Adelaide Hills Cricket (Hills, A&EH, TV)

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Adelaide Hills Cricket (Hills, A&EH, TV)

Postby dukes » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:44 pm

ray borner wrote:
dukes wrote:
Tooting Bec wrote:Have heard a strong rumour that Cupido won't be at Stirling next year and that allready a few teams have started to chase him...

If this is the case....Stirling will be in some serious trouble....

I was speaking to him last week and he said he was captain coaching Stirling next season.

Lets hope this is the case...because with out what Cupido adds to stirling they will be lucky to bowl any side out and deffently wouldnt make over 100 any week!!
dukes
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Cougar » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:37 am

See Palmer Cricket Club Committee Member Paul Menzel became an instant Millionaire on the weekend. A lazy $4.1 Million at that :shock: The former Palmer CC player had his Bears hat on for all his Television interviews and has no plans on moving from the district. Could he buy Darren Lehman for next season, or would the Deccan Chargers pay him more?
Cougar
League - Best 21

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 37 times

Postby Cougar » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:43 pm

Rumour going around that a Big Ship may have jumped ship to the Cavaliers.
Cougar
League - Best 21

Postby saintal » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:48 pm

Cougar wrote:Rumour going around that a Big Ship may have jumped ship to the Cavaliers.

rumour has been around for a few winters hasn't it? 8)

TVCA AGM last night I think. I wonder what came up. Palmer situation I guess. How many teams in the As. (extremely likely LRCC will go up)
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby Cougar » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:01 pm

saintal wrote:
Cougar wrote:Rumour going around that a Big Ship may have jumped ship to the Cavaliers.

TVCA AGM last night I think. I wonder what came up. Palmer situation I guess. How many teams in the As. (extremely likely LRCC will go up)

It HAS been, but this time pen may have been put to paper at the Kersbrook v Torrens Valley footy match on Saturday.
Cougar
League - Best 21

Postby Deep Long Off » Wed May 06, 2009 3:35 pm

Cougar wrote:
saintal wrote:

It HAS been, but this time pen may have been put to paper at the Kersbrook v Torrens Valley footy match on Saturday.

If it IS true - then bloody hell the line up at Kersbrook will be fairly solid (no pun intended)!!!!! But where does that leave Woodside????? - A definite one man show - Wingers...
Deep Long Off
Mini-League

Postby The Big Ship » Mon May 18, 2009 8:34 pm

Deep Long Off wrote:
Cougar wrote:
saintal wrote:

If it IS true - then bloody hell the line up at Kersbrook will be fairly solid (no pun intended)!!!!! But where does that leave Woodside????? - A definite one man show - Wingers...

Um, Note to DLO, I'm pretty sure that Wingers has carried the Warriors for the last few seasons anyway. Craig "Buckets" Medlow has returned to Warrior Park, dunno if he'll captain as BJ Druwitt extra keen to continue.

Here's a MASSIVE twist for season 09/10, recent TVCA Cricketer of the year, Tyson Rathjen, set to sign for the Cavaliers if the Palmer Bears defect to the Murraytowns comp (which is quite a possibility after the treatment they received from the TVCA after they lodged a protest over the "Collygate" affair). That'll certainly sure up Kersbrooks 11.

Also, Lenswood and Mt Torrens to move up and join the A Grade and the B Grade to finally convert to one day games for the whole season. (hear that? It's a collective sigh from all the respective B grade captains/selectors)
The Big Ship

Postby Yoda » Wed May 27, 2009 1:49 pm

Heard a rumor out last weekend that T Williamson is having meetings with Meadows, Strath, SCIBS his old side, Stirling, Brighton does anyone know where he will be coaching as i have also heard T Koch from Glenelg has retired so i am no betting man but would say they would play together somewhere as they are close mates very handy batsman is T Koch. :shock:
Yoda

Postby razorback7 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:48 pm

Yoda wrote:Heard a rumor out last weekend that T Williamson is having meetings with Meadows, Strath, SCIBS his old side, Stirling, Brighton does anyone know where he will be coaching as i have also heard T Koch from Glenelg has retired so i am no betting man but would say they would play together somewhere as they are close mates very handy batsman is T Koch. :shock:

I would be pretty sure Tarque will stay at Meadows where he was last season?????

I dont think Kochy has retired. Terrible rumour seeing as Tarque was already at Meadows :lol:
razorback7
Under 16s

Postby Banker » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:23 pm

ha tarque does this every year... wonder if scibs will throw cash at him to play & coach there? Won 4 flags last time!
Banker
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby toot toot » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:02 am

heard a rumour last night that Dizzy Gillespie maybe fronting up for the Gate this year. apparently he is building a house in the area & his missus's parents also live there.
toot toot
Under 16s

Been liked: 5 times

Postby james07 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:11 pm

does anyone know ben tucker from stirling got a few mates who know him and talk about him a bit
james07
Under 16s

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 13 times

Postby ray borner » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:19 am

Rumour ive heard is Cupido is coaching $tirling and are chasing John Pratt and Ben Warren who i believe are fairly handy and are also having a crack at Tarque ( sure a few others are as well).
ray borner
Rookie

Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Pooraka

Postby pipers » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:13 pm

toot toot wrote:heard a rumour last night that Dizzy Gillespie maybe fronting up for the Gate this year. apparently he is building a house in the area & his missus's parents also live there.

I think TTG would be very shocked if that were to happen.

The bit about the property in the area is true though...
"loyalty is dead"
pipers
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Adelaide Lutheran

Postby jackpot jim » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:17 am

ray borner wrote:Rumour ive heard is Cupido is coaching $tirling and are chasing John Pratt and Ben Warren who i believe are fairly handy and are also having a crack at Tarque ( sure a few others are as well).

Cupido and Warren are good mates from footy days at South and also Warren got Cupido to play cricket at L.Ck a few years ago. Think Cupido wants Benny to return the Favour BUT i've been ASSURED Warren will be playing at L.Creek again barring a footy injury which kept him out of cricket for the majority of last season.
jackpot jim
Coach

Has liked: 339 times
Been liked: 448 times

Previous

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps