Is he out?

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Is he out?

Postby shoe boy » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:34 am

Batsmen facing a quick and continually walking up the wicket.

Ball goes through to the keeper and batsmen is about a metre out of his crease watches the keeper flick the ball to first slip then the batsmen walks down the wicket to chat with non stricker when first slip pings at the stumps.

IS HE OUT!
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Re: Is he out?

Postby chrissymac7 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:40 am

If the keeper through it at the stumps he is out but not once he has passed it to first slip, It than becomes a dead ball.
chrissymac7
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby Deep Heat » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:56 am

chrissymac is right as soon as he passes the ball to first slip it is deemed to be dead and cannot be out had a similar incident a few years back where we needed 2 runs to win the batsmen hit the ball and ran 2 runs comfortably the ball was in the keepers gloves for around 10 seconds the batsmens box had fallen out into the leg of his pants he then started to try and retrieve it and stepped out of his crease in doing so and the keeper took the bais off and appealed it was given not out as he wasnt attempting a run. Therefore the ball is deemed dead
Deep Heat
Under 16s

Postby catchit » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:05 am

mant years ago in under 12 i was batting i missed the ball next thing i no the stumps went down i was given out, then half way off was called back cause first slip threw the ball.. chrissy is right deadball..
Last edited by catchit on Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.
catchit
Assistant Coach

Postby shoe boy » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:06 am

I thought that was the case.
I was inocently reading the tab when a couple of lads asked this as a lad was given out from square leg with the info I posted.

My feedback was he attemting a run? as I was not watching at the time. :-??
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby DILLIGAF » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:04 am

cmon you should no the rules shoe boy hes not out the ball was dead and if he tried to run it doesnt count
Does It Look Like I Give A F**k
SEE YA LATER!!!
DILLIGAF
Under 16s

Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:31 pm

Many years ago Andrew Zesers was bowling at Dean Jones in a Sheffield Shield game. Jonesy was in good form and used to bat a metre out of his crease to the medium pace bowlers. David Hookes was at first slip. Zesers bowled the ball a metre outside off stump and Jones let the ball go. Hookesy move in front of the keeper, took the ball and threw down the stumps. OUT!
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 534 times

Postby catchit » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:33 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:Many years ago Andrew Zesers was bowling at Dean Jones in a Sheffield Shield game. Jonesy was in good form and used to bat a metre out of his crease to the medium pace bowlers. David Hookes was at first slip. Zesers bowled the ball a metre outside off stump and Jones let the ball go. Hookesy move in front of the keeper, took the ball and threw down the stumps. OUT!

very clever.. has that rule been changed??
I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.
catchit
Assistant Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:52 pm

How about this one:

Ball picked prodded back down wicket by batsman. Bowler picks ball up, turns to walk away and then in a fit of frustration turns and throws the ball at the batsman. Ball hits batsman's pads and deflects to fine leg. Batsman moves to make a run and then realising it's probably a dead ball (as the bowler had originally turned to walk back to his mark) walks back to the crease. Fielder throws ball in and it hits stumps with batsman out of crease. Is he out or not?
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby catchit » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:57 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:How about this one:

Ball picked prodded back down wicket by batsman. Bowler picks ball up, turns to walk away and then in a fit of frustration turns and throws the ball at the batsman. Ball hits batsman's pads and deflects to fine leg. Batsman moves to make a run and then realising it's probably a dead ball (as the bowler had originally turned to walk back to his mark) walks back to the crease. Fielder throws ball in and it hits stumps with batsman out of crease. Is he out or not?

yes cause he is a idiot for not running
catchit
Assistant Coach

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:04 pm

catchit wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:Many years ago Andrew Zesers was bowling at Dean Jones in a Sheffield Shield game. Jonesy was in good form and used to bat a metre out of his crease to the medium pace bowlers. David Hookes was at first slip. Zesers bowled the ball a metre outside off stump and Jones let the ball go. Hookesy move in front of the keeper, took the ball and threw down the stumps. OUT!

No rule hasn't changed. If keeper takes ball and hands off to slip the ball is dead - not out. If keeper or first slip take the ball and throw down the stumps the ball is still live - run out.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 534 times

Postby catchit » Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:06 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
catchit wrote:

No rule hasn't changed. If keeper takes ball and hands off to slip the ball is dead - not out. If keeper or first slip take the ball and throw down the stumps the ball is still live - run out.

learn something every day..
catchit
Assistant Coach

Postby sports follower » Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:13 pm

catchit wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
catchit wrote:

learn something every day..

Exactly the same as above post, bowled a wide and run out....

Catchit you tried a different way at non strikers end, not much difference really.
sports follower
Reserves

Been liked: 2 times

Postby catchit » Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:19 pm

except that the batsmen hit it back to me SF
catchit
Assistant Coach

Postby Ted » Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:29 pm

Here's one for ya.

Bowler well into his run up, bowles the delivery and the umpires mobile phone starts ringing.

The batsman is bowled.

Batsman claimes the ball should be called dead because he was put off by the mobile ringing

IS he out?
gizzin' on the miz since 2004
Ted

Postby interested observer » Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:31 pm

Ted wrote:Here's one for ya.

Bowler well into his run up, bowles the delivery and the umpires mobile phone starts ringing.

The batsman is bowled.

Batsman claimes the ball should be called dead because he was put off by the mobile ringing

IS he out?

Only one that should be outed is the umpire..
I would be arguing strongly that the ball is dead..
interested observer
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 1 time

Postby Mr_Willy » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:11 pm

The batsman is bowled.

IS he out?

Probably would be out, but I'd be wrapping the bat around the umpires head!! :evil:
Mr_Willy
Coach

Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby wycbloods » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:13 pm

Mr_Willy wrote:

The batsman is bowled.

IS he out?

Probably would be out, but I'd be wrapping the bat around the umpires head!! :evil:

[-X [-X
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Dr. Rev. Martin Luther King Jnr.

CoverKing said what?

Agree with AF on this one!
wycbloods
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby bloods08 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:42 pm

The batsman is bowled.

IS he out?

Thats a silly scenario. Any sane umpire would switch their phone off before going out to umpire.
Go you Redbacks!
bloods08
Assistant Coach

Been liked: 13 times

Postby catchit » Wed Nov 18, 2009 3:50 pm

bloods08 wrote:

The batsman is bowled.

IS he out?

Thats a silly scenario. Any sane umpire would switch their phone off before going out to umpire.

prob the same sort of umpires that click the ******* counter as you are about to bowl.. gives me the shits
catchit
Assistant Coach

Next

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps