Great Southern Cricket Association

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Great Southern Cricket Association 2011/12

Postby Super Fred » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:10 pm

busta wrote:Heard strath and creek were interested in coming into GSCA! Would love for this to happen, few more games a year on turf!

Would make sense considering the football teams are in that comp...But why leave A&EH when the comp has just been strengthened by two competitive clubs?
Super Fred
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby smithy » Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:26 pm

Super Fred wrote:
busta wrote:Heard strath and creek were interested in coming into GSCA! Would love for this to happen, few more games a year on turf!

Would make sense considering the football teams are in that comp...But why leave A&EH when the comp has just been strengthened by two competitive clubs?

If they are strong clubs they'll never get accepted cause it might make the association a bit more competitive.
Wouldn't want to upset the comfort zone.
smithy

Postby WestIndiesWonder24 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:42 am

I Totally wanted the two SCA teams in our league, especially for the competition, But I can see where your coming from smithy!!!
I mean leagues have to survive and with a lack of juniors coming through in most clubs will probably regret that decision!!!
WestIndiesWonder24
League - Top 5

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: United Aboriginal

Postby shoe boy » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:54 pm

smithy wrote:
Super Fred wrote:

If they are strong clubs they'll never get accepted cause it might make the association a bit more competitive.

:ymapplause:
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby words of wisdom » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:17 pm

shoe boy wrote:
smithy wrote:
Super Fred wrote:

:ymapplause:

Why would we want to step out of the comfort zone? Our league is not in trouble and has very few issues....
Maybe you should be asking why all the other teams have left the SCA over the years? Maybe it has something to do with whats left?
words of wisdom
League - Best 21

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 19 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Burr

Postby Jimmy Recard » Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:22 am

anyone know when the season officially starts? how far away off programs?
The greats weren't great because at birth they could paint,
The greats were great because they paint a lot.
Jimmy Recard
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Willunga

Postby Faramir » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:19 am

Jimmy Recard wrote:anyone know when the season officially starts? how far away off programs?

I would assume Round 1 would be October 8th......
Faramir
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Yankalilla

Postby a.chucka » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:47 pm

Wouldn't want to upset the comfort zone.[/quote]
:ymapplause:[/quote]

Why would we want to step out of the comfort zone? Our league is not in trouble and has very few issues....
Maybe you should be asking why all the other teams have left the SCA over the years? Maybe it has something to do with whats left?[/quote]

:-s :-s two compass a grade teams a year agao.. only half the teams can cosistently have an a grade team in every year :oops: :oops: ex southern teams are winning all the flags lol! :roll:
a.chucka
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Burra-Booborowie-Hallett

Postby busta » Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:13 am

Jimmy Recard wrote:anyone know when the season officially starts? how far away off programs?

Not long now until you will be snicking up again jimmy!
busta

Postby words of wisdom » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:06 pm

a.chucka wrote:If they are strong clubs they'll never get accepted cause it might make the association a bit more competitive.

[/quote]

Maybe you should be asking why all the other teams have left the SCA over the years? Maybe it has something to do with whats left?[/quote]

:-s :-s two compass a grade teams a year agao.. only half the teams can cosistently have an a grade team in every year :oops: :oops: ex southern teams are winning all the flags lol! :roll:[/quote]

Yeh but we'll still have a comp next year ;)
words of wisdom
League - Best 21

Postby a.chucka » Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:21 pm

words of wisdom wrote:
a.chucka wrote:If they are strong clubs they'll never get accepted cause it might make the association a bit more competitive.

:-s two compass a grade teams a year agao.. only half the teams can cosistently have an a grade team in every year :oops: ex southern teams are winning all the flags lol! :roll:[/quote]

Yeh but we'll still have a comp next year ;)[/quote]

whats happening at pongy?? rumours no a grade this year. mayb they can come to a better club down the coast
the comps not in trouble at all :oops: :oops:
a.chucka
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Burra-Booborowie-Hallett

Postby the red baron » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:05 am

whats happening at pongy?? rumours no a grade this year. mayb they can come to a better club down the coast
the comps not in trouble at all :oops: :oops:[/quote] hopefully it is just a rumour, be very disappointing if Myponga pulled out once again! I wonder how many clubs wish they had of voted noarlunga in?
the red baron
Under 18s

Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Gumeracha

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:29 pm

I've heard Mt. Compass look the big improvers for this season, few new faces around the club and solid sessions, setting big goals for this season.
I've heard young Paul Barrett is hitting them well at training, and might actually have a really solid successfull season..
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby words of wisdom » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:22 pm

the red baron wrote:whats happening at pongy?? rumours no a grade this year. mayb they can come to a better club down the coast
hopefully it is just a rumour, be very disappointing if Myponga pulled out once again! I wonder how many clubs wish they had of voted noarlunga in?[/quote]

Myponga will struggle to fill an A grade this year. At least they are still attempting too. No one seems to have any trouble with Yank, Rapids and Victor not having an A grade.... Most clubs go through it at some time. Goolwa, Elliot and i think Aldinga have been in the same boat.
words of wisdom
League - Best 21

Postby Offcutter » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:37 pm

words of wisdom wrote:
the red baron wrote:whats happening at pongy?? rumours no a grade this year. mayb they can come to a better club down the coast
hopefully it is just a rumour, be very disappointing if Myponga pulled out once again! I wonder how many clubs wish they had of voted noarlunga in?

Myponga will struggle to fill an A grade this year. At least they are still attempting too. No one seems to have any trouble with Yank, Rapids and Victor not having an A grade.... Most clubs go through it at some time. Goolwa, Elliot and i think Aldinga have been in the same boat.[/quote]

Does this mean they can count on you to pull the gloves back on WOW?
Offcutter
Rookie

Postby words of wisdom » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:15 pm

Offcutter wrote:
words of wisdom wrote:
hopefully it is just a rumour, be very disappointing if Myponga pulled out once again! I wonder how many clubs wish they had of voted noarlunga in?

Myponga will struggle to fill an A grade this year. At least they are still attempting too. No one seems to have any trouble with Yank, Rapids and Victor not having an A grade.... Most clubs go through it at some time. Goolwa, Elliot and i think Aldinga have been in the same boat.

Does this mean they can count on you to pull the gloves back on WOW?[/quote]

Better off putting a post there cutter! I do really want to play but anyone that saw my last match vs Dingy would agree that my knees are done. Boys still take the piss out of me about the one ball i had to chase :oops:
Seriously i know that people think we just field sides when we feel like it but this is far from the case. Myself, Tomo, Fags, Wal (every 2nd week i think) etc want to play this year but can not.
words of wisdom
League - Best 21

Postby WestIndiesWonder24 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:29 pm

Yeah must be frustrating WOW, I admire the way any team you guys put in though is always competitive and always good for a few after the games.

:drinkers:
:partyman:

Cricket season really does sneak up on you though after footy season

Any news on any draws yet???
WestIndiesWonder24
League - Top 5

Grassroots Team: United Aboriginal

Postby killer instinct » Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:43 am

Dropped into Encounter Bay nets last Thursday & watched a young man bat very well in the nets, he dispatched rubbish deliveries from Moules & Lintern over to the Victor Golf course. Asked around to see who the young lad was & it was infact Jake Grenfell, I didn't notice him as I'm sure he has lost 30 or 40 kilos. Stayed around for a BBQ & also noticed that Jake Grenfell didn't even have a sausage, for a man that used to smash down 7 or 8 snags & 14 burgers after training, it was pleasing to see him just ran laps around the oval until dark & then proceeded to run home with his cricket bag over his shoulder. Well done to the guy, hopefully he can make some runs for the bays this year & reach his full potential.
killer instinct
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby sherminator » Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:38 pm

words of wisdom wrote:Seriously i know that people think we just field sides when we feel like it but this is far from the case. Myself, Tomo, Fags, Wal (every 2nd week i think) etc want to play this year but can not.

Can definitely sympathise with Pongy. Whilst they had good numbers last year and fielded 3 senior sides, their 1 day side had an average age of about 60 and the B grade weren't competitive at all. Kudos to them for turning up each week and having a go but from what I saw Wal was the only guy capable of playing A grade and he was just filling in! Without blokes like Tommo etc. any side from Pongy that was 'forced' to play A grade would struggle to be competitive and would get outrighted quite a few times. This would be unfair to any side who doesn't get to play them twice.

Personally I think Rapid Bay are the better option to play A grade. They have a couple of quality cricketers in Williss & Bennett and guys like Dalitz, Sparnon, Vin Wright, Fielke, P.J. & Bear are good enough cricketers to ensure they would be competitive.
sherminator
Under 16s

Grassroots Team: Olympic Dam

Postby Richard Chee Quee » Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:20 pm

what are peoples thoughts on a combined pongy, yank, rapid bay a grade side? would this work as an option if pongy are unable to fill a side?

Also is a rumor Aaron moules wont be playing this year, has got himself a new job as choppers under study at the turkey factory and big chop has him rostered for saturday's. Any truth to this?
Richard Chee Quee
Under 16s

Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Wingfield Royals

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps