Murray Towns Cricket Association 2012-13 season

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Postby been there done that » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:05 pm

Any gossip for the up coming season, player movements, recruits. Gossip i have heard is Happy not captain of Jervois, C Fidge is and maybe Carl Pfeiffer is on the move there as he has lost his captaincy at Monarto
been there done that
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Re: Murray Towns Cricket Association 2012-13 season

Postby RyderCourtney » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:10 pm

Well thats some fair gossip to start with. I see the fixtures are up on the MTCA website. Interesting that there will also be a T20 comp the week before the season starts with all A grade side except Karoonda participating in a knockout comp.
RyderCourtney
Under 16s

Has liked: 6 times

Postby been there done that » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:10 pm

i see in the b grade its a 12 team comp with the grand final on Jan 19th. Is this a mistake? It only has the teams playing each other once.
been there done that
Rookie

Postby RyderCourtney » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:42 am

been there done that wrote:i see in the b grade its a 12 team comp with the grand final on Jan 19th. Is this a mistake? It only has the teams playing each other once.

Na i believe they will split into 2 divisions after they have all played each other once, So a top 6 and a bottom 6 and they will then go on to play each other one more time. Something a little bit different.
RyderCourtney
Under 16s

Postby been there done that » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:21 am

Harrowfield to Nairne is one floating around the Bridge. Anyone want to confirm?
been there done that
Rookie

Postby Mr_Willy » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:25 pm

Correct, Harrowfield to Nairne... Massive loss for us but life goes on..

The T20 comp should be an interesting hit and giggle to start the year, might help generate a bit of interest in the comp and maybe entice some new players...
Mr_Willy
Coach

Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby RyderCourtney » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:25 pm

Mr_Willy wrote:Correct, Harrowfield to Nairne... Massive loss for us but life goes on..

The T20 comp should be an interesting hit and giggle to start the year, might help generate a bit of interest in the comp and maybe entice some new players...

wow that is a big out mr willy. I'm sure u will step up to the plate in his absence ;)
RyderCourtney
Under 16s

Postby Mr_Willy » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:36 pm

RyderCourtney wrote:
Mr_Willy wrote:Correct, Harrowfield to Nairne... Massive loss for us but life goes on..

wow that is a big out mr willy. I'm sure u will step up to the plate in his absence ;)

Yeah hopefully I can make 500 runs this year!! :-)

Spoke to Bulldog last night and with a bit of luck he will be back before too long...
Mr_Willy
Coach

Postby RyderCourtney » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:54 pm

Any predictions for the season this year??? Reckon Mypo will be pretty stung by their shock exit last year and expect them to finish minor premiers again.
RyderCourtney
Under 16s

Postby centrewing » Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:23 pm

Tailem beat jervois in the final of the t20 comp. Good to see both teams have some success.
centrewing

Postby Mr_Willy » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:42 pm

Well done to Tailem, and also to Jervois on making the final.... Was a really good and enjoyable day.... In the end I wish we at Imps probably took it a bit more seriously but it was a good day for the association and hopefully something that will continue into the future.

Looking forward to getting stuck into the real stuff this week though..... Looks like based on Saturday it is going to be a really close competition with most sides capable of beating one another on any given day. Not sure how most teams went with availablility (I know at Imps we'll have a massively different side) on Saturday but it looks like a few new players coming into the association which is a good sign.
Mr_Willy
Coach

Postby RyderCourtney » Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:57 pm

Yeah should be another close season for sure. Basically the same as last year with anyone on their day being able to get up.

Reckon Tailem will fly out of the blocks. Been training since footy finished and proof in the pudding with their strong start and the T20 season.

Great to see Jervois make it to the final too. Got some handy young players there too and if the Fidge boys can fire expect a few more wins for the bloods this season.
RyderCourtney
Under 16s

Postby CoverKing » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:25 pm

Mr_Willy wrote:
RyderCourtney wrote:

Yeah hopefully I can make 500 runs this year!! :-)

Spoke to Bulldog last night and with a bit of luck he will be back before too long...

Reckon he will be playing in the city again next year ;)
I Want to be a Western Youth Ranger!
CoverKing
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Postby RyderCourtney » Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:33 pm

Heard on the grapevine that Monarto knocked up a lazy 300 again. Sam Pfieffer with 180odd not out. Geez they are in some fine form. Nothing like peaking a little too early in the season though ;)
RyderCourtney
Under 16s

Postby Mr_Willy » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:00 am

RyderCourtney wrote:Heard on the grapevine that Monarto knocked up a lazy 300 again. Sam Pfieffer with 180odd not out. Geez they are in some fine form. Nothing like peaking a little too early in the season though ;)

Maybe they can talk to Meningie FC A grade about getting excited about winning games early in the season... ;) :lol:
Mr_Willy
Coach

Postby RyderCourtney » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:10 pm

Mr_Willy wrote:
RyderCourtney wrote:Heard on the grapevine that Monarto knocked up a lazy 300 again. Sam Pfieffer with 180odd not out. Geez they are in some fine form. Nothing like peaking a little too early in the season though ;)

Maybe they can talk to Meningie FC A grade about getting excited about winning games early in the season... ;) :lol:

Dont beleive Meningie FC won a game till round 5 but i see what your getting at Mr Willy. Imps wouldnt be a team to get a little ahead of themselves either ;-)

Back onto Cricket anyways. Tell ya what Mannum have a super young player in Hancock. Would not look out of place in the Under 15's heightwise but has a terrific all round game. Beat us singlehandedly on saturday. Lucky he went on to make 80odd too after running out Cutter :)
RyderCourtney
Under 16s

Postby Mr_Willy » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:21 pm

RyderCourtney wrote:
Mr_Willy wrote:

Dont beleive Meningie FC won a game till round 5 but i see what your getting at Mr Willy. Imps wouldnt be a team to get a little ahead of themselves either ;-)

Back onto Cricket anyways. Tell ya what Mannum have a super young player in Hancock. Would not look out of place in the Under 15's heightwise but has a terrific all round game. Beat us singlehandedly on saturday. Lucky he went on to make 80odd too after running out Cutter :)

Must've been midseason when they celebrated a little too hard after beating us then. :lol:

Pre Xmas form doesn't mean a lot - we only won 2 maybe 3 games before Xmas last year... And even then you still need a lot of luck in March, just need to look at Mypo last year. Gotta make finals to be any chance but then it only takes one bloke to have a day out and it can finish your season.

Sounds like a good young cricketer for Mannum.. He bowled pretty well against us as well... I heard you guys had Mannum 8 for 80 odd, so for one young lad to make 80 thats a good effort...
Mr_Willy
Coach

Postby GWW » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:26 pm

Any reports on the recent games(s) between the retired international Australian players (Greg Matthews, Craig McDermott etc) and the local Murray Towns players?

Anyone watch any of the games, were played at Johnston Park I believe.
GWW

Has liked: 816 times
Been liked: 166 times

Postby Mr_Willy » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:25 pm

There was only one game played in our association and yes it was at Johnstone Park Sunday week ago.

The Saturday night Sportsmans night was an awesome night - a great chance to chat to these legends of the game in a relaxed social atmosphere and the players were very accommodating and approachable. Was awesome sitting having tea with Craig McDermott and Terry Alderman - some great insights from their playing days and they showed a genuine interest in our association. And boy can the guys drink!! :lol:

The Sunday game had a lower attendance than was hoped but it was an awesome day - MTCA copped a bit of a flogging and I was pretty surprised at how serious the ACA Masters took the game - I thought it would just be a big muck around for them, but they want to win! :lol: :lol: :lol: Although Greg Matthews bowling to Annie O'Neil had 4 covers and 4 mid wickets... But the game was done and dusted by then...
Mr_Willy
Coach

Postby been there done that » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:33 pm

Mannum lost today. Any other scores we can get before Tuesdays Standard as the MTCA website is behind the times of other associations reporting there scores
been there done that
Rookie

Next

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps