Adelaide Hills Cricket (HCA, TVCA & A&EH) 2013/14.

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Adelaide Hills Cricket (HCA, TVCA & A&EH) 2013/14.

Postby Billabong » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:15 am

old fullback wrote:
Power From Port wrote:
old fullback wrote:Interesting to hear Jarred Tait's comments to a few blokes on the other side of the fence how he didn't rate Strathalbyn and Strathalbyn are a 7 man team as the last 4 batsman for Strath don't bowl and can't bat..

I spoke to Jarrad also and he actually said he rates strath highly but they'll struggle to win a flag when they have 3 blokes who bat 9, 10 & 11 and don't bowl!! I tend to agree with him on this one - it takes 11 blokes to win a flag!!

I agree Nairne have 11 who contribute, on the other hand Strath really only have 7 or 8 who do. If your going to bat at 8,9,10 and 11 you need to bowl or your just making up numbers..

So it's interesting but you agree?? Not right to name names on here.
Billabong
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Mt Barker

Postby Billabong » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:29 am

old fullback wrote:Meadows and Nairne might be strong clubs with depth but playing on hard wickets is hardly challenging, hard wickets for kids, Turf for men..

Didn't Strath beat Nairne on a hard wicket earlier in the season? Then Nairne beat Strath on Strath's turf in the Grand Final? Did I hear correctly that the covers weren't used for the second days play when showers were forecast and the pitch wasn't rolled for the second days play - when Nairne were batting? Certainly VERY challenging if that's the case! But, the kids prevailed........
Billabong
Mini-League

Postby Ramrod » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:33 am

Billabong wrote:
old fullback wrote:Meadows and Nairne might be strong clubs with depth but playing on hard wickets is hardly challenging, hard wickets for kids, Turf for men..

Didn't Strath beat Nairne on a hard wicket earlier in the season? Then Nairne beat Strath on Strath's turf in the Grand Final? Did I hear correctly that the covers weren't used for the second days play when showers were forecast and the pitch wasn't rolled for the second days play - when Nairne were batting? Certainly VERY challenging if that's the case! But, the kids prevailed........

Heard the Covers were left off, thats unfortunate it didnt affect the result. Would've loved to hear on sunday Arvo Nairne couldnt bat. Wouldve celebrated with the Strath lads.
Dont Hate me cause you Aint me.
Ramrod
Rookie

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby Billabong » Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:02 pm

Roxy the Rat Girl wrote:Not everyone has the luxurious depth of players like Nairne does, in fact the only other A grade side in the hills I can think of that might is Meadows. It's easy to make statements like that when you are in a position such as Nairne are at present.

Full credit to Nairne - they've obviously worked hard as a Club to get to where they are now. It's up to the rest of us to work even harder to try to match them.
Billabong
Mini-League

Postby Power From Port » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:55 pm

Ramrod wrote:
Billabong wrote:

Heard the Covers were left off, thats unfortunate it didnt affect the result. Would've loved to hear on sunday Arvo Nairne couldnt bat. Wouldve celebrated with the Strath lads.

How would have you liked it if your club was 35 Runs from a Premiership and the opposition deliberately left the covers off when it was well known there is a chance of rain and you lost? I highly doubt you would be so happy. Strath weren't good enough on the day on their own home deck so tough luck.
Power From Port

Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Lofty

Postby Ramrod » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:16 pm

Power From Port wrote:
Ramrod wrote:
Billabong wrote:

How would have you liked it if your club was 35 Runs from a Premiership and the opposition deliberately left the covers off when it was well known there is a chance of rain and you lost? I highly doubt you would be so happy. Strath weren't good enough on the day on their own home deck so tough luck.

i didnt say i would like it if it happened to my club (if i was still playing) but being Nairne its a different story. Ah well strath need to recruit a couple good players and then they will pass nairne in talent. Who knows what players maybe will shift clubs. if Strath could get a couple more that can hold the bat and bowl, there turn to dominate the comp will come.
Ramrod
Rookie

Postby Roxy the Rat Girl » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:27 pm

Strath simply weren't good enough on the day but were certainly good enough to win if they had have played to their potential - even with 4 blokes who can't bat or bowl ;)
"cricket is the most important activity in men's lives, the most important thread in the fabric of the cosmos"
Roxy the Rat Girl
Under 18s

Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 34 times
Grassroots Team: Langhorne Creek

Postby old fullback » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:54 pm

Billabong wrote:
old fullback wrote:
Power From Port wrote:
old fullback wrote:Interesting to hear Jarred Tait's comments to a few blokes on the other side of the fence how he didn't rate Strathalbyn and Strathalbyn are a 7 man team as the last 4 batsman for Strath don't bowl and can't bat..

I spoke to Jarrad also and he actually said he rates strath highly but they'll struggle to win a flag when they have 3 blokes who bat 9, 10 & 11 and don't bowl!! I tend to agree with him on this one - it takes 11 blokes to win a flag!!

I agree Nairne have 11 who contribute, on the other hand Strath really only have 7 or 8 who do. If your going to bat at 8,9,10 and 11 you need to bowl or your just making up numbers..

So it's interesting but you agree?? Not right to name names on here.

Look, i'm not involved with any of the clubs but it was interesting to hear his comments, I read it as Nairne have stronger depth in there 11,soyeah I do agree Strath have some young guys playing who will be around for a while so it augers well for them. Who did I name?..
old fullback
Under 18s

Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby old fullback » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:57 pm

Nairne were simply too good and that's that, well done I say, 6 in a row is a mighty achievement in anyones game,Strath simply didn't make enough runs another 50 would've been interesting but 100 aint enough in anyones talk..
old fullback
Under 18s

Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby Roxy the Rat Girl » Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:51 pm

Any scores from the Hills GF?
"cricket is the most important activity in men's lives, the most important thread in the fabric of the cosmos"
Roxy the Rat Girl
Under 18s

Postby Dutchy » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:05 pm

Meadows win again, they were very glad Lofty didn't progress to the GF
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Roxy the Rat Girl » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:56 pm

how many is that in a row?
Roxy the Rat Girl
Under 18s

Postby Ramrod » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:34 pm

Big Rumours about a couple good cricketers that could be on the move this year. Two Main suitors. Interesting to see what happens. Could Change things up in the A&EH Comp. These Players are already Involved in the comp.
Ramrod
Rookie

Postby Power From Port » Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:29 pm

Ramrod wrote:Big Rumours about a couple good cricketers that could be on the move this year. Two Main suitors. Interesting to see what happens. Could Change things up in the A&EH Comp. These Players are already Involved in the comp.

Care to elaborate?
Power From Port

Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Lofty

Postby Ramrod » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:41 am

Power From Port wrote:
Ramrod wrote:Big Rumours about a couple good cricketers that could be on the move this year. Two Main suitors. Interesting to see what happens. Could Change things up in the A&EH Comp. These Players are already Involved in the comp.

Care to elaborate?

Cant say the players names, but they havent made decisions as yet. The word i'm hearing is it will be to one of the grand final teams . will have more details soon depending what happens at there current club.
Ramrod
Rookie

Postby Dutchy » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:42 pm

Flagstaff Hill confirmed as joining the HCA, my son plays juniors there and it is a great club and will be an asset to the HCA.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Banker » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:14 pm

Why the move? Big loss for the SCA and great pickup for the HCA.

But please dont tell me they have allowed Onka council to install a rubber pitch!
Banker
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby heater31 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:18 pm

Banker wrote:Why the move? Big loss for the SCA and great pickup for the HCA.

But please dont tell me they have allowed Onka council to install a rubber pitch!

SCA has disbanded their senior competition. All clubs looking for new associations to play senior cricket in.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Dutchy » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:34 pm

SCA disbanded some clubs gone to ASCA and some to GSCA, Flaggy to HCA...not sure where Kangarilla are going?

Interestingly Flaggy does have the rubber matting over the pitch, but thats only there for footy season and it gets pulled up and they play on matting during the season.

From bits Ive seen I think Flaggy will around the middle of the comp in the HCA despite their recent SCA success.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Off The Wall » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:40 pm

Dutchy wrote:

SCA disbanded some clubs gone to ASCA and some to GSCA, Flaggy to HCA...not sure where Kangarilla are going?

Interestingly Flaggy does have the rubber matting over the pitch, but thats only there for footy season and it gets pulled up and they play on matting during the season.

From bits Ive seen I think Flaggy will around the middle of the comp in the HCA despite their recent SCA success.

Kangies will be in HCA too
Off The Wall
Under 16s

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 22 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps