Southern Cricket Association 2009-10

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Southern Cricket Association 2009-10

Postby VC » Tue May 25, 2010 10:31 pm

shoe boy wrote:
Buttscratcher wrote:How did the meeting go last night Smithy?

A very good meeting last night with one notable absentee Cove!(they sorry he is away untill Sunday)

All clubs represented as well as SACA and past players of the SCA who all commited to the SCA and future of cricket in the South.
There will be a meeting called soon as to have Cove disscuss their future direction.

Some points 1)Flaggies will play A grade and a working hard as a club 2)H/Valley to be eased back into SCA3)Junior cricket to change age group 13/15/17.

To Turbo who made comments in the past about not having facilities for family at the A grade grand final and shelter or something like that WELL TURBO if you do go to ASCA I believe you will treck every second week with esky in hand looking for a bush for shelter and a tree to pee behind on council ovals with little or no facilities and NO HISTORY!!!

for once in your life! try not to make a stupid comment which u know nothing about!!
VC
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Dutchy » Tue May 25, 2010 11:49 pm

Please refrain from the personal abuse

On the subject, I have no idea what Valleys will do but they got smashed in the Hills this year, A grade didnt win a game (lost 2 outright) and minor grades didnt make finals. Probably be the easy option to go back to SCA but would they want to in its current state? From what I see they seem to enjoy playing the the Hills.

On a personal note Im pretty concerned, while my lad is a couple of years from playing juniors we live in Flaggy so the obvious place for him to play will be in the SCA, footy here is great, seems strange cricket cant do the same (this is from an outsider looking in)
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2333 times
Been liked: 3562 times

Postby shoe boy » Wed May 26, 2010 8:32 am

VC wrote:
shoe boy wrote:

A very good meeting last night with one notable absentee Cove!(they sorry he is away untill Sunday)

All clubs represented as well as SACA and past players of the SCA who all commited to the SCA and future of cricket in the South.
There will be a meeting called soon as to have Cove disscuss their future direction.

Some points 1)Flaggies will play A grade and a working hard as a club 2)H/Valley to be eased back into SCA3)Junior cricket to change age group 13/15/17.

To Turbo who made comments in the past about not having facilities for family at the A grade grand final and shelter or something like that WELL TURBO if you do go to ASCA I believe you will treck every second week with esky in hand looking for a bush for shelter and a tree to pee behind on council ovals with little or no facilities and NO HISTORY!!!

for once in your life! try not to make a stupid comment which u know nothing about!!

VC all comments are spot on as I attended the meeting!
Or are you refering to my comments to Turbo? and have hit a nerve!! How long will you hang around for? how much work do you put into the club and its future?
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby Jabber » Wed May 26, 2010 9:10 am

When making your comments on here are you commenting as a representative of your club or are you comenting on behalf of yourself? I think you may need to specify as some of your comments on here and on ASCA thread have been quite defamatory to cove.

The only reason i ask is because you have just said that you act as a rep for your club at meetings, and have published on here some of the goings on in those meetings.

shoe boy wrote:
VC wrote:
shoe boy wrote:

VC all comments are spot on as I attended the meeting!
Or are you refering to my comments to Turbo? and have hit a nerve!! How long will you hang around for? how much work do you put into the club and its future?
Jabber
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Plympton

Postby shoe boy » Wed May 26, 2010 9:24 am

And your prob with that JABBER????
My comments are my comments!!!!!and I dont detract any of them.
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Postby Jabber » Wed May 26, 2010 9:35 am

shoe boy wrote:And your prob with that JABBER????

Are you an adult?
Jabber
League Bench Warmer

Postby shoe boy » Wed May 26, 2010 10:17 am

Jabber wrote:

Are you an adult?

What is your problem.
This forum is for debate and discussion and I feel I add to that with feedback on topics that arise from time to time.

So if you dont like my comments dont read them and waste your time :D
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Postby Jabber » Wed May 26, 2010 11:22 am

shoe boy wrote:
Jabber wrote:

Are you an adult?

What is your problem.
This forum is for debate and discussion and I feel I add to that with feedback on topics that arise from time to time.

So if you dont like my comments dont read them and waste your time :D

Was just a simple question... And i got the answer i expected.
Jabber
League Bench Warmer

Postby Turbo » Wed May 26, 2010 11:35 am

I reckon leave it at this. Cove have won the last 3 flags in the SCA despite being given no chance in the last 1. (I'm still after one of those premiership Shoes shirts).
The clubs greatest rival is in Suburban and that is Sheidow Park. Its a numbers game and it was time to take them head on. We have the expectation that over the next 2 years that numbers will come back to Cove.

Its a new era and a new challenge, everyone is on board and excited. That is all.
Turbo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 38 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby smithy » Wed May 26, 2010 1:26 pm

Can anyone from Cove inform on how the club came to the decision to leave the SCA?
Was it made at committee level, AGM, presso night or other.
smithy

Postby Bag The Points » Wed May 26, 2010 1:59 pm

Forget Cove --- they're past history. Sure up the Valley now, and go seek some more.
Bag The Points
League Bench Warmer

Postby shoe boy » Wed May 26, 2010 2:05 pm

Turbo wrote:I reckon leave it at this. Cove have won the last 3 flags in the SCA despite being given no chance in the last 1. (I'm still after one of those premiership Shoes shirts).
The clubs greatest rival is in Suburban and that is Sheidow Park. Its a numbers game and it was time to take them head on. We have the expectation that over the next 2 years that numbers will come back to Cove.

Its a new era and a new challenge, everyone is on board and excited. That is all.

Well someone should inform the skipper???
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Postby smithy » Wed May 26, 2010 2:19 pm

shoe boy wrote:
Well someone should inform the skipper???

Thats why I asked the question as to how the club came to make this decision.
I know of a regular A Grade player who has no idea about the move.
No committee member turning up for the meeting on Monday.
PK isn't the only one allowed to attend meetings surely.

Did a few lads just have a bbq and some beers and decide to move on ?

I would've thought a decision like this would involve everyone at the club, more likely at an AGM.
smithy

Postby smithy » Wed May 26, 2010 2:55 pm

Bag The Points wrote:Forget Cove --- they're past history. Sure up the Valley now, and go seek some more.

Valleys are not keen BTP.
smithy

Postby The Hound » Wed May 26, 2010 3:20 pm

Bag The Points wrote:Forget Cove --- they're past history. Sure up the Valley now, and go seek some more.

Think you will find BTP that the Valley are not keen on coming back to SCA.

I am with you Smithy surely it is not a one person committee and they should of had a rep at the meeting because technically they are still part of SCA, will they receive a fine for not turning up??

I guess it comes down to whats in the clubs constitution, maybe they don't have one so a descision can be made over a bbq and a beer, isn't it funny they struggled for a few years, struggle to fill lower grades, win a couple of flags on the trot and want to leave.
The Hound
Reserves

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby BAZZA13 » Wed May 26, 2010 5:19 pm

Turbo wrote:I reckon leave it at this. Cove have won the last 3 flags in the SCA despite being given no chance in the last 1. (I'm still after one of those premiership Shoes shirts).

It's a bit hard to own something that never existed...
BAZZA13
Rookie

Postby VC » Wed May 26, 2010 10:04 pm

my comments are directed at you knowing nothing about the grounds in the adelaide suburban league! there are several grounds more than up to the standard of a grade cricket. and the ones that might not have the facilities, at least there surface, and pitch is up to scratch! unlike majority of grounds in the sca! your oval is a joke to play on! pitch and surface! kangies is the same, no comment on seaford! except to say they have good facilities! morphett vale, another amazing surface to play on! at least the few patches of grass are nice ones! and porties, yea great facilities! 200m away from the oval!! ive played on all A grade grounds on both comps, and ASCA grounds are a million times better! no doubt what so ever! considering you would even struggle to move from the comfort of your seat at shoeland, i doubt very much you know anything about the grounds in the asca!
they're wat my comments we're directed at!
VC
Under 16s

Postby Turbo » Wed May 26, 2010 10:12 pm

=D> Well said.

Can we move on now
Turbo
League - Top 5

Postby Turbo » Wed May 26, 2010 10:13 pm

BAZZA13 wrote:

It's a bit hard to own something that never existed...

Well I guess I won't be getting one then ;)
Turbo
League - Top 5

Postby top gun » Thu May 27, 2010 11:42 am

Im not sure but have the cove signed anything yet,as far as the skipper not knowing you believe that you would believe anything.
top gun
Rookie

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps