Community Football Board ***Labelled a Joke***

Adelaide Footy League, Southern, Country Footy, VFL, WAFL, NTFL, etc.

Re: Community Football Board ***Labelled a Joke***

Postby Sky Pilot » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:30 pm

Afterthesiren wrote:Gee... sounds like SA Footy is in all sorts according to the Footy Show. Wayne Jackson has been suggested as the only man to get us out of this mess. Probably right too, I know where he can start... By replacing every member of this CFB. JOKE... JOKE... JOKE.

hahahaha.
X2 :D
People who bought this book also bought a stool and some rope. Unknown literary critic
Sky Pilot
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: BMW

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:37 pm

What's the big deal about adding a logo?
Go to Victoria and every club has the VCFL logo on their guernseys...
I remember when people used to get upset about leagues introducing away shorts and everyone being worried about the burden on clubs etc. It proved to be minimal.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby locky801 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:21 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:What's the big deal about adding a logo?

Yeah right on, 12 sides with guernseys, shorts and socks is a huge cost, our club has already done the sums and our subs for sides will rise at least $40 per player, why should an Under 6 footballer be running round with logos all over them. Our more Senior Junior sides have sponsors that are already running for cover, why should they put money up for sponsorship and logos when this mob of parasites get to put something on every bit of equipment worn for nothing. It stinks

As my 11 year old son said to me yesterday do i have to get a CFL mouthguard.

Thats the big deal Dog Watcher :roll:
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3767 times
Been liked: 1180 times

Postby FOURTH ESTATE » Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:10 pm

This bunch of paraistes are only in it for themselves. Can't make hard calls and hand ball them back to the leagues.

Remember they are only cashed up for 2 years by the SANFL then they are on their own, hence the logos as they get a comission on them. They are supposed to make things cheaper but are forcing up prices.

Clothing suppliers pay a fee to the league to be a supplier then pay a percentage to the league for all jumpers, socks & shorts.

After the deal was done and prices sent out to clubs the CFB step in and tell all suppliers tha they have to pay a commision to them to have their logo on all jumpers socks & shorts. What a ******* joke.

I hope the delegates have the balls to see thru this mob with their smoke and mirrors act and tell them to p@ss off at this years AGM!!!!!!!!!!
2017, 2019 & 2020 PREMIERS
RICHMOND, RICHMOND, RICHMOND.

Let that be a lesson to you Sturt. You don't beat Glenelg 3 times in a row in Grand Finals and get away with it.
FOURTH ESTATE
Veteran

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 128 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby Afterthesiren » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:35 pm

FOURTH ESTATE wrote:This bunch of paraistes are only in it for themselves. Can't make hard calls and hand ball them back to the leagues.

Remember they are only cashed up for 2 years by the SANFL then they are on their own, hence the logos as they get a comission on them. They are supposed to make things cheaper but are forcing up prices.

Clothing suppliers pay a fee to the league to be a supplier then pay a percentage to the league for all jumpers, socks & shorts.

After the deal was done and prices sent out to clubs the CFB step in and tell all suppliers tha they have to pay a commision to them to have their logo on all jumpers socks & shorts. What a ******* joke.

I hope the delegates have the balls to see thru this mob with their smoke and mirrors act and tell them to p@ss off at this years AGM!!!!!!!!!!

Well said FE... whats even more sad is these bunch of clowns were at the recent Country Football Championships spending local football money on heavy drinking. Real professional mob this lot, apparently one of them couldn't walk after a huge session on the gas. Now I've got no problems with drinking but when the booze is purchased via the money gained from all the local state clubs then thats where the problem begins. They don't care about SA Football, they only care about themselves. CLOWNS.
Afterthesiren
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 5 times

Postby Afterthesiren » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:00 am

Perhaps its time for clubs to put tape over any CFB logos on guernseys, shorts etc. in protest until this current board is overturned and replaced.
Afterthesiren
Under 18s

Postby Bulls forever » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:02 pm

locky801 wrote:

Yeah right on, 12 sides with guernseys, shorts and socks is a huge cost, our club has already done the sums and our subs for sides will rise at least $40 per player, why should an Under 6 footballer be running round with logos all over them. Our more Senior Junior sides have sponsors that are already running for cover, why should they put money up for sponsorship and logos when this mob of parasites get to put something on every bit of equipment worn for nothing. It stinks

Locky, you know you can have some impact, remember the vote was 8 7 at NEMJFA. There is still some significant indifference to NEMJFA's involvement in this CFB, not sure it would take too much to turn the tables. The problem is that it will probably cost you that extra $40 anyway per kid. They have a monopoly over insurance, data base, AFL player payments. But a dicky bird tells me, if they give NEMJFA grief, the pin will be pulled.
Bulls forever
Reserves

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Tea Tree Gully

Postby locky801 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:29 pm

Seagull wrote:
Bulls forever wrote:
locky801 wrote:

Locky, you know you can have some impact, remember the vote was 8 7 at NEMJFA. There is still some significant indifference to NEMJFA's involvement in this CFB, not sure it would take too much to turn the tables. The problem is that it will probably cost you that extra $40 anyway per kid. They have a monopoly over insurance, data base, AFL player payments. But a dicky bird tells me, if they give NEMJFA grief, the pin will be pulled.

NEMJFA would not be game to go it alone, and they would be silly if they tried IMO.

Why would they be silly Seagull you cant say that without an explanation :shock:
locky801
Coach

Postby locky801 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:47 am

Early figures worked out, shorts & socks will cost us around 7.5k,

add the logo on shorts and socks 3.1k

total just over 10k

This is a joke surely and a cost clubs cannot afford, let alone parents. Fees are going to have to rise significantly, i can see alot of clubs stuggling to fill sides if we have to comply with this
locky801
Coach

Postby FOURTH ESTATE » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:10 am

Well said Locky this mob are ruining football in this state and have no feel for the game.

It's just jobs for the In bred College Boys who are washed up at SANFL level.

Just about all of them have never been involved with a SAAFL or Country club as an administor.

They just make life harder for both senior and junior clubs every year with their stupid rule changes.

The sooner they P*ss Off and fold the better we will all be.

:axe: :axe: :axe:
2017, 2019 & 2020 PREMIERS
RICHMOND, RICHMOND, RICHMOND.

Let that be a lesson to you Sturt. You don't beat Glenelg 3 times in a row in Grand Finals and get away with it.
FOURTH ESTATE
Veteran

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 128 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby locky801 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:29 am

Finally have had some joy and got things totally confirmed.

Logos dont have to be on Juniors gear until the 2014 season, unless it is new gear.

Logos are placed on socks at no extra cost.

Makes budgetting etc alot easier now for 2012.

Thanks to the NEMJFA & JS Sports for clarifying a few things
locky801
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:32 am

That's good news, Locky.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Purple Cobra's » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:12 pm

Is it true that a player can only sign up for 1 year at a time in country leagues under the new Community Football agreements?

And if so is there any information available on this?
Purple Cobra's
Under 16s

Been liked: 0 time

Postby Caramels » Mon May 14, 2012 12:28 pm

Some rumblings coming from 2 or 3 leagues that they may pull the pin on the CFL in the near future. Pretty serious debate being had by the SFL, GSFL & KIFL so watch this space.
Caramels
Under 16s

Postby abber » Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:45 pm

Word has it the delegate voted in by the SFL, GSFL & KIFL leagues has been rejected by the Board for presenting the opinions of the 3 leagues he represents rather than toeing the Board's line.
abber
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time

Postby Sky Pilot » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:10 pm

You blokes should see the CFB expense accounts allegedly getting a work out in Berri right now. Awesome open wallet surgery apparently going on I believe . The disgraceful aspect to the country champs is the dominance of Southern Zone. Propped up by CFB freeloaders - allegedly.
People who bought this book also bought a stool and some rope. Unknown literary critic
Sky Pilot
Assistant Coach

Postby overloaded » Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:13 pm

We have to do something about this mob. they are useless
therealROSSCO wrote:Now listen to this loud and clear.....

I have not been approached to coach at the WFC this year, next year or any year. I have not approached the WFC to coach this year, next year or any year. This is an unconditional statement.
overloaded
2009 Punting Comp Winner

Postby Sky Pilot » Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:29 pm

overloaded wrote:We have to do something about this mob. they are useless

I could be way off target but this forum seems to have overwhelming consensus. Other threads attract those who agree and those who don't agree plus some fence-sitters on any given topic. Posters on this thread are content to take the p1ss out of the CFB. I think there is a message there!
Sky Pilot
Assistant Coach

Postby overloaded » Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:57 pm

anyone who has had dealings with then knows they are friggen useless

there reputation is a joke
therealROSSCO wrote:Now listen to this loud and clear.....

I have not been approached to coach at the WFC this year, next year or any year. I have not approached the WFC to coach this year, next year or any year. This is an unconditional statement.
overloaded
2009 Punting Comp Winner

Postby freodocker » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:24 pm

I have it on good authority that the Southern directors nomination was not accepted as the views of the leagues he represents don't always agree with those of the chairman and CEO. He also happens to be a life member of the board of which he is not allowed to be a member, his life membership only given last year, please work that one out??????

I believe the constitution was only changed so they could do this to people early in 2012.

What board in a democratic country such as Australia has the right to choose who they want and don't want, this could not be considered a democracy but rather a dictatorship.
freodocker
Mini-League

Previous

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues