Points System

Adelaide Footy League, Southern, Country Footy, VFL, WAFL, NTFL, etc.

Re: Points System

Postby piccachu » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:36 am

piccachu
The junior rule of 25 games kicks in when they turn 13, so his matches for your club before that age dont count
So, has he played in Qld since he lived up there?
If so, which league?
Did he play A Grade?
Has he played A Grade in the past 2 years?

Old scholars clubs - the same junior rules apply - 25 games after the age of 13.
And, it doesn't matter if you don't graduate. You could play 25 games for St Michaels from years 8 - 10 and 25 for Sacred Heart from years 10 - 12 and qualify for both
And, same as junior clubs: you can qualify as a former junior for 2 clubs if you played 25 games for both.
You can also qualify as a junior for your school and club and both get the benefit if you played 25 games for both

i dont understand why the 25 games have to start from when you get to the age of 13, 25 games playing for points should be enough, what happens in the example of a player plays his whole junior career with a club turns 13 plays a season which consists of about 15 games, plays 9 the following year and is scouted by a league club plays 16s and 18s and maybe some ressies, comes back to his local club all of a sudden worth points?
Were has Marbles gone and who is Satchel
piccachu
League - Top 5

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Portland

Postby piccachu » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:13 pm

Community Football League Rules & Regs say 13 years
I dont know how or why they chose that age, but that's what it is at the moment.
Senior junior football at 13+?

Its my understanding that came in after the original rules came out, when we first started with the points system im led to believe it was just 25 games no age on it and was changed later on down the track, i would like to know the reason behind it, if infact this is the case
piccachu
League - Top 5

Postby Grahaml » Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:03 pm

I agree the 25 games should just be 25 games, not from the age of 13. Or even a minimum number of seasons registered with that club could come into it. If Darcy Hourigan was playing league at 15 how many games could he have possibly played with a local club from 13?
Grahaml
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 169 times

Postby Executive Member » Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:15 pm

IIRC they used the same rule (25 games 13+) as that for Clubs to obtain funding if a player is drafted to keep it simple

To be eligible for funding a Club can only apply if the drafetd player has played 25 games or more for the Club after he has turned 13
Executive Member
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 140 times

Postby piccachu » Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:46 pm

Well, I have the original rules here and they are in there.
And EM has given you the apparent reason why 13 was used.

What would i do without you Jimmy, and thank you for your insight EM,
i now understand why it is there but i most certainly dont agree with it.
like i have said in a previous post, my club in the past has not had the numbers to field an U/15s - U/16s side so anyone we had from under 9s up till then that has moved on due to the club not fielding a side, we loose our rights to have them as a 0 point senior player
piccachu
League - Top 5

Postby FOURTH ESTATE » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:15 am

Is the lads father a life member of the club if so he would be zero pts if he meets the leagues requirements of what they consider to be Life Membership.

13.6 For the purpose of the SACFL’s Appendix 4 Clause 1.5 ruling regarding the child of a Club Life Member, The League’s interpretation of a Life Member of a Member Club is a person who played a minimum of one hundred and fifty (150) senior matches for the same Member Club or has given ten (10) years unpaid off field service to the same Member Club,
(a) The League in its absolute discretion may instigate any investigation it considers appropriate and proper to determine the Life Membership qualifications of any Member Club person.
2017, 2019 & 2020 PREMIERS
RICHMOND, RICHMOND, RICHMOND.

Let that be a lesson to you Sturt. You don't beat Glenelg 3 times in a row in Grand Finals and get away with it.
FOURTH ESTATE
Veteran

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 128 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby piccachu » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:31 pm

Is the lads father a life member of the club if so he would be zero pts if he meets the leagues requirements of what they consider to be Life Membership.

13.6 For the purpose of the SACFL’s Appendix 4 Clause 1.5 ruling regarding the child of a Club Life Member, The League’s interpretation of a Life Member of a Member Club is a person who played a minimum of one hundred and fifty (150) senior matches for the same Member Club or has given ten (10) years unpaid off field service to the same Member Club,
(a) The League in its absolute discretion may instigate any investigation it considers appropriate and proper to determine the Life Membership qualifications of any Member Club person.

Unfortunatly not
piccachu
League - Top 5

Postby FOURTH ESTATE » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:39 pm

That's why they pay me the big bucks to be on the R&R committee
2017, 2019 & 2020 PREMIERS
RICHMOND, RICHMOND, RICHMOND.

Let that be a lesson to you Sturt. You don't beat Glenelg 3 times in a row in Grand Finals and get away with it.
FOURTH ESTATE
Veteran

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 128 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Previous

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues