Grade Cricket

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby Eagles2014 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:01 pm

C Horse wrote:Geez one win and a half decent day and there's a bit of head wobble about the Buffs is there?

They may be under the pump this week though!

Word is with the Redbacks and Future League playing, SACA not letting Valente bowl this weekend for Adelaide, maybe also Lawford and Neate.

Will be tough to bowl out East Torrens if that's the case!
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 528 times

Postby heater31 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:06 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:
C Horse wrote:Geez one win and a half decent day and there's a bit of head wobble about the Buffs is there?

They may be under the pump this week though!

Word is with the Redbacks and Future League playing, SACA not letting Valente bowl this weekend for Adelaide, maybe also Lawford and Neate.

Will be tough to bowl out East Torrens if that's the case!

Reckon Valente is in with a shot of the final XI for Sunday v the Vics, so if he's in the squad again won't be playing. Normally the Futures guys play as normal on the Saturday then rest Sunday into a 4 day game on the Monday. Then again this could all go out the window if the meteorologist's get it right
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1265 times

Postby Tony Clifton » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:49 pm

Which grade player missed last game due to an injury suffered during a game of beer pong? :oops:

Tips:
TTG to get the points over the Jets
East Torrens too strong at Uni
Adelaide to continue their barnstorming start to the season against arch rivals Sturt
Port over Prospect
Woodville over West Torrens
Kensington over Southerns

Plenty of rain today, would have juiced a few wickets up nicely unless the curators had them already prepared and sealed tight.
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby heater31 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:58 pm

Tony Clifton wrote:Which grade player missed last game due to an injury suffered during a game of beer pong? :oops:

Hint - has made 2 hundreds already this season without being dismissed [emoji6]
heater31

Postby Arch44 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:00 am

heater31 wrote:
Tony Clifton wrote:Which grade player missed last game due to an injury suffered during a game of beer pong? :oops:

Hint - has made 2 hundreds already this season without being dismissed [emoji6]

Ian Cockbain. Possibly a pom?
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 275 times

Postby Bluedemon » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:52 am

not looking good for any play at the moment for today. would they make the call to play only as one day games tomorrow or see how it goes today?
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 97 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby heater31 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:01 am

Bluedemon wrote:not looking good for any play at the moment for today. would they make the call to play only as one day games tomorrow or see how it goes today?

All A grade games should be fine provided it stops raining. Wickets are covered and should have been since Wednesday. I wonder if SACA will get the ground staff that they now pay out there today to provide assistance and advice on getting going today??
heater31

Postby Aerie » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:14 pm

I think the only games to get any play were bice and henley. Also means all games under two day rules tomorrow. You'd want to bowl first, otherwise good luck getting a result.
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 509 times

Postby mickey » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:23 pm

Prospect got away too
mickey
Coach

Has liked: 139 times
Been liked: 314 times
Grassroots Team: Seaton Ramblers

Postby Tony Clifton » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:44 am

Couple of draws but most games got a result. Was looking bleak around 11am Saturday. Apocalypse was upon us!

Clear weather this week and I see there are a few country games. Port Pirie, Langhorn Creek and Port Lincoln. Port vs Adelaide in Lincoln. Assume they are flying over Friday? I hope no one is queasy about flying in small planes.
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Postby heater31 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:05 am

Tony Clifton wrote:Couple of draws but most games got a result. Was looking bleak around 11am Saturday. Apocalypse was upon us!

Clear weather this week and I see there are a few country games. Port Pirie, Langhorn Creek and Port Lincoln. Port vs Adelaide in Lincoln. Assume they are flying over Friday? I hope no one is queasy about flying in small planes.

Flying over Saturday morning. SACA have booked 32 seats on Qantas. Plane holds 50 I think....
heater31

Postby the star » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:25 am

heater31 wrote:
Tony Clifton wrote:Couple of draws but most games got a result. Was looking bleak around 11am Saturday. Apocalypse was upon us!

Flying over Saturday morning. SACA have booked 32 seats on Qantas. Plane holds 50 I think....

Holds closer to 75 the plane, nothing to get queasy about you are up and down before you have time to eat the complimentary muffin and tictacs!
the star
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Tasman

Postby heater31 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:37 am

the star wrote:
heater31 wrote:

Holds closer to 75 the plane, nothing to get queasy about you are up and down before you have time to eat the complimentary muffin and tictacs!

Do they still serve beer on the afternoon flights? Remember still having half a can left when the hostess started cleaning up as the pilots advised landing procedure!
heater31

Postby Footy Smart » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:31 am

Whats everyone's thoughts on non compulsary declerations when the match is shorted like what happened on the weekend? I know we scrapped through for a draw after being outplayed by ND but do you think that the overs should just be split so a result occurs?
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby heater31 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:03 am

Footy Smart wrote:Whats everyone's thoughts on non compulsary declerations when the match is shorted like what happened on the weekend? I know we scrapped through for a draw after being outplayed by ND but do you think that the overs should just be split so a result occurs?

That only occurred because some games got underway on day 1. If all games has no play then I think it becomes a limited overs match.

Frustrating weekend thumbing through the by laws book interpreting the rules. Just on my game on Saturday had the umpires wanting to wait an hour with the pitch underwater! Still was delayed 2 hours on the Sunday and even then it was dodgy and the game decided at the toss.
heater31

Postby Tony Clifton » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:27 pm

A few games got away on the weekend on fairly dodgy pitches. I wonder if there will be a different attitude in these circumstances in the aftermath of Phil Hughes' injury? Whether 'the game must go on' attitude will be tempered with an increased focus on player safety?
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Postby the star » Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:47 am

heater31 wrote:
the star wrote:
heater31 wrote:

Do they still serve beer on the afternoon flights? Remember still having half a can left when the hostess started cleaning up as the pilots advised landing procedure!

No not supplied alcohol for nearly two years now, but your correct, I have flown previously and landed with a full can.
the star
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Tasman

Postby Footy Smart » Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:13 am

Round has been abandoned and will rescheduled.
Footy Smart
Coach

Postby heater31 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:16 am

Footy Smart wrote:Round has been abandoned and will rescheduled.

All grades?
heater31

Postby Footy Smart » Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:19 am

heater31 wrote:
Footy Smart wrote:Round has been abandoned and will rescheduled.

All grades?

Not sure, I know the A/B grade games definitely
Footy Smart
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps