APPS

Adelaide Footy League, Southern, Country Footy, VFL, WAFL, NTFL, etc.

Re: APPS

Postby Pag » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:04 pm

Blacks130 wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:Probably know the answer already but what if a player passes 25 games mid season for their club. Are they then worth 0 points after that time or do they have to be past 25 games at seasons start??
From what I understand it doesn't matter either way. That is, a player carrying points doesn't lose his rating once he plays his 25th game. If he's worth a point he stays a point until that point reduces at the start of the next season.
He's only worth 0 if he's played 25 games previously at your club, leaves, and then returns. Hypothetically, if it's Chris Judd's second year out of directly out of the AFL, and he passes 25 games for your club, it means nothing, he's still worth his normal points.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby daysofourlives » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:19 pm

i would like to see each club given -1 points for any juniors they have that are at a league club at any level and also for players in the AFL system. IMO these are players that would otherwise be at your club so only fair to have some compensation for encouraging lads to have a crack at a league club

Any thought on this, cant think of a reason why this wouldnt be acceptable
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2429 times
Been liked: 1668 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Footy Smart » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:28 am

daysofourlives wrote:i would like to see each club given -1 points for any juniors they have that are at a league club at any level and also for players in the AFL system. IMO these are players that would otherwise be at your club so only fair to have some compensation for encouraging lads to have a crack at a league club

Dont agree, how many junior players are now playing at other SAAFL or country clubs? Loyalty cant be assumed
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby D14 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:43 am

daysofourlives wrote:i would like to see each club given -1 points for any juniors they have that are at a league club at any level and also for players in the AFL system. IMO these are players that would otherwise be at your club so only fair to have some compensation for encouraging lads to have a crack at a league club

On a similar note and may have already been discussed... sorry... If a Junior from your club (Say Div 5) is playing in the SANFL Juniors (not sure what the current grades are) and then gets recruited to a Div 1 club when they don't make SANFL league do they attract any points? I personally would like to see all U18s worth 1 point and 2 points if coming from SANFL Juniors.
D14
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby One Eyed » Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:04 am

ok another question re points what does an under age player from a league club cost points wise.
One Eyed
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Westminster OS

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:56 pm

One Eyed wrote:ok another question re points what does an under age player from a league club cost points wise.

If he's a Westmister Junior who played more than 25 games for the school - zilch

Otherwise - 4 I think.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1744 times
Been liked: 2154 times

Postby 85 WAS A GOOD YEAR » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:28 am

Footy Chick wrote:
One Eyed wrote:ok another question re points what does an under age player from a league club cost points wise.

If he's a Westmister Junior who played for the school - zilch

Otherwise - 4 I think.

Correct if the player previously played 10 or more junior games at that school, it is 1 point. If he is still aged U18 then 0.
Checked the APPS info on SFL website to make sure, and found it's not 4 points.
As under age Footballers are not considered Senior players, and the 4 Points only apply if the person has played 10 plus senior games.

Also worth noting the following info re concessions/deductions of points, as this is generic info for all associations, even though it quotes SFL:
"A SFL registered player playing SANFL returning to his SFL Club (or a SFL Club where he played junior football) shall not attract any additional points, irrespective of the number of SANFL games played.

Deduct 1 point if the player has not played SANFL level football for a full season.
Deduct a further 1 point for each ongoing season until such time as the player is a base “one point player”.
85 WAS A GOOD YEAR
League - Best 21

Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby 85 WAS A GOOD YEAR » Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:18 pm

I just found this info as well from CFB Memo "APPS INTERPRETATIONS"
"PRINCIPLES
• A Junior Player (Under 18 years of age) who transfers to a new club will be given a PPS value if they have played a majority of football in A grade in the previous season.
• The “minus 1 point” value for a Junior Player applies only at the club which is a players “Home/Original Club”, or at which he has played at least 25 games after Under 15 years of age.
• Any Junior player who transfers will not be eligible for the “minus 1 point” value if he plays A Grade for his new club.

SCENARIO ONE
Country under 17 player in 2010 who played 8 A Grade and 4 U17 for Port Pirie Lions, and 9 Under 18 games with his SANFL club – North Adelaide.

He is recruited by neighbouring club at what value? 0
The player points score (PPS) is Zero – he is a junior player, and played a majority of games at Under 18 level – not A Grade."
85 WAS A GOOD YEAR
League - Best 21

Postby watchdog » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:20 pm

Can anyone tell me if the league will supply each club a list of there carry over points from last year?? i.e Player name and how many carry over point he has?
watchdog
Under 18s

Been liked: 11 times

Postby bandar » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:07 pm

The SAAFL have asked each club to confirm carry over points in a report late last year the clubs were also asked to input the points last year when doing new regos.
bandar
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 27 times
Grassroots Team: PHOS Camden

Postby watchdog » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:40 pm

bandar wrote:The SAAFL have asked each club to confirm carry over points in a report late last year the clubs were also asked to input the points last year when doing new regos.

Thanks Bandar. But why should the clubs have to confirm the points with the SAAFL? Shouldn't the SAAFL send out a list of player names and carry over points to each indiviual club for confirmation. I know that the SFL have done this late last year. Would just clear alot of things up for many clubs I would assume.
watchdog
Under 18s

Postby bandar » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:30 am

watchdog wrote:
bandar wrote:The SAAFL have asked each club to confirm carry over points in a report late last year the clubs were also asked to input the points last year when doing new regos.

Thanks Bandar. But why should the clubs have to confirm the points with the SAAFL? Shouldn't the SAAFL send out a list of player names and carry over points to each indiviual club for confirmation. I know that the SFL have done this late last year. Would just clear alot of things up for many clubs I would assume.

Pretty sure a list was sent with all new players clubs got in the time frame for the clubs to assign points. This would be the only way to do it as only the clubs will have junior records at this stage though I believe a nationwide database is going to be brought in in the future.
bandar
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 27 times
Grassroots Team: PHOS Camden

Postby locky801 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:30 pm

Be interesting to see how many clubs have kept Junior records and how accurate they are, and exactly the same for the Associations, being the Junior Games played Stat person at a club I can tell you that some figures differ greatly from the figures I have to that that the Association has on games played the last time I checked which I must admit was the end of last season. At that stage my lad had played 6 games for the year but had played every game (14) and it's quite amazing how quickly they disappear from the Association website where as our clubs website keeps them visibile the entire time. Just yet another problem to be faced
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3772 times
Been liked: 1180 times

Postby watchdog » Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:46 pm

Any chance the SAAFL could do something similar to the GSFL??

http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page ... sID=175134
watchdog
Under 18s

Postby Pag » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:39 pm

No SAAFL clubs should have any reason to apply for extra points. If certain clubs have lost a large chunk of players, tough it out and if it means you get relegated, then you get relegated. It's part of the life of SAAFL clubs, promotion and relegation. Giving sides extra points just opens up a can of worms that can so easily be avoided by just saying no.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby Q. » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:00 pm

Unbelievable. Making exceptions to the rule and it's only February! Why bother with the PPS in the first place FFS :roll:
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Shirtfront » Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:04 pm

When did the points system actually get the go ahead? Would there be some concessions for teams who recruited before the system was officially started? Not for just our club, but clubs in general across all grades?
Shirtfront
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby 85 WAS A GOOD YEAR » Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:44 pm

Shirtfront wrote:When did the points system actually get the go ahead? Would there be some concessions for teams who recruited before the system was officially started? Not for just our club, but clubs in general across all grades?

I wouldn't expect concessions Shirtfront, as the various associations, and club delegates have been aware it was coming in.
CFB originally wanted it introduced for 2010, but there were far too many questions to answer and overcome. So CFB and the league Presidents agreed it needed deferring til 2011.
85 WAS A GOOD YEAR
League - Best 21

Previous

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues