Adelaide Suburban Cricket Assosciation.

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Adelaide Suburban Cricket Assosciation.

Postby Bulldogs007 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:51 pm

Does anyone know of any in's or out's from all teams?
Bulldogs007
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Plympton

Postby wycbloods » Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:36 pm

It is rumoured that the sharks have a whole heap of outs. When they are confirmed with me i will put them on here, some big names though 8) .
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Dr. Rev. Martin Luther King Jnr.

CoverKing said what?

Agree with AF on this one!
wycbloods
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby Bulldogs007 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:55 pm

surely the comittee up at icc will just make some of the player payments a bit bigger, open cheque book
Bulldogs007
Rookie

Postby wycbloods » Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:12 pm

Bulldogs007 wrote:surely the comittee up at icc will just make some of the player payments a bit bigger, open cheque book

:-? :-? ;)
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Dr. Rev. Martin Luther King Jnr.

CoverKing said what?

wycbloods
Coach

Postby CoverKing » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:32 pm

Just a check up on how Booney and wycbloods went last night on there fitness session last night at the home of cricket?? :lol:
I Want to be a Western Youth Ranger!
CoverKing
Coach

Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Postby Booney » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:07 pm

CoverKing wrote:Just a check up on how Booney and wycbloods went last night on there fitness session last night at the home of cricket?? :lol:

You bloody clown.

:roll:

...and a massive :roll: to the bloke who told you about all this....!

;)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10781 times

Postby wycbloods » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:59 pm

Booney wrote:
CoverKing wrote:Just a check up on how Booney and wycbloods went last night on there fitness session last night at the home of cricket?? :lol:

You bloody clown.

:roll:

...and a massive :roll: to the bloke who told you about all this....!

;)

He is a tool that bloke :roll: ;) .

CoverKing said what?

wycbloods
Coach

Postby CoverKing » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:32 pm

=D> =)) =))
CoverKing
Coach

Postby lion heart » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:16 pm

wycbloods wrote:quote="wycbloods"]
DILLIGAF wrote:
wycbloods wrote:Looks like we may have a new side joining our competition this year. The South Coasters playing possibly out of Happy Valley or the Lonsdale area. Some players from Southern and the Sharks forming a new club i believe.

Some interesting motions put forward by some clubs with the Sharks pressing on with their heat policy which, IMHO, is just plain stupid and has no chance of getting through.

i heard they were gonna play at morphet vale high which will make it basiclly o, sullivans beach / lonsdale

They said last night they were looking at Happy Valley primary( i think it was primary) first. But they had another ground as a back up and O Sullivans/ Lonsdale is the one they mentioned.

It is a group of players from various clubs in our comp so i think they should be right to come in. It has people who played last year at Southern, ICC Sharks and maybe even Sheidow Pk.[/quote]

Some one approached the football club about possibly forming a cricket club there about a month ago and some boys were certainly keen including current southern league A graders and a few youg fella's with A grade experience but didnt play last season. Haven't heard anything since though...
O’Sullivan Beach F.C Est. 1975
Lonsdale F.C Est. 1977
O’Sullivan Beach/Lonsdale F.C Est. 2001
Premierships
A-Grade ~ 5
Reserves ~ 5
Juniors ~ 17
lion heart
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 62 times
Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Postby Tight_Lines » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:45 am

lion heart wrote:
wycbloods wrote:quote="wycbloods"]
DILLIGAF wrote:
wycbloods wrote:Looks like we may have a new side joining our competition this year. The South Coasters playing possibly out of Happy Valley or the Lonsdale area. Some players from Southern and the Sharks forming a new club i believe.

Some interesting motions put forward by some clubs with the Sharks pressing on with their heat policy which, IMHO, is just plain stupid and has no chance of getting through.

i heard they were gonna play at morphet vale high which will make it basiclly o, sullivans beach / lonsdale

They said last night they were looking at Happy Valley primary( i think it was primary) first. But they had another ground as a back up and O Sullivans/ Lonsdale is the one they mentioned.

It is a group of players from various clubs in our comp so i think they should be right to come in. It has people who played last year at Southern, ICC Sharks and maybe even Sheidow Pk.

Some one approached the football club about possibly forming a cricket club there about a month ago and some boys were certainly keen including current southern league A graders and a few youg fella's with A grade experience but didnt play last season. Haven't heard anything since though...[/quote]

Dwayne Hepdon is there Pres ex Sheidow Park and I'd imagine his lad Dylan would go to. Wayne Johns another to go from Sharks left arm bowler another ex Sheidow Park/Woodcroft.
Tight_Lines
Under 16s

Been liked: 4 times

Postby Courtney Fish » Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:21 pm

Tight_Lines wrote:
lion heart wrote:[

Some one approached the football club about possibly forming a cricket club there about a month ago and some boys were certainly keen including current southern league A graders and a few youg fella's with A grade experience but didnt play last season. Haven't heard anything since though...

Dwayne Hepdon is there Pres ex Sheidow Park and I'd imagine his lad Dylan would go to. Wayne Johns another to go from Sharks left arm bowler another ex Sheidow Park/Woodcroft.

Wayne Johns the ex Lonsdale Footballer? big blond guy?
Courtney Fish
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 25 times
Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Postby wycbloods » Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:03 pm

Courtney Fish wrote:
Tight_Lines wrote:
lion heart wrote:[

Wayne Johns the ex Lonsdale Footballer? big blond guy?

Blonde is one of the colours and styles i have seen on Wayne Johns, there has also been about another 10, he is a pretty big sort of fella though.

CoverKing said what?

wycbloods
Coach

Postby Bulldogs007 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:36 pm

When do other clubs start pre season training? Plympton had a bit of hit and bowl today.
Bulldogs007
Rookie

Postby CoverKing » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:58 pm

pre-season??? whats that? ;)
CoverKing
Coach

Postby CoverKing » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:05 pm

Saw a couple ramblers boys out last night, and they were saying our very own Roseboy will not be playing this year as he will be overseas? can he or our favourite son Amateur Footy confirm??

Rumours are also circulating that ICC are going to have a couple out. Berry (heading to turf again), Ledgard and Bowen to Southerns again, until ICC reach the finals race and they come back to qualify! I wouldnt be surprised if Bucky leaves aswell!
CoverKing
Coach

Postby wycbloods » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:18 pm

CoverKing wrote:Saw a couple ramblers boys out last night, and they were saying our very own Roseboy will not be playing this year as he will be overseas? can he or our favourite son Amateur Footy confirm??

Rumours are also circulating that ICC are going to have a couple out. Berry (heading to turf again), Ledgard and Bowen to Southerns again, until ICC reach the finals race and they come back to qualify! I wouldnt be surprised if Bucky leaves aswell!

I heard Sampson may be heading to Turf as well. That would be a massive list of outs if they all go and very hard to replace.

CoverKing said what?

wycbloods
Coach

Postby Amateur Footy » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:52 pm

I am your favourite because I tell it how it is and don't pussy foot around posting feel good dribble like many.

Roseboy will be playing, he is currently overseas which has replaced the trip he was going to take over summer. He will be stepping down as President becasue he is lazy.

Speaking of favourite sons, the Ramblers will welcome back two this season. Two former A Grade Captains infact. Jarrad Benson, son of club legend Tony Benson, returns after several years in Japan and is a former A Grade Batting Aggregate winner for the Ramblers. Also, the best bowler in the comp for several seasons IMO was Justin Strange, and the great man should return mid-season from Perth to clean up the tails in ASCA after Roseboy and myself do the hard yards against the top order. Certainly a BIG IN when he returns.

We will lose young Brad Davenport with a shoulder reconstruction.

Possibly a couple of other Ins and Outs but nothing confirmed as yet.

We are also forming our first ever junior side this season with a view to having several sides in coming seasons. Is a must these days for us given tough conditions to recruit players.
Amateur Footy
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby Bulldogs007 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:29 pm

wycbloods wrote:
CoverKing wrote:Saw a couple ramblers boys out last night, and they were saying our very own Roseboy will not be playing this year as he will be overseas? can he or our favourite son Amateur Footy confirm??

I heard Sampson may be heading to Turf as well. That would be a massive list of outs if they all go and very hard to replace.

Will be very interesting to see if any of these's players do go, or as i have said previously the open cheque book gets bigger.
Bulldogs007
Rookie

Postby CoverKing » Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:17 pm

Amateur Footy wrote:I am your favourite because I tell it how it is and don't pussy foot around posting feel good dribble like many.

Roseboy will be playing, he is currently overseas which has replaced the trip he was going to take over summer. He will be stepping down as President becasue he is lazy.

Speaking of favourite sons, the Ramblers will welcome back two this season. Two former A Grade Captains infact. Jarrad Benson, son of club legend Tony Benson, returns after several years in Japan and is a former A Grade Batting Aggregate winner for the Ramblers. Also, the best bowler in the comp for several seasons IMO was Justin Strange, and the great man should return mid-season from Perth to clean up the tails in ASCA after Roseboy and myself do the hard yards against the top order. Certainly a BIG IN when he returns.

We will lose young Brad Davenport with a shoulder reconstruction.

Possibly a couple of other Ins and Outs but nothing confirmed as yet.

We are also forming our first ever junior side this season with a view to having several sides in coming seasons. Is a must these days for us given tough conditions to recruit players.

^:)^ :-bd

Good to see you post again AF.

When did Brad have his shoulder reconstruction? i just had another one in mid June. Hoping to be ready for round 1, well 90% sure i will. That is not good for Brad. He is a very promising player, and is the future of your club i would think.

With the in's, i havnt heard of the first bloke, but Strange is a massive in. I remember going to watch games at the youth centre when knowlsey and co played, and strange being the main bowler taking the wickets. Massive in, which IMO could take the ramblers from the semi's in 08/09 to the big one next year.

And well done on getting the juniors up for the first time, good to hear! i would imagine it would be hard for the ramblers with the other coro having a lot of junior sides i think! I think clubs can no longer afford to not have juniors, and i think this is being shown down at Westminster at present. It is extremely hard to have a successful club and numerous competitive sides without juniors.
CoverKing
Coach

Postby Amateur Footy » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:13 pm

Brad won't have it until end of footy season I think, so rules him out for cricket season. Has his priorities right.

A full season for big Dimma Allen will be handy for us too, only played a couple of A Grade games late last season and was our best bat (mind you that wasn't hard).

Calderbank is due for a form lapse so we will need a new slow bowler.
Amateur Footy
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps