Barossa & Light Cricket 2014/15.

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Barossa & Light Cricket 2014/15.

Postby Useless » Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:41 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
bennymacca wrote:Looks like the only game in the association to play too

Yep covering the hard wicket helped obviously

I dont think the covering of the pitch helped to much it was the hours on the leaf blower that made it playable.

It was pretty damp with some slipping. was far from 100% But credit it to them for getting it up.

although didn't help them in the end.
Useless

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 8 times

Postby scud » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:18 am

KOCHALLER wrote:So, I need to know are we the Barossa and light cricket comp or the Simon Koch & Angaston Cricket comp? another by law brought in by the so called EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE to appease SIMON bloody KOCH. So Lyndoch played an A1 Reserves player in the 4s, Im sure if it was against any other club than ANGASTON nothing would have been said.
Now clubs will be forfeiting games in the 4s because they cant fill a team even though they have players available through a bye in a higher grade.
GROW A SET WILL YOU.

Geez i havent been on for a month and come back and theres another KEYBOARD WARRIOR on here.... You are a Tool, and by the looks have had a really good amount of Support!!! lol
scud
Under 16s

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 11 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:19 am

Can I ask why there was no cricket on the 13th of Dec?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7942 times

Postby bennymacca » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:29 am

scheduled week off for the test?
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Red Rocket » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:54 am

bennymacca wrote:scheduled week off for the test?

Correct
Red Rocket
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 72 times
Grassroots Team: Kapunda

Postby Red Rocket » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:02 pm

Well it appears the cream is rising to the top. Freeling and Angaston as good as certainties for top 2.
Looking like a good fight for 3rd and 4th between 3 or 4 sides whilst South and GV look to be fighting to avoid the spoon.
Freeling already into the OD final with Angaston slight favourites to join them.
Is promotion compulsory in the comp now?
Lyndoch looks to have sealed top spot but can or will they refuse to move up?
Red Rocket
Under 18s

Postby Extractor » Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:06 pm

Red Rocket wrote:Well it appears the cream is rising to the top. Freeling and Angaston as good as certainties for top 2.
Looking like a good fight for 3rd and 4th between 3 or 4 sides whilst South and GV look to be fighting to avoid the spoon.
Freeling already into the OD final with Angaston slight favourites to join them.
Is promotion compulsory in the comp now?
Lyndoch looks to have sealed top spot but can or will they refuse to move up?

Pretty sure it is now. I have heard they are actually keen to come up this time...
Extractor
Under 16s

Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby james07 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 3:01 pm

The promotion system is up for review at the end of this season, so it could change things
james07
Under 16s

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 13 times

Postby Red Rocket » Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:01 pm

james07 wrote:The promotion system is up for review at the end of this season, so it could change things

How so?
Surely its too late to change things for next year in regards to more than 1 side relegated.
Dont know if it would work or not but could A1R be eliminated?
Maybe the top 4 go up to create a 12 team A1 and the bottom 3 drop back to A2's to create a 10 team comp, is there any reason why A grade sides must be in A1 or A1R?
Id imagine Eudunda and Truro for instance may be happy to play in A2's
Red Rocket
Under 18s

Postby scud » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:01 pm

Red Rocket wrote:
james07 wrote:The promotion system is up for review at the end of this season, so it could change things

How so?
Surely its too late to change things for next year in regards to more than 1 side relegated.
Dont know if it would work or not but could A1R be eliminated?
Maybe the top 4 go up to create a 12 team A1 and the bottom 3 drop back to A2's to create a 10 team comp, is there any reason why A grade sides must be in A1 or A1R?
Id imagine Eudunda and Truro for instance may be happy to play in A2's

I'm not sure the current format needs changing does it,? It makes things really interesting towards the end of the season.

I do like the concept of having more teams in the A grade but in saying that id hate to start seeing outrights all the time, No offence to South because they are very competitive and will win a few games in the back half of year but have struggled every year they've been in the A1s but when they go back down they dominate A1R. This tells me if your finishing 3rd and 4th in the A1R then your going to struggle big time in the top grade.

I also love the one day comp. and with 10 or 12 teams I don't think we would play too many one day games. If any.

And finally I'd love to see Lyndoch come up and give Robbo a chance to play against the best players in the league to truly test himself.
scud
Under 16s

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 11 times

Postby Red Rocket » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:13 pm

Agree the current system works well Scud, the only down side to it for me is the bye in the A1R.
Obviously if there are talks of looking at the setup the execs are not happy with something.
As you said more teams could lead to blowouts and you also end up with uneven draw, teams might only play some sides once etc.
Whatever the outcome im sure the side that finishes bottom could have have a nervous few months, may end up with a reprieve
Red Rocket
Under 18s

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:15 pm

There's only 8-9 teams worthy of playing A1 at the minute why add crap teams.

Truro i think would probably like to drop to A2's, which could even things up. Back to 6 teams in A1 res and 8 in A2. Cant see anyone from A3 wanting to come up and no one from A2 would want to go down, very good competitive comp the A2's. Would think Truro may make finals in A2 but wouldnt be a certainty for the flag.
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2425 times
Been liked: 1663 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:18 pm

Red Rocket wrote:Agree the current system works well Scud, the only down side to it for me is the bye in the A1R.
Obviously if there are talks of looking at the setup the execs are not happy with something.
As you said more teams could lead to blowouts and you also end up with uneven draw, teams might only play some sides once etc.
Whatever the outcome im sure the side that finishes bottom could have have a nervous few months, may end up with a reprieve

Dont know where the talk is u speak of RR, 1st i have heard of it is on here today.
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby Red Rocket » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:42 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Red Rocket wrote:Agree the current system works well Scud, the only down side to it for me is the bye in the A1R.

Dont know where the talk is u speak of RR, 1st i have heard of it is on here today.

Was just going on an earlier post today that said it was being looked at.
Red Rocket
Under 18s

Postby Red Rocket » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:46 pm

daysofourlives wrote:There's only 8-9 teams worthy of playing A1 at the minute why add crap teams.

Truro i think would probably like to drop to A2's, which could even things up. Back to 6 teams in A1 res and 8 in A2. Cant see anyone from A3 wanting to come up and no one from A2 would want to go down, very good competitive comp the A2's. Would think Truro may make finals in A2 but wouldnt be a certainty for the flag.

That seems a very sensible option.
Red Rocket
Under 18s

Postby bennymacca » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:50 pm

Maybe you could have promotion and relegation at the bottom of A1r but for just the A grade teams? Ie Truro go down to A2 and stay there until they make a grand final and then they swap with the bottom A1r team? Or maybe a team can just apply to play A2s for a certain period?
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:57 pm

Red Rocket wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

The one from James07? just a routine review of the system but i dont think its end of this season, might be the one after. Talk about drawing a very long bow with what James said to execs are not happy with something lol.
Anyway A4 and A5 may go back to being joined for the 1st round and then top 8 play A4, rest play A5 for the remainder of season
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby Red Rocket » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:04 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Red Rocket wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

The one from James07? just a routine review of the system but i dont think its end of this season, might be the one after. Talk about drawing a very long bow with what James said to execs are not happy with something lol.
Anyway A4 and A5 may go back to being joined for the 1st round and then top 8 play A4, rest play A5 for the remainder of season

Ok fair enough, wasnt meant to offend
Red Rocket
Under 18s

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:24 pm

Didnt offend mate was just humorous how you interpreted James07's post
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby james07 » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:14 am

yeah lads just stating what is written in the Leader Booklet that it is up for review at the end of this season, personally I like the current format with the one day games breaking up the season.

The only other formats that could work would be a 12 team comp each playing everyone once in two day games. downfall in this is the gap between the standard for some sides.

Or 10 teams playing each other once with a T20 comp inbetween to decide who goes to the country living finals.
james07
Under 16s

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 13 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps