2008/9 SACA Premiers

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Who will bag the SACA Flag

Poll ended at Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:37 pm

Kensington
16%
Northern Districts
44%
Sturt
No votes
Woodville
32%
University
4%
Adelaide
4%

Total votes : 25

2008/9 SACA Premiers

Postby Bag The Points » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:37 pm

Who is going to reign supreme at the the end of March ? I'm assuming those 20 points or more outside the Four are too far back to make it, including my beloved Stingrays :((
My personal pick is Kensington. Their form over the second half of the season has been sensational.
Bag The Points
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Re: 2008/9 SACA Premiers

Postby the javelin » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:26 pm

Bag The Points wrote:Who is going to reign supreme at the the end of March ? I'm assuming those 20 points or more outside the Four are too far back to make it, including my beloved Stingrays :((
My personal pick is Kensington. Their form over the second half of the season has been sensational.

i think woodville showed last year if ya make the finals your a massive chance, just depends on the day if things go ur way or not. peckers will be strong again but i think kensington with their state players klinger cleary obrien and if browny fires then they will be a big show. northerns are in the same vote though with manou cossie in great form, should be some some good hard cricket played, look forward to it.
the javelin
Mini-League

Postby Bulldogga55 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:44 pm

Dont care who wins it as long as its not the gay seahorses!!!
Bulldogga55
Rookie

Postby the star » Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:37 pm

the javelin wrote:
Bag The Points wrote:Who is going to reign supreme at the the end of March ? I'm assuming those 20 points or more outside the Four are too far back to make it, including my beloved Stingrays :((

i think woodville showed last year if ya make the finals your a massive chance, just depends on the day if things go ur way or not. peckers will be strong again but i think kensington with their state players klinger cleary obrien and if browny fires then they will be a big show. northerns are in the same vote though with manou cossie in great form, should be some some good hard cricket played, look forward to it.

the jets have hardly had manou all year with saca continually resting him, (when available) so will be a most welcome selection next week for them, cosgrove has led from the front since xmas and has dominated bowling attacks the way he should do, the jets line up has been solid throughout no real standout batters, every player has stepped up when it has been their turn, and the bowling has been strong as well with pascoe leading the way although his wickets coloumn does not suggest that of some of his team mates.
the star
Under 16s

Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Tasman

Postby Bag & Sledge » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:40 am

the star wrote:
the javelin wrote:

the jets have hardly had manou all year with saca continually resting him, (when available) so will be a most welcome selection next week for them, cosgrove has led from the front since xmas and has dominated bowling attacks the way he should do, the jets line up has been solid throughout no real standout batters, every player has stepped up when it has been their turn, and the bowling has been strong as well with pascoe leading the way although his wickets coloumn does not suggest that of some of his team mates.

Definately Northern Districts, Players like- Andrew Frick who is just starting to warm up again at the business end of the season with both bat and ball... Cosgrove winning games at state level and smashing bowlers around... And Manou has had arguably the best season with the bat yet at state level and has hardly played a game for the Jets... Handy players to be in form going into finals and dont forget the calibre and experience of coaching in Thompson and Morrison... Jets to definately make the big dance for me...
Bag & Sledge
Under 18s

Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 31 times

Postby heater31 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:48 pm

Frick would have to be one of the best chances to take home the Bradman Medal this year. Sayers to finish second again =)) ;)
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Bulldogs007 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:53 pm

heater31 wrote:Frick would have to be one of the best chances to take home the Bradman Medal this year. Sayers to finish second again =)) ;)

Tom Plant for Bradman Medal, Best cricketer and best bloke ever.
Bulldogs007
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Plympton

Postby interested observer » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:56 pm

Bulldogs007 wrote:
heater31 wrote:Frick would have to be one of the best chances to take home the Bradman Medal this year. Sayers to finish second again =)) ;)

Tom Plant for Bradman Medal, Best cricketer and best bloke ever.

What about Weeksy ??
Would be fitting.. Lost his father over the weekend sadly....
interested observer
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 1 time

Postby Bag The Points » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:21 pm

Would love to see Weeksy win it this year. A fantastic bloke.
Bag The Points
League Bench Warmer

Postby Iron Fist » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:44 am

weeksy to win the bradman!
a very deserving player!

has been consistinatly good over the last few seasons!!

condolences go to Matt and his family after the loss of his father!
get on board the thunder train!!!
Iron Fist
Veteran

Has liked: 77 times
Grassroots Team: Portland

Postby the javelin » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:31 pm

Bag The Points wrote:Would love to see Weeksy win it this year. A fantastic bloke.

i agree it would be brilliant to see weeksy win the bradman, has had a great year and will poll very well. i think he might have missed a couple of games injured in the back half of the season which might hurt him in the end. chadd sayers to come second again, fricky to be amongst the leaders also, going to be a good count.
the javelin
Mini-League

Postby Iron Fist » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:33 am

the javelin wrote:
Bag The Points wrote:Would love to see Weeksy win it this year. A fantastic bloke.

i agree it would be brilliant to see weeksy win the bradman, has had a great year and will poll very well. i think he might have missed a couple of games injured in the back half of the season which might hurt him in the end. chadd sayers to come second again, fricky to be amongst the leaders also, going to be a good count.

that is what will make Matt lose it, he missed a few with injury and also a game or 2 when he was playing state!
Iron Fist
Veteran

Postby the javelin » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:46 am

my top 5 for the bradman medal,

frick - northerns
brown- kensington
sayers- woodville
weekes- port adelaide
j borgas- sturt

what is everyones thoughts of their top 5,?
will there be any surprises?
the javelin
Mini-League

Postby Iron Fist » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:12 am

the javelin wrote:my top 5 for the bradman medal,

frick - northerns
brown- kensington
sayers- woodville
weekes- port adelaide
j borgas- sturt

what is everyones thoughts of their top 5,?
will there be any surprises?

That sounds about right
i havent seen much cricket this year
but a dark horse,he wont win but might get a few votes!
Adam dilley from Port??
Iron Fist
Veteran

Postby Stumps » Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:39 pm

Rick Francis may sneak into the top 5
Stumps....
Stumps
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 45 times

Postby soup_nazi » Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:01 pm

jake brown has it wrapped up
NO SOUP FOR YOU!!
soup_nazi
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby youdogz » Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:23 pm

my opinion is its going to be a good count but:
-frick and brown will go head to head
and an outsider S Roberts from southern districts
youdogz
Mini-League

Postby smac » Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:09 pm

Jets posted 265 yesterday, Cosgrove 73, Francis 57, Borgas 50 and Hunter 43 the notable scorers, Thomson 5 and Bailey 2 wickets for Sturt.
smac
Coach

Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby wycbloods » Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:18 pm

The game between Woodville and Kensington looked like it would have been an interesting one to watch with both teams being bowled out for under 100. With Woodville taking first innings honours after successfully defending 80 :shock: . Panelli took 7/16 in Woodvilles first dig and then they were bundled out for 71 in reply with Chadd Sayers 4/24 and Kane Richardson 3/24 the main wicket takers. Woodville are 1/36 in there second innings. Looks like it will be an interesting finish to this one.
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Dr. Rev. Martin Luther King Jnr.

CoverKing said what?

Agree with AF on this one!
wycbloods
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby smac » Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:04 pm

The rain may have killed that game, to Woodville's advantage - a first innings win will be enough to see them in the GF to defend their title.

If the rain has killed the Jets game, there is a reserve day in place for tomorrow from what I understand. Could be 22 unhappy employers if that is the case!
smac
Coach

Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Next

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps