Adelaide Hills Cricket 2012/13 (HCA, TVCA, A&EH)

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Adelaide Hills Cricket 2012/13 (HCA, TVCA, A&EH)

Postby Dutchy » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:11 pm

Time for a new thread for the season ahead.

So what is hews across the Hills.

Lofty have announced Leith Dawes as our new coach, Sinkas is back as Captain and we will be fielding a B grade side this year.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2424 times
Been liked: 3832 times

Re: Adelaide Hills Cricket 2012/13 (HCA, TVCA, A&EH)

Postby Silverfox_77 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:20 am

Paracombe Pirates have started pre season indoor trainings. Looks as if we'll have same team as last year. We also have first option of entering a team in the Country Cup for the first time. As for the Torrens Valley comp, i believe 8 A and B Grade sides. Good to see they are still moving forward in trying to get junior comps up and running with a possible U10 competition. Have to start somewhere.
Silverfox_77
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby hereselmo1 » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:24 pm

I heard an interesting rumour about the Meadows Captaincy.

Can anyone fill us in?
hereselmo1
Under 16s

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 1 time

Postby Koll Joll Roll » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:33 pm

Pretty simple from what I have heard. Kris informed Rohan and others that he was going to play else where as he needed a change. When Rohan and others asked as to the real reason why he was leaving it was because he wanted to captain an A Grade side before his knee forces him to retire. He felt he had a better chance at another club and didnt want to upset the current meadows team or take it off Rohan as he himself thought Rohan should captain. Rohan then offered to stand down and give him the captaincy of his own back (wasnt asked to or pushed) in order to keep the side together. They are a pretty tight bunch at Meadows and will be tough to beat again with everyone going around again.
Koll Joll Roll
Mini-League

Postby moses » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:51 pm

Koll Joll Roll wrote:Pretty simple from what I have heard. Kris informed Rohan and others that he was going to play else where as he needed a change. When Rohan and others asked as to the real reason why he was leaving it was because he wanted to captain an A Grade side before his knee forces him to retire. He felt he had a better chance at another club and didnt want to upset the current meadows team or take it off Rohan as he himself thought Rohan should captain. Rohan then offered to stand down and give him the captaincy of his own back (wasnt asked to or pushed) in order to keep the side together. They are a pretty tight bunch at Meadows and will be tough to beat again with everyone going around again.

That's odd. Haven't Meadows won the last 5 flags out there with Rohan as skipper? I'd be telling Kris Echunga is just down the road :-h
moses
Under 18s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby hereselmo1 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:50 am

Astounding.

I am sure all of the other clubs will he happy to hear that.

Obviously they will still have a quality team but from an outsider Rohan has always seemed a very good, astute captain.

Will Kris unite the team in the same way?
hereselmo1
Under 16s

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 1 time

Ashbourne Cricket Club Seeking A Grade Coach

Postby Ashbourne CC » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:46 pm

Ashbourne Cricket Club

Seeks A Grade playing Coach

Affiliated with the Alexandra and Eastern Hills Cricket Association (A&EHCA) and boasting turf pitches, the Ashbourne Cricket Club has enjoyed success through the second team winning premierships in the past three seasons. We wish to extend this success to the A Grade team and are seeking to engage the services of an A Grade playing coach for the 2012/13 season. This position will compliment several new players the club has secured for the coming season.

Applicants for the position must be:

An A Grade Cricketer
Able to develop and improve the skills of junior and senior players
Passionate about creating a culture of success at the club
Professional in their conduct
A good communicator and good leader

The Coach is required to:

Conduct senior training sessions to build player and team skills and abilities
Assist with junior training as required
Play in A Grade matches
Provide input to team selections and match strategies
Attend club functions

Remuneration:

Remuneration for the position is negotiable

For all enquiries:

Please contact Andrew Stidston on 0420 855 418 or
Email: andrew.stidston@abs.gov.au

ACC 2012 coach flyer A4.pdf
(279.11 KiB) Downloaded 58 times
Last edited by Ashbourne CC on Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ashbourne CC
Mini-League

Postby Jugs » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:07 pm

Aufderhide to return to Lobey from Kensington
Jugs
Under 16s

Grassroots Team: Blues Football Club

Postby saintal » Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:51 pm

Silverfox_77 wrote:Paracombe Pirates have started pre season indoor trainings. Looks as if we'll have same team as last year. We also have first option of entering a team in the Country Cup for the first time. As for the Torrens Valley comp, i believe 8 A and B Grade sides. Good to see they are still moving forward in trying to get junior comps up and running with a possible U10 competition. Have to start somewhere.

As silverfox mentioned, status quo in the A grade. Season to kick off on 13th, with 7 two dayers and 4 one dayers to be scheduled. Hopefully Paracombe take up the Country Cup offer, as TVCA would want its strongest team representing it.

In the B grade, good to see Birdwood nominating a side, while a few other clubs have expressed concerns about the viability of their B grade. Hopefully they pull together a second side as it’s hard to get by with just one team (been there done that, not good..)

Birdwood, Lenswood, Gumeracha and Paracombe are exploring the possibility of an U11s comp. The first two clubs listed played juniors in AEH last year. It is a start; however the dearth of 12-16 year olds playing in the region is obviously a concern.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 358 times
Been liked: 447 times

Postby Dutchy » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:16 pm

Koll Joll Roll wrote:Pretty simple from what I have heard. Kris informed Rohan and others that he was going to play else where as he needed a change. When Rohan and others asked as to the real reason why he was leaving it was because he wanted to captain an A Grade side before his knee forces him to retire. He felt he had a better chance at another club and didnt want to upset the current meadows team or take it off Rohan as he himself thought Rohan should captain. Rohan then offered to stand down and give him the captaincy of his own back (wasnt asked to or pushed) in order to keep the side together. They are a pretty tight bunch at Meadows and will be tough to beat again with everyone going around again.

Wow, puts a bit of heat on himself right there.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2424 times
Been liked: 3832 times

Postby The Bowler » Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:55 pm

I heard the AEH is going to have an 8 team A grade comp this year?? Does anyone know if this is correct and if so which teams have dropped out from last season? i know Mount Barker weren't going to nominate, but thought there was going to be a 10 team comp. Please shed some light if you can. :?
The Bowler

Postby Banker » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:50 am

Heard a month or so ago the Echunga/Mylor experiment in the A's is over
Banker
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby The Bowler » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:26 am

Thats a surprise, I thought their arrangement seemed to work OK last season. So maybe they are 1 of the teams?
The Bowler

Postby jackpot jim » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:26 am

The Bowler wrote:I heard the AEH is going to have an 8 team A grade comp this year?? Does anyone know if this is correct and if so which teams have dropped out from last season? i know Mount Barker weren't going to nominate, but thought there was going to be a 10 team comp. Please shed some light if you can. :?

Will almost definitely be a 8 team 'A' grade comp this year down from the 11 teams from last year.
Bit of a surprise seeing that at the AGM about a month ago, all 11 clubs with an 'A' grade last year indicated they were fielding an 'A' grade team this year.
Perhaps the failed bid to go to an all 1 day comp has changed a few clubs ambitions?

Have heard Ech/Mylor along with Mt. Barker wish to drop out.
The executive committee MAY then use their discretion to negotiate with 1 other team to drop out to achieve the desired 8 'A' grade team comp which would then see 1 complete round of 1 & 2 day games.
jackpot jim
Coach

Has liked: 341 times
Been liked: 461 times

Postby The Bowler » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:58 pm

Thanks for filling me in a bit on that, I guess we will just need to wait to see who the final team is that the exec committee negotiates with to get it to an 8 team comp. Can't wait to get the season under way :)
The Bowler

Postby Power From Port » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:39 pm

When abouts do the AEHCA Fixtures come out?
Power From Port

Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Lofty

Postby saintal » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:10 pm

jackpot jim wrote:The executive committee MAY then use their discretion to negotiate with 1 other team to drop out to achieve the desired 8 'A' grade team comp which would then see 1 complete round of 1 & 2 day games.

That would equate to 21 weeks of cricket, plus finals, and courier cup etc. A lot of cricket. (although I think HCA had a similarly long season last year)

Interesting idea. Would all grades go the full 21 weeks? I can't imagine too many lower grade teams being keen on that many games.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 358 times
Been liked: 447 times

Postby jackpot jim » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:15 am

saintal wrote:
jackpot jim wrote:The executive committee MAY then use their discretion to negotiate with 1 other team to drop out to achieve the desired 8 'A' grade team comp which would then see 1 complete round of 1 & 2 day games.

That would equate to 21 weeks of cricket, plus finals, and courier cup etc. A lot of cricket. (although I think HCA had a similarly long season last year)

Interesting idea. Would all grades go the full 21 weeks? I can't imagine too many lower grade teams being keen on that many games.

Only the 'A' grade would play the 21 weeks.
Start on Oct 6th with all other grades starting a week later.
'A' grade may play a Sat/Sun match depending on what dates the finals are programmed for.
jackpot jim
Coach

Postby Pinarello » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:25 am

jackpot jim wrote:
saintal wrote:

Only the 'A' grade would play the 21 weeks.
Start on Oct 6th with all other grades starting a week later.
'A' grade may play a Sat/Sun match depending on what dates the finals are programmed for.

Between "wash out's" and "heat out's" I doubt there will actually be 21 weeks of cricket played!
Pinarello
Rookie

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 6 times

Postby jackpot jim » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:40 pm

Heard today that the A&EHCA will probably adding a 'D' grade to the comp. :shock:
That would make for 5 senior grades - A, A2, B, C & D with possibly 8 teams in each grade.
A & A2 with a combination of 1 & 2 day games whilst the B, C & D grade will be all 1 dayers.
Also heard that Ashbourne will have 3 senior teams along with 2 colts teams. :shock:
Great to see the smaller country clubs getting on the front foot and growing their brand instead of merging or folding all together.
jackpot jim
Coach

Next

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps