PDCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: PDCA 2016 - 2017

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:54 pm

The Bedge wrote:
whufc wrote:Interesting score in the eastern park a grade game

Anyway know what happened!

I hear Eastern Park have been stood down for the next two weeks - PDCA enforced forfeit.

Whispers arising they may shut the doors and all piss off to join Woody at Units.

If only Riverside stayed on.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4352 times
Been liked: 7969 times

Postby whufc » Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:16 am

The Bedge wrote:

I hear Eastern Park have been stood down for the next two weeks - PDCA enforced forfeit.

Whispers arising they may shut the doors and all piss off to join Woody at Units.

I wonder why they would do that as I presume it was the players caused the issue (not playing out the day) not the management at the club.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5626 times
Been liked: 2546 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:45 am

whufc wrote:
I wonder why they would do that as I presume it was the players caused the issue (not playing out the day) not the management at the club.

Eastern Park has always been a footy club that has cricket, it used to do Johnny Ashworth's head in as the talent pool there has always been rich.

I used to have to deal with the same shit until I was able to make cricket profitable for the club and sustained it for some time.

It's interesting that their former coach was the umpire officiating too.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:10 am

whufc wrote:I wonder why they would do that as I presume it was the players caused the issue (not playing out the day) not the management at the club.

… and exactly what punishment would you have suggested?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3199 times
Been liked: 4057 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:14 am

The Bedge wrote:
whufc wrote:I wonder why they would do that as I presume it was the players caused the issue (not playing out the day) not the management at the club.

Perhaps make them fill in their mycricket stuff!
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby BenchedEagle » Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:18 am

The Bedge wrote:

Incorrect Bedge.
100% not a PDCA enforced forfeit.
They advised PDCA they are unable to field a side for Round 2, forfeit allowed, if they cant present a side for Rd 3 thats curtains for them.

Its all on them now, their future is entirely in their own hands. If they cant pull themselves back together and finish this season I dont think we will see EPCC in PDCA next season, as I cant see clubs allowing them back if they bail on Grade 1 after committing.

Personally I hope they keep plugging on, get to the 1 dayers and reload. Too good a club to lose from the comp.
BenchedEagle
League - Top 5

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 51 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:29 am

BenchedEagle wrote:Incorrect Bedge.
They advised PDCA they are unable to field a side for Round 2, forfeit allowed, if they cant present a side for Rd 3 thats curtains for them.

Its all on them now, their future is entirely in their own hands. If they cant pull themselves back together and finish this season I dont think we will see EPCC in PDCA next season, as I cant see clubs allowing them back if they bail on Grade 1 after committing.

Personally I hope they keep plugging on, get to the 1 dayers and reload. Too good a club to lose from the comp.

Thanks mate.. I stand corrected.

Long way back from here after the start but I agree hope they can get through this.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:31 am

Grade 2 should be good this weekend - Smithfield vs One Tree Hill apparently kicking off at 11:00am, and ATCO vs Enfield starting 12:00pm.

Wonder if sides will get there scores in a couple hours earlier. :lol:

Any other clubs arranged early starts?
The Bedge
Coach

Postby whufc » Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:45 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:

Eastern Park has always been a footy club that has cricket, it used to do Johnny Ashworth's head in as the talent pool there has always been rich.

I used to have to deal with the same shit until I was able to make cricket profitable for the club and sustained it for some time.

Absolutely I know as well as anyone. The reason I left the club initially was to go play at a 'cricket club'. I still remember after one cricket flag we had our end of year presentation only to have to rush it because football needed to do their round 2 player of the match football presentations. We weren't 'allowed' to do pressos on a Friday night because too many footballers would get pissed the night before football.

Who was umpiring.....Super!
whufc
Coach

Postby whufc » Thu Oct 22, 2020 9:46 am

The Bedge wrote:

Im talking about the why would the players leave EP to CU, it was their fault they caused this issue by the sounds of it...not the club.

I'm happy with PDCA punishment.
whufc
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:35 am

The Bedge wrote:Grade 2 should be good this weekend - Smithfield vs One Tree Hill apparently kicking off at 11:00am, and ATCO vs Enfield starting 12:00pm.

I love this sort of stuff, clubs getting together and thinking outside the square, fly through the overs, don't waste time during the breaks and they're done by 2:45, enough time for a scrub and at the pub by the time the big races start.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:37 am

BenchedEagle wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

Incorrect Bedge.

Thanks for the insight, I'm sure we all hope they stay alive, a cracking bunch of lads and a talented group.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:42 am

whufc wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:

Absolutely I know as well as anyone. The reason I left the club initially was to go play at a 'cricket club'. I still remember after one cricket flag we had our end of year presentation only to have to rush it because football needed to do their round 2 player of the match football presentations. We weren't 'allowed' to do pressos on a Friday night because too many footballers would get pissed the night before football.

We lost a GF one year and headed back to the club to drown our sorrows only to find it was closed and no one willing to open it, also won a flag and they weren't going to put on free piss for the players.

Yes, Mark was umpiring.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby whufc » Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:52 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:

We lost a GF one year and headed back to the club to drown our sorrows only to find it was closed and no one willing to open it, also won a flag and they weren't going to put on free piss for the players.

Yes, Mark was umpiring.

We never got more than a couple of drinks free after a flag.
whufc
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:02 am

whufc wrote:
We never got more than a couple of drinks free after a flag.

Really? I've never paid for a beer for the night after winning a flag, we'd usually get a keg put aside for us, we have also taken the remainder of the keg with us to keep partying with a portable pouring system.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:23 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Grade 2 should be good this weekend - Smithfield vs One Tree Hill apparently kicking off at 11:00am, and ATCO vs Enfield starting 12:00pm.

I love this sort of stuff, clubs getting together and thinking outside the square, fly through the overs, don't waste time during the breaks and they're done by 2:45, enough time for a scrub and at the pub by the time the big races start.

I can say that if ATCO win the toss and bowl and drag their feet during the overs and we finish at the same time as usual, i'm gonna absolutely flip out :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Homer J » Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:58 pm

Div 1 program been update with a bye in place of EP for the rest of the season!
Homer J
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 43 times

Postby whufc » Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:43 pm

Homer J wrote:Div 1 program been update with a bye in place of EP for the rest of the season!

Yeah have been kicked out EP players to play in a local nearby comp
whufc
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:05 pm

whufc wrote:
Homer J wrote:Div 1 program been update with a bye in place of EP for the rest of the season!

If they play in the top 2 grades at South they get the luxury of turf pretty much every week
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1127 times
Been liked: 3575 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby The Bedge » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:13 pm

whufc wrote:

Someone’s telling furphies.. I don’t think they were kicked out? Their B grade are still playing.

Been whispers of guys wanting to go to South Gawler and Central United etc
The Bedge
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps