Southern Cricket Association 2009-10

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Southern Cricket Association 2009-10

Postby smac » Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:37 am

Here we go...
smac
Coach

Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Re: Southern Cricket Association 2009-10

Postby risetothetop » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:20 pm

2 months till the season starts and boy am i looking forward to it.
Any news on players coming and going? I kno junior is heading out to southern, Allard is off to reynella and i heard that noarlunga might see the return of moose!
risetothetop
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby Deep Heat » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:36 am

I have heard that Mcivor has gotten a new job as a shemale stripper and may be late to games and forced to play in his pink wig
Deep Heat
Under 16s

Postby smithy » Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:31 pm

Anything interesting from the AGM midweek ?
smithy

Postby top gun » Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:03 pm

Deep Heat wrote:I have heard that Mcivor has gotten a new job as a shemale stripper and may be late to games and forced to play in his pink wig
Yes this is true went to a buck show last week he was working there one ugly looking woman
top gun
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby shoe boy » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:43 am

Could anyone post the start of the season?

Also I heard that the SCA was going to change the junior age groups from under 14 and 16 to 15 and 17 so this makes the transition to senior cricket easier for the kids. I have heard a wisper that they now may keep the age groups as is? In my opinion not a good move!

We have under 13 on Wed night then the kids could get 2 years to under 15 and 2 to under 17 I have coached kids over the years and for some the transition to senior cricket is not so difficult but the majority from 16 to senior is to great a challenge.

We are loosing kids for many reasons and lets be honest we the SCA have been in trouble for many reasons and CHANGE is needed!!!
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby wycbloods » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:59 am

I have heard lots of Cove players have been contacting Morphy Pks and Sheidow Pk about joining them for this upcoming season. Have Cove nominated their own side for the SCA this year, because by the sounds of things there won't be many A graders left at Cove if the players make the move.
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Dr. Rev. Martin Luther King Jnr.

CoverKing said what?

Agree with AF on this one!
wycbloods
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby Mike Lowery » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:59 am

wycbloods wrote:I have heard lots of Cove players have been contacting Morphy Pks and Sheidow Pk about joining them for this upcoming season. Have Cove nominated their own side for the SCA this year, because by the sounds of things there won't be many A graders left at Cove if the players make the move.

From what i know they are gunning for 3 in a row. :)
Mike Lowery
Mini-League

Postby risetothetop » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:06 pm

SRCC getting their shelter up very shotly. Im led to believe its getting delivered in 2 weeks.
risetothetop
Rookie

Postby Farva » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:03 pm

is frushy getting the van put on blocks. Would be nice if he could get an annex for it.
Farva
Rookie

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders University

Postby smithy » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:16 pm

shoe boy wrote:Also I heard that the SCA was going to change the junior age groups from under 14 and 16 to 15 and 17 so this makes the transition to senior cricket easier for the kids. I have heard a wisper that they now may keep the age groups as is? In my opinion not a good move!

We have under 13 on Wed night then the kids could get 2 years to under 15 and 2 to under 17 I have coached kids over the years and for some the transition to senior cricket is not so difficult but the majority from 16 to senior is to great a challenge.

We are loosing kids for many reasons and lets be honest we the SCA have been in trouble for many reasons and CHANGE is needed!!!

I proposed this 8 years ago shoeboy and no-one was really interested.
I still think it should be 13's, 15's and 17's for some of the reasons you mentioned above.
Ask Cove how many 16 year olds they've lost to Sheidow Park and Morphy lads how many they've lost to ICC Sharks because they want another season of colts in the 17's.

How many of them will return???????? Probably not many and they're more than likely lost to their original club for good.
smithy

Postby Deep Heat » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:05 am

im my opinion it should be kept under 14s and 16s lets be honest there is not a huge difference between under 16s and D grdade cricket the key is to keep it enjoyable for the kids when they do step up to senior cricket eg dont bat them 11 and field them boundary to boundary cos they are young give them a go its the best way to develop a cricketer build there cofidence by believing in them too many older players in the lower grades get threatened by young players coming up thats what turns kids away from the game washed up hasbeens who dont give kids a go remember players as young as 16 have played test cricket .
Deep Heat
Under 16s

Postby top gun » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:19 am

Deep Heat wrote:im my opinion it should be kept under 14s and 16s lets be honest there is not a huge difference between under 16s and D grdade cricket the key is to keep it enjoyable for the kids when they do step up to senior cricket eg dont bat them 11 and field them boundary to boundary cos they are young give them a go its the best way to develop a cricketer build there cofidence by believing in them too many older players in the lower grades get threatened by young players coming up thats what turns kids away from the game washed up hasbeens who dont give kids a go remember players as young as 16 have played test cricket .
I think we baby the kids to much already put them in the deep end and you find out about them if you up the junior cricket ages the kids that can play get to bullies for another year i dont think they progress in there cricket.
top gun
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby BMAC » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:48 am

Has anyone heard much about this new club "South Coaster" that is supposed to be joining the Adelaide and Suburban association this season. Has anyone been approached is is playing there this season. I have heard that Chris Spher to Captain the new Sth Coasters former Morphy Park Keeper/Bat? I have also heard that Chris Wray was coaching the sth coasters? Who is he and who did he used to play for?
Good luck to them if they do play in the ASCA this season.
BMAC

Grassroots Team: Woodville South

Postby risetothetop » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:24 pm

been informed that most clubs are keen on having the juniors play on a friday night!
what are peoples thoughts on this?
risetothetop
Rookie

Postby smithy » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:00 pm

BMAC wrote:Has anyone heard much about this new club "South Coaster" that is supposed to be joining the Adelaide and Suburban association this season. Has anyone been approached is is playing there this season. I have heard that Chris Spher to Captain the new Sth Coasters former Morphy Park Keeper/Bat? I have also heard that Chris Wray was coaching the sth coasters? Who is he and who did he used to play for?
Good luck to them if they do play in the ASCA this season.

Don't know mate.
Maybe ask in the A&SCA Forum ;)
smithy

Postby couldabeen » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:47 pm

risetothetop wrote:been informed that most clubs are keen on having the juniors play on a friday night!
what are peoples thoughts on this?

Might be tough to get coaches. Am guessing the games would have to start no later than say 5, finish 7.45/8 at latest. Makes it hard for a coach to knock off work and get to wherever by 5.

That said, would at least get to sleep in saturday mornings before playing, avoiding near 12 hour cricket days
couldabeen
Mini-League

Postby adelaide bank » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:02 pm

HA HA HA What a joke chris spehr will not leave morphetville park ever and as for chris the phantom ray coaching no chance he is very happy watching morphies and drinking a shit load of piss at the avoca on saturdays with an injured past player
adelaide bank
Rookie

Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby VC » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:29 pm

adelaide bank wrote:HA HA HA What a joke chris spehr will not leave morphetville park ever and as for chris the phantom ray coaching no chance he is very happy watching morphies and drinking a s***t load of piss at the avoca on saturdays with an injured past player

i heard this injured player is suiting up again, but for some reason playing c grade? could u shed some light on this AB?
VC
Under 16s

Postby adelaide bank » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:00 pm

i havent heard that VC LAST I HEARD HE WAS TRAINING DRIVERS FOR HIS WORK THAT ARENT UP TO SCRATCH
adelaide bank
Rookie

Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Next

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps