Southern Cricket Association 2009-10

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Southern Cricket Association 2009-10

Postby VC » Sun May 23, 2010 9:15 am

Reader wrote:Cove wanting to move on is poor form, we all know that the SCA is struggling and no one involved is or should be happy about it. Clubs running away to other associations is an easy option out, instead of digging in and together with the other clubs and SCA committee working on bringing the SCA back from where it is now to what it was. The A grade this year was the most even the comp has been for many years. Apart from the Shoes not a lot split the rest in terms of win/loss. If Flaggies and Happy Valley were to re-enter the A grade it would be back up to 8 teams. Flaggies may struggle but so have Morphett Vale and Kangarilla in the past but that can be turned around with Kangies making the finals this year and Morphett Vale only missing out by percentage. I think Cove players and committee should think long and hard about a move and the possible impact it will have on an association that has incorporated Cove for so long and shared in such great success and memories.

Lets not let the SCA die!

cove have dominated this sailing ship for 3 years now... maybe the club needs a new challenge! it's a 6 team comp as it is which isn't enough, and the chance of 2-6 teams ever coming back to it is out of the question! A stick together pact was made, and zero has happened over this season (that i've noticed or heard about) to change anything. so time to move on i think!
VC
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby smithy » Sun May 23, 2010 12:06 pm

VC wrote:
Reader wrote:Cove wanting to move on is poor form, we all know that the SCA is struggling and no one involved is or should be happy about it. Clubs running away to other associations is an easy option out, instead of digging in and together with the other clubs and SCA committee working on bringing the SCA back from where it is now to what it was. The A grade this year was the most even the comp has been for many years. Apart from the Shoes not a lot split the rest in terms of win/loss. If Flaggies and Happy Valley were to re-enter the A grade it would be back up to 8 teams. Flaggies may struggle but so have Morphett Vale and Kangarilla in the past but that can be turned around with Kangies making the finals this year and Morphett Vale only missing out by percentage. I think Cove players and committee should think long and hard about a move and the possible impact it will have on an association that has incorporated Cove for so long and shared in such great success and memories.

cove have dominated this sailing ship for 3 years now... maybe the club needs a new challenge! it's a 6 team comp as it is which isn't enough, and the chance of 2-6 teams ever coming back to it is out of the question! A stick together pact was made, and zero has happened over this season (that i've noticed or heard about) to change anything. so time to move on i think!

Whilst disappointing that Cove have decided to move on, do you think the club have communicated to the SCA as well as what they could.
smithy

Postby krustymirkin » Sun May 23, 2010 1:14 pm

smithy wrote:
VC wrote:

Whilst disappointing that Cove have decided to move on, do you think the club have communicated to the SCA as well as what they could.

NO
krustymirkin
Rookie

Postby Turbo » Sun May 23, 2010 1:42 pm

krustymirkin wrote:
smithy wrote:
VC wrote:

NO

Have Cove decided to move on???
Turbo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 38 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby smithy » Sun May 23, 2010 2:36 pm

Turbo, If accepted into Section 1 of the A&SCA then Cove will move on.
That's what we're getting told, that's what some players on here are saying too.
No one from Cove has denied it either have they ?

Communication seems to be a bit of an issue down there.
smithy

Postby Minotaur » Mon May 24, 2010 10:11 am

smithy wrote:Turbo, If accepted into Section 1 of the A&SCA then Cove will move on.
That's what we're getting told, that's what some players on here are saying too.
No one from Cove has denied it either have they ?

Communication seems to be a bit of an issue down there.

so if they dont get Sect 1 then they will stay in SCA? or this will then become a discussion point within the club?
Minotaur

Postby Deep Heat » Mon May 24, 2010 12:21 pm

From what i have been told Cove have been accepted into section 1 and are now just finalising it as a club. If cove keeps the same side as they had last year they will be a top side in section 1. The SCA may of only had 7 teams in it but the standard of cricket was as high as section 1 ASCA .
Deep Heat
Under 16s

Postby Buttscratcher » Tue May 25, 2010 9:20 am

How did the meeting go last night Smithy?
Captain Cabinets, Trapped in Cabinets, Can he get out, will he get out, 'Cause he will.. Captain Cabinets, Trapped in Cabinets
Buttscratcher
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Roxby Districts

Postby shoe boy » Tue May 25, 2010 10:25 am

Buttscratcher wrote:How did the meeting go last night Smithy?

A very good meeting last night with one notable absentee Cove!(they sorry he is away untill Sunday)

All clubs represented as well as SACA and past players of the SCA who all commited to the SCA and future of cricket in the South.
There will be a meeting called soon as to have Cove disscuss their future direction.

Some points 1)Flaggies will play A grade and a working hard as a club 2)H/Valley to be eased back into SCA3)Junior cricket to change age group 13/15/17.

To Turbo who made comments in the past about not having facilities for family at the A grade grand final and shelter or something like that WELL TURBO if you do go to ASCA I believe you will treck every second week with esky in hand looking for a bush for shelter and a tree to pee behind on council ovals with little or no facilities and NO HISTORY!!!
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue May 25, 2010 10:29 am

shoe boy wrote:

A very good meeting last night with one notable absentee Cove!(they sorry he is away untill Sunday)

All clubs represented as well as SACA and past players of the SCA who all commited to the SCA and future of cricket in the South.
There will be a meeting called soon as to have Cove disscuss their future direction.

Some points 1)Flaggies will play A grade and a working hard as a club 2)H/Valley to be eased back into SCA3)Junior cricket to change age group 13/15/17.

To Turbo who made comments in the past about not having facilities for family at the A grade grand final and shelter or something like that WELL TURBO if you do go to ASCA I believe you will treck every second week with esky in hand looking for a bush for shelter and a tree to pee behind on council ovals with little or no facilities and NO HISTORY!!!

:lol: clown
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3026 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby CoverKing » Tue May 25, 2010 11:59 am

woodublieve12 wrote:
shoe boy wrote:

At least the ASCA will continue to build on our history! not much longer and there wont be a SCA.

Plus, only Keswick and WOS that dont provide the facilities!
I Want to be a Western Youth Ranger!
CoverKing
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Postby Jabber » Tue May 25, 2010 12:30 pm

In a year or so the SCA will be nothing BUT history champ!

We at Plympton have excellent facilities i would have thought.

And plenty of history.

CoverKing wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:
shoe boy wrote:

At least the ASCA will continue to build on our history! not much longer and there wont be a SCA.

Plus, only Keswick and WOS that dont provide the facilities!
Jabber
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Plympton

Postby CoverKing » Tue May 25, 2010 12:35 pm

Jabber wrote:In a year or so the SCA will be nothing BUT history champ!

And plenty of history.

Except for the shiat oval ;) :lol:
CoverKing
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue May 25, 2010 12:37 pm

CoverKing wrote:
Jabber wrote:In a year or so the SCA will be nothing BUT history champ!

And plenty of history.

Except for the shiat oval ;) :lol:

rather play at our ground then your postage stamp!!! :lol:
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3026 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby Booney » Tue May 25, 2010 12:39 pm

*Time for this subject to get back to a respectable level of conversation*

Comments edited by mods.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10781 times

Postby smithy » Tue May 25, 2010 3:13 pm

shoe boy wrote:

So Paul Kinnear is the only Cove person capable of attending a meeting??? that's poor Cove.
Do they not have a committee to send another person????? you'd like to think they have a committee since they're deciding to leave a competition.
Good news on the flaggies/valleys front, they have a growing area and their juniors have done well recently.
SHOEBOY - I hear where you are coming from with the facilities at some grounds with A&SC teams but thaat doesn't really apply to the clubs in section 1.
Some of them have excellent clubrooms (Plympton, North Haven come to mind immediately), obviously there C,D etc grade teams must play at primary school, but so do ours..
Many of the teams have very long historys too, many don't.
Those that don't are obviously new clubs that have been formed and joined the A&SCA, something we wish would happen to the SCA.
smithy

Postby Jabber » Tue May 25, 2010 4:11 pm

Exactly, you're ripping into the ASCA clubs without history, but you need some of these clubs in your league. ICC and Sheidow while not having the history of some others are two of the strongest clubs, numbers wise, in the whole comp.

The only clubs in section 1 without facilities are Westminster, and they would probably be making way for Cove anyway, Coromandel Ramblers (but they have the worlds greatest shop across the road!), and Sheidow...

The rest have suitable to great facilities.

smithy wrote:
shoe boy wrote:

So Paul Kinnear is the only Cove person capable of attending a meeting??? that's poor Cove.
Do they not have a committee to send another person????? you'd like to think they have a committee since they're deciding to leave a competition.
Good news on the flaggies/valleys front, they have a growing area and their juniors have done well recently.
SHOEBOY - I hear where you are coming from with the facilities at some grounds with A&SC teams but thaat doesn't really apply to the clubs in section 1.
Some of them have excellent clubrooms (Plympton, North Haven come to mind immediately), obviously there C,D etc grade teams must play at primary school, but so do ours..
Many of the teams have very long historys too, many don't.
Those that don't are obviously new clubs that have been formed and joined the A&SCA, something we wish would happen to the SCA.
Jabber
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Plympton

Postby smithy » Tue May 25, 2010 4:26 pm

Glenelg ANA still playing out of Plympton High are they ?
smithy

Postby CoverKing » Tue May 25, 2010 4:41 pm

Ana have toilet facilities, something that was suggested we don't... More then keswick supplied in round 11 against us last year!!!
CoverKing
Coach

Postby Turbo » Tue May 25, 2010 7:09 pm

shoe boy wrote:

I reckon a few on this forum said the same things about the Porties GF option so don't just aim that at me. Also in response to the facilities issue read below. The facilities seem pretty good by all accounts
Turbo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 38 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps