Para Districts Cricket Association 2011/12

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Who will make the Grade 1 Grand Final?

Angle Vale
17%
Central United
6%
Parafield Gardens
4%
One Tree Hill
4%
Rose & Crown
28%
Salisbury West
33%
Smithfield
5%
Virginia
4%

Total votes : 123

Re: Para Districts Cricket Association 2011/12

Postby bagster » Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:44 pm

Lethal Dose wrote:Will you still be involed in the A's Bags, The young lads would still need a few wise heads in the side to keep them on the level week in week out

I think its time to hand the throne over, im 45 during the season, its the right time for our club and the lads to stand up and take another step, new coach, new captain, new players, i think ill take the Bs and help get the next group ready to play A grade, i'll always do what i can to help the A grade . Looking forward to working with super and blooding new cricketers via the bs. and also the reflexes arnt what they used to be, the balls come down alot faster in the 1s. L-)
bagster
Under 16s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Central United

Postby SmithyOTH » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:21 pm

can someone tell me the date of the first game? is it the wknd after the long wknd?
SmithyOTH
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time

Postby 9 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:36 am

1st Match is on Saturday 6th of October.

Postby Suns #9 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:49 pm

9 wrote:1st Match is on Saturday 6th of October.
Better start rolling the arm over in the nets very soon then, hopefully i will bowl more than 2 overs this year. Training for most clubs prob won't start til week before first match
Suns #9
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Uraidla Districts

Postby howzat » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:43 pm

Suns #9 wrote:
Better start rolling the arm over in the nets very soon then, hopefully i will bowl more than 2 overs this year. Training for most clubs prob won't start til week before first match

We are having a hit this sunday down at rosies :D
howzat
Under 18s

Postby duck-mann » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:55 pm

Suns #9 wrote:

Para Teachers have already been out for a hit or two. Theyre also hoping to field 2 sides this season. Sounds like theyve rounded up a few more numbers for the coming season.
duck-mann
Under 16s

Postby Wizard of Oz » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:34 pm

howzat wrote:
Suns #9 wrote:

Outrageous. Thats like getting Stama to play another 2 seasons ;)
Wizard of Oz
League - Best 21

Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby whufc » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:19 pm

duck-mann wrote:
Suns #9 wrote:

Para Teachers have already been out for a hit or two. Theyre also hoping to field 2 sides this season. Sounds like theyve rounded up a few more numbers for the coming season.

Yeah a few of the Atco boys have already started to have a few Sunday sessions in the nets.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5591 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Wizard of Oz » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:33 pm

Flags aren't won in July...
Wizard of Oz
League - Best 21

Postby howzat » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:12 pm

Wizard of Oz wrote:
howzat wrote:
Suns #9 wrote:

Outrageous. Thats like getting Stama to play another 2 seasons ;)

Thats easy oz he is playing in the one day side m8 thats where us old guys play :D
howzat
Under 18s

Postby Wizard of Oz » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:19 pm

I'm planning on a couple of appearances in our one day side this year and having a hit with my old man too :lol:
Wizard of Oz
League - Best 21

Postby howzat » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:19 pm

Wizard of Oz wrote:I'm planning on a couple of appearances in our one day side this year and having a hit with my old man too :lol:

Would look forward to it oz just hope we are in the same 1 day comp again as your dads side m8....
howzat
Under 18s

Postby broca011 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:05 pm

duck-mann wrote:
Suns #9 wrote:

They have certainly been on the recruitment drive...! :shock:
broca011
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby EPFC » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:42 am

With the deepest regret I inform all members of the Para Districts Cricket Association that long time friend of many, Life Member and go to man for Eastern Park Football Club, John Ashworth has sadly passed away this morning. Rest In Peace big fella.
It's all fun and games till you get serious, sit down shut up and have a joke... Were all here for a laugh and a few to many bevvs
EPFC

Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby sports follower » Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:44 pm

EPFC wrote:With the deepest regret I inform all members of the Para Districts Cricket Association that long time friend of many, Life Member and go to man for Eastern Park Football Club, John Ashworth has sadly passed away this morning. Rest In Peace big fella.

Very sad news, condolences to Johns family and all at EP.
I am sure John will be sadly missed by all at EP and was a tireless contributor to their club and the PDCA.
sports follower
Reserves

Been liked: 2 times

Postby MadMax » Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:57 pm

Was saddened to hear of the passing of John this morning.
Anyone who is that passionate and dedicates themselves to one club, for the betterment of the members, players and the community deserves every respect.
Condolences to his family and to his club. I'm sure he leaves a great legacy!
With that... a slight deflection to the next topic!
MadMax
Under 16s

Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby whufc » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:10 pm

Words cant express the pain that people involved with Eastern Park Cricket are feeling.

In the space of one week our 'great' club has been unfortunate to lose two of its greatest cricket supporters in junior coach Ray Jones (father of Justin and Dale Jones) and life member John Ashworth.

No one expects to wake up at 8:12am on a Saturday morning to be told one of their clubs greatest contributors was involved in a car crash and passed away. Personally i have known John for 15 years and occasionally i have had seasons off, moved clubs and done everything in between. He has stayed at EP every single year and has been involved in both junior and senior cricket, dedicating every second of his time to EP.

Life is not fair it does not always take the right people. John leaves behind an unwell wife, disabled son and teenage daughter. If there was one person in life who didnt deserve to see an ending like this it was John.

Not only will EP feel the pain the Para Districts comp on a whole is worse off. He was involved in association teams at both junior and senior level and loved nothing more than being surrounded by people who just wanted to talk cricket.

Honestly i dont know what more to say................................. as i type tears are streaming down my eyes, he was not only a cricket tragic he was a person who wanted to see people achieve whether that be in cricket or at life it self.

The only way i can express what he has done for EP is if he wasnt involved me and 11 other cricketers would not have had a chance to win a premiership as EP cricket would have been long gone.

RIP JOHN ASHWORTH!!!!!!

YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN!!!!!
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5591 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby bagster » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:32 pm

The Central United Cricket Club committee, players, members and supporters would like to send our condolences to Ray and Johns Families in this very sad time, also to the Eastern Park community, our thoughts and best wishes are with you, although we are foes on a saturday, both our clubs have fantastic clubmen in them, and to lose two within a week is a tragedy,the whole local football and cricket communities will feel this loss, those 2 clubmen will also expect the club and players to 'get on with it' and do the 'mighty demons proud' . and im sure they will.
bagster
Under 16s

Has liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Central United

Postby DemonGirl » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:00 pm

Well said whufc, cricket wont be the same this year without seeing John around the place. one of the very best guys i have had the pleasure of meeting. RIP buddy, you will be missed terribly
EPFC Under 18's Back to Back Premiers 2010 & 2011
DemonGirl
Under 16s

Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:46 am

You play sports to meet people and form friendship's, usually these are formed from within the four walls of your own club, sometime's they come from other clubs.
The relationship that John and I formed over the years was as strong as any that I have, we shared club information to help benefit each other's interests and when the chips were down and we'd had enough of our roles we always turned to each other for some inspiration to keep going.
There was always passing comments that we'd unite and share our workloads and sometimes a different scenery can make a world of difference, the problem was that John bled the red and the blue and I had the utmost respect for that, the EPFCC needed John there and the PDCA needs the EPFCC as a force in it's competition, John always ensured that they kept a strong cricket club going.
The juniors that have become men have all had John's influence and their well-being was always at the top of his list of importance, it shows with the respect that he receives from these young guys now that have become quality A grade cricketers.
Words cannot express the horrible feeling I got when I received the call on Saturday after coming off from an umpiring game out in the country, I felt so alone and so gutted that someone that gives so much could be taken away from us.
John often watched Smithfield FC home matches when Eastern Park played away, I went straight to Smithfield Oval just to watch the last quarter and have a look over to the light post where I always seen the big fella, he wasn't there and it hit me.
So much to say but I guess a lot of us have, a true gentleman, a gentle giant that had infinite wisdom for the game, the hearty discussions will be sorely missed, going to Eastern Park will never be the same for me again.
My heart goes out to those who knew him best and helped him in his plight to make EPFCC the club it is.

RIP John. :(
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7926 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps