 to 97) for 6 wins then never played in one for the last 7 years before I gave it away.
Hazbeen
Veteran

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 122 times
Grassroots Team: Hummocks-Watchman

Postby CoverKing » Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:35 pm

When i played Juniors at Henley, there were around 6 players who played 3 years of U'9s, 2 U 11s 2 U'13s 2'15s and 1U'17s. In every single year they made the GF and WON.

They got to play in 10 straight premierships. It was great to knock my teammates out when i played against them in the westies/eagles prelim final in the year we won the 17s for the sharks.
They honestly had never felt it before, what its like to lose in a final.
Altho ishared 4 flags with them, it was great to see them see what it was like to not win.
I still remind them of it most weeks ;) :lol:
I Want to be a Western Youth Ranger!
CoverKing
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:36 pm

The footy gods have been very kind to me and I now have both a grand final appearance and a premiership, You beauty!!!
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 747 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby NO-MERCY » Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:42 pm

Was around in the right time & right era.
Won 8 out of 8 :lol:
NO-MERCY
Coach

Been liked: 15 times

Postby Media Park » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:14 pm

Have neither played in a Grand Final, nor a Final of any description...

Only had about 8 or 9 wins so far :(

No-Mercy: Legend
Direct quote:
Wedgie wrote:I wear skin tight arseless leather pants, wtf do you wear?
Media Park
Coach

Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby Spearhead » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:11 am

Played in 6 and won 4 Flags - 2005/06/07 and 2010 with Mt Lofty B grade.
We want Vaughn.
Spearhead
Under 18s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time

Previous

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues