power balance bands

Adelaide Footy League, Southern, Country Footy, VFL, WAFL, NTFL, etc.

Re: power balance bands

Postby wooly » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:10 am

Don't pay $60! I've seen them on ebay for 99c, probably not the genuine product but I'm sure they have no benefit as well? :D
wooly
Rookie

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 14 times

Postby Media Park » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:17 pm

wooly wrote:Don't pay $60! I've seen them on ebay for 99c, probably not the genuine product but I'm sure they have no benefit as well? :D

I could make something out of used dingers with the same effect... :lol:
Direct quote:
Wedgie wrote:I wear skin tight arseless leather pants, wtf do you wear?
Media Park
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby RedMagpie » Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:14 am

Injury recovery.
RedMagpie
Under 16s

Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Sent from Above » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:16 pm

Power Balance Bands have a 600% markup on them when being sold in the stores. They are a placebo thing and if you put your mind to it then it will work. Same as everything else ie Pre Game/workout supplements etc... It's all the head and I beleive they are just a fashion accessory. I have worn one for the last 2 months and personally has done nothing for me. But I have come across players that swear by them. So it comes down to personal opinions. I can't sell them to my clients as I dont believe in them. They are however meant to make you sleep better because of the magnets but again after a big night out or a big game you'll sleep well no matter what. You can purchase them on EBay 10 for $20 I got them for but still can't sell them as I don't rate them!
Sent from Above
Mini-League

Postby aceman » Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:52 pm

Sent from Above wrote:Power Balance Bands have a 600% markup on them when being sold in the stores. They are a placebo thing and if you put your mind to it then it will work. Same as everything else ie Pre Game/workout supplements etc... It's all the head and I beleive they are just a fashion accessory. I have worn one for the last 2 months and personally has done nothing for me. But I have come across players that swear by them. So it comes down to personal opinions. I can't sell them to my clients as I dont believe in them. They are however meant to make you sleep better because of the magnets but again after a big night out or a big game you'll sleep well no matter what. You can purchase them on EBay 10 for $20 I got them for but still can't sell them as I don't rate them!

There's no magnets in them!
Always behind the 8 ball
aceman
Coach

Postby RedMagpie » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:21 pm

aceman wrote:
Sent from Above wrote:Power Balance Bands have a 600% markup on them when being sold in the stores. They are a placebo thing and if you put your mind to it then it will work. Same as everything else ie Pre Game/workout supplements etc... It's all the head and I beleive they are just a fashion accessory. I have worn one for the last 2 months and personally has done nothing for me. But I have come across players that swear by them. So it comes down to personal opinions. I can't sell them to my clients as I dont believe in them. They are however meant to make you sleep better because of the magnets but again after a big night out or a big game you'll sleep well no matter what. You can purchase them on EBay 10 for $20 I got them for but still can't sell them as I don't rate them!

There's no magnets in them!

It is also not a 600% mark up!
RedMagpie
Under 16s

Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby valleys07 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:53 pm

valleys07 wrote:i have just invested in one. Having a goal kicking accuracy of 61% for the first 9 games ill see if the accuracy level improves in the 2nd half of the season.......its probably mental confidence if anything but if it improves my goal kicking then who cares!

Well the 2nd half of the season recorded 17 scoring shots at an accuracy of 71% BUT......

At least half of my goals in the 2nd half of the season were soccers or shots from 15m out.....my set shots outside 25m were 2 out of 6 or 7 so all in all i would say its bullsh*t :D

Now aceman, where is my miracle worker ;)
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 768 times
Been liked: 1171 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Interceptor » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:14 pm

Bump. Wouldn't be of any surprise to to most to see this sham product named in the Choice Shonky Awards:

Power Balance bands - which claim to increase an athlete's performance through increasing the natural energy flow - is simply just a rubber band bracelet with a plastic hologram, Choice said.

Choice said the bracelet, which is "endorsed by sporting pros" and sells "for a mere $60 alongside claims it somehow makes you stronger, more poised and just better. The band was tested at Choice under controlled lab conditions, which showed it did little else than empty purchasers' wallets".
Interceptor
League - Top 5

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 24 times

Postby Punk Rooster » Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:06 pm

test wrote:There was a good article on them in the sunday mail a couple of weeks ago, it debunked the testing for them by claiming the improvement in stetching and balance came from the minds ability to repeat the first test better, not because your wearing the band. either way if a person thinks it improves them then why not wear one, its hardly an expensive investment for improved performance.

exactly, & I proved that to some who were convinced- I wore the band during the first "test", & took it off for the 2nd...
Ralph Wiggum wrote:That's where I saw the leprechaun. He told me to burn things

Ken Farmer>John Coleman

Hindmarsh Pest Control
Punk Rooster
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 16 times
Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

Postby am Bays » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:33 am

Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 1831 times

Postby Booney » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:46 am

am Bays wrote:Chance to get some $$$$ back boys...

http://www.safooty.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=25942&p=1170268#p1170268

Pity they cant refund some common sense.....few people might be looking for some. ;)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7521 times
Been liked: 10826 times

Postby am Bays » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:35 am

Booney wrote:
am Bays wrote:Chance to get some $$$$ back boys...

http://www.safooty.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=25942&p=1170268#p1170268

Pity they cant refund some common sense.....few people might be looking for some. ;)

Booney, the dumb and the easily fooled have a right to waste their money like the rest of us....
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 1831 times

Previous

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues