BA$H-4-CA$H FUND RAISER

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: BA$H-4-CA$H FUND RAISER

Postby bash4cash » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:05 pm

Hey everyone,

On Sunday, November 13, I have organised a day which includes 3 x twenty20 games - with the aim of raising awareness and much needed funds for the Haemophilia Foundation of Australia (please visit www.haemophilia.org.au for information about what haemophilia is) but I have struggled to fill the 6 teams, which were initially suppose to be filled with members from the PDCA and C&CCA so I would like to extend and invitation to members of all associations to partake in the games. There are 2 games starting at 11am and one to start at about 1pm - after the first 2 games finish. If you are interested in playing please contact me asap. There is also a facebook group 'bash4cash' and an event invitation going around on facebook too... even if you cant play, please try and get along to the ground (corner of South Terrace and Goodwood road, Adelaide) and support a great cause.

Thanks

-Andrew Brook
bash4cash

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Trader » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:56 am

bash4cash wrote:Andrew Brook

Do you happen to train with an ATCA side?
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby bash4cash » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:19 pm

Trader wrote:

No I dont mate, whys that?
bash4cash

Postby Trader » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:08 pm

bash4cash wrote:
Trader wrote:

No I dont mate, whys that?

Got a guy by the same name who trains with us, that's all.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby broca011 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:37 pm

Hi all, only a short time left until the bash-for-cash is on again. Please get behind this great event and while it may take up part (or all) of your Sunday please give up some of your time to head down to participate or even just watch some entertaining cricket.

Last year's event was brilliant and raised some much needed funds for those impacted by the Qld floods. This year the event will be raising funds for those families throughout Australia who are impacted by Haemophilia. If you don't know much about this disorder, it basically means your blood does not clot. While you and I might take it for granted that we are able to play sports like cricket, those unlucky enough to have this disorder are not. Being hit by a cricket ball may lead to massive internal bleeding and at it's worst, be fatal.

This event hits very close to home for my family as my 18 month old nephew has this disorder. I hope that one day a cure is found and he is able to participate in sports like you and I, however this is only going to be possible through fundraising days like this. Your donation, time or money, will go a long way towards helping.

Craig (Brooksy)
broca011
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby charlie_MAN » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:36 pm

what are the numbers looking like for this game??
charlie_MAN

Postby broca011 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:15 pm

Ok guys, I just spoke with Andy as he has not had a chance to get on here due to his son being in hospital for the past day getting treatment. This is the current position:

Only 20 players have committed to the day. Sorry but I don't have details of who they are and which association they are from. For the day to go ahead we need to have 66 players fully committed. If we are not able to reach this number by Saturday night (5/11) the whole event will have to be cancelled.

Come on guys, get stuck into your mates at training tonight and on Saturday and lets not allow this event to fail. last years event was fantastic, seeing the PDCA and Churches put on such a quality final match which went down to the last ball, especially with some of the class that took to the field.

There are not many chances that we get to play with guys from other team and what better time to do it than raising much needed funds for a charity. Anyone who is yet to commit but would like to take part pleaes let me know via a PM.

Craig
broca011
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby bash4cash » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:04 pm

The 'bash4cash' is being postponed until February due to a lack of interest and the difficulty in filling the teams. Please pass this message on to anyone you know that had intended on coming along next sunday.... A new date will be advertised asap!
bash4cash

Previous

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps