best sledge ya ever heard

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: best sledge ya ever heard

Postby Eric_Gilchurch » Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:41 pm

Shane Wanre when Darryl Cullinan hit him over his head for 6.

"you aresy C*nt"

its probably more so abuse, but the fact that stump mics picked it up makes it halarious
Life Won't Wait...
Eric_Gilchurch
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Willunga

Postby bulldogs » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:02 pm

Javid Miandad just hit Merv Hughes for 4 and Merv gave it to him, Miandad replied your just a big fat bus driver. Few balls later Merv knocks him over as Miandad walks past him Merv is heard saying to him TICKETS PLEASE
bulldogs
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 15 times

Postby Mr_Willy » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:24 pm

bulldogs wrote:Javid Miandad just hit Merv Hughes for 4 and Merv gave it to him, Miandad replied your just a big fat bus driver. Few balls later Merv knocks him over as Miandad walks past him Merv is heard saying to him TICKETS PLEASE

Yeah that's another cracker - that is hilarious!!!
Mr_Willy
Coach

Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby The Angry Bull » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:22 am

Mr_Willy wrote:
interested observer wrote:
Zimbawean allrounder who's name slips me arrives at the crease in a test match against Australia...

Mark Waugh from 2nd slip toots off " mate, what the hell are you doing out here playing test cricket. You are a s***t batsmen and you can't bowl "

To which the instant reply was " Can't argue with that Mark, but at least I am the best player in my family "

Wasn't that comment by a Pom!?? Robert Key, or Crawley or someone like that. A cracker none the less.... One of my favourites!!

It was James Ormond... was playing his one and only test when he made that comment!!!!!
The Angry Bull
Under 16s

Has liked: 50 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Central Augusta

Postby silicone skyline » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:40 am

Player batting with a tinny sounding bat.
Square leg fieldsman: "What are you batting with, a converted didgeridoo?"
Ruthless and Relentless
silicone skyline
Coach

Postby bored » Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:11 pm

silicone skyline wrote:Player batting with a tinny sounding bat.
Square leg fieldsman: "What are you batting with, a converted didgeridoo?"

i had something similar in the semi's last year. someone told me my bat sounded like sh*t... i hit the ball into the jail a little later in the over and said to them that it still seems to work well enough :lol:
bored
Under 16s

Been liked: 1 time

Postby the big bang » Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:47 pm

DILLIGAF wrote:seen better batters in a fish and chip shop send him down a piano and see if he can play that merv hughes to sir viv its the red ball with white stitches after he had played and missed viv smashed it out of the ground you no what it looks like go fetch

a bit of punctuation wouldnt go astray there dilli!!
wuuuzzzzz
the big bang
League - Top 5

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 9 times

Postby auto » Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:51 pm

If you bowl another ******* bouncer at my ******* head im going to ******* charge you and club your head with this ******* bat. A batter said to my mate who was bowling bouncers at him. Gold, esp considering the dude was a fast bowler himself and was renowned for an odd bouncer or twenty.
auto
League - Top 5

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 29 times
Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

Postby DILLIGAF » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:11 pm

the_big_bang wrote:
DILLIGAF wrote:seen better batters in a fish and chip shop send him down a piano and see if he can play that merv hughes to sir viv its the red ball with white stitches after he had played and missed viv smashed it out of the ground you no what it looks like go fetch

a bit of punctuation wouldnt go astray there dilli!!

man i went to christies high lucky i can write at all :lol:
Does It Look Like I Give A F**k
SEE YA LATER!!!
DILLIGAF
Under 16s

Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Push in the Back » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:36 pm

Malcolm Marshall to David Boon playing in his first test " Hey Boon mun - you have had your fun, why dont you get out now. Dont make me have to go around the wicket and kill you..."
Push in the Back
Under 16s

Postby Sky Pilot » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:44 pm

this near extinct link is hilarious. You blokes got any more to add?
People who bought this book also bought a stool and some rope. Unknown literary critic
Sky Pilot
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: BMW

Postby best on hill » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:11 pm

a young little fatty was giving it to us when we were batting, then it was his turn and my mate at point yelled out "hey look hes got more rolls than bakers delight" to which we all pissed ourselfs laughing, the young lad nearly started crying and got out the first ball he faced!

moral of the story if ya cant take it dont give it!
COWELL FOOTBALL CLUB est.1901
premiers 1902,04,07,22,24,26,27,28,31,32,34,37,38,39,46,50,52,53,54,55,58,59,69(cowell north),96,99,2006,07,09
oldest club on E.P.!
best on hill
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Cowell

Postby whufc » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:31 pm

From ball one on the weekend which i cut over slips for four (it was short, wide, slow and nasty) i copped sledging about not being able to play in front of square and that i only had the cut shot and pull shot etc etc this went on for over ten overs nearly every single ball.

The opposition captain then fires off with "your a joke i havent seen a shot in front of square, you dont deserve to hold a bat"

my reply "thank f**k im not playing baseball and crickets played on an oval"
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5626 times
Been liked: 2546 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Jimmy » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:26 pm

Many years ago playing northern districts at prospect oval, a young lad about 15 but looked 12 came in to face the hat trick ball.

One of our blokes said to him "hey mate, I think the u14s are playing down the road"...bloke got cleaned up and I swear to god I saw fear in his eyes! :lol:

The batsman...brad symes ;)
Carn the blues!!!!!
Jimmy
Coach

Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby beeroclock » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:31 pm

No names mentioned but there was a recent bowler in A2 that is a real knob and full off s##t. Rates himself way too much. Whacked the bloke for a couple of 4s from the other end so he started arcing up at 1st slip. Told him when they wrote his name in the scorebook to bowl they put his surname down as C##K. Starting sooking to the umpires so the umpies at drinks asked me what i said so i told them the truth. They laughed with both of us present. Gold, and we chased their runs down.
beeroclock
League - Best 21

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby whufc » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:35 pm

Jimmy wrote:Many years ago playing northern districts at prospect oval, a young lad about 15 but looked 12 came in to face the hat trick ball.

One of our blokes said to him "hey mate, I think the u14s are playing down the road"...bloke got cleaned up and I swear to god I saw fear in his eyes! :lol:

That reminds me of playing under 15 cricket against South Gawler, i was playing for Eastern Park and we had SG 2/nothing then this little chubby goofy looking left handed kid walks into bat carrying a no name bat that none of us had seen before. First two balls were play and misses to which he was copping the typical fat kid with a cheap cricket bat jokes.

Batting at the Northern End of South Gawler the next ball he whips of his pads which goes all the way one bounce onto the train tracks.

120 odd runs later and Mark Cosgrove and his Fielke had smacked us all around the park.

Just Quietly though i got him for a goldie in the GF caught at 3rd man.
whufc
Coach

Postby Jimmy » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:51 pm

whufc wrote:
Jimmy wrote:Many years ago playing northern districts at prospect oval, a young lad about 15 but looked 12 came in to face the hat trick ball.

That reminds me of playing under 15 cricket against South Gawler, i was playing for Eastern Park and we had SG 2/nothing then this little chubby goofy looking left handed kid walks into bat carrying a no name bat that none of us had seen before. First two balls were play and misses to which he was copping the typical fat kid with a cheap cricket bat jokes.

Batting at the Northern End of South Gawler the next ball he whips of his pads which goes all the way one bounce onto the train tracks.

120 odd runs later and Mark Cosgrove and his Fielke had smacked us all around the park.

Haha, thats gold. He went to my school, a few years below me though and played his juniors at elizabeth before his old man pissed off the whole club and was quietly asked to leave...(rumor was that the senior guys took his old man behind argana park and 'allegedly' threatened to beat the living shit out of him if he didn't pull his head in as the old man was sticking his nose in too much) the old man was an interesting :roll: fella and the kid was a fat cocky shit but could bat tho...tore it up at ND, at the ships we used to run him out on purpose in u14s because he was so slow between the wickets!

I actually use a Fielke bat and have done from u16 back in 95 after many a gray nic from the stores would break. Found out about bobs garage shop up in gawler east area and never looked back. Just found the right bats and have used 3 in my life time (have had a 8 year hiatus since my last game at prossie however although I did bring it out for one game last year in Philadelphia) and all have been great for me. I even got a team mate in England to buy one he liked mine so much. Am playing this year for balmain and even a bloke at training recognized it from his time in Adelaide. Still goes alright too, smacked a front foot pull for six on the weekend that hit the road a good ways away...helped that the bowler was a fat pie chucka haha :lol:

God I've missed cricket! :oops:
Carn the blues!!!!!
Jimmy
Coach

Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:59 pm

I've got a Fielke too. Bought mine from him when he rocked up at Loxton one day during a game.
Happy birthday.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby whufc » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:03 pm

Jimmy wrote:
whufc wrote:

Haha, thats gold. He went to my school, a few years below me though and played his juniors at elizabeth before his old man pissed off the whole club and was quietly asked to leave...(rumor was that the senior guys took his old man behind argana park and 'allegedly' threatened to beat the living shit out of him if he didn't pull his head in as the old man was sticking his nose in too much) the old man was an interesting :roll: fella and the kid was a fat cocky shit but could bat tho...tore it up at ND, at the ships we used to run him out on purpose in u14s because he was so slow between the wickets!

I actually use a Fielke bat and have done from u16 back in 95 after many a gray nic from the stores would break. Found out about bobs garage shop up in gawler east area and never looked back. Just found the right bats and have used 3 in my life time (have had a 8 year hiatus since my last game at prossie however although I did bring it out for one game last year in Philadelphia) and all have been great for me. I even got a team mate in England to buy one he liked mine so much. Am playing this year for balmain and even a bloke at training recognized it from his time in Adelaide. Still goes alright too, smacked a front foot pull for six on the weekend that hit the road a good ways away...helped that the bowler was a fat pie chucka haha :lol:

God I've missed cricket! :oops:

Yeah im a Fielke man myself now and could never see myself using anything other.

Funny you mentioned that about the old man, i heard a very similar story about his time playing soccer at Salisbury as well, boy he was a terrible soccer player yet was getting games every week, was good though as i played for Elizabeth City Rams and you knew when he was playing they would struggle.
whufc
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:26 pm

Jimmy, you'll be interested to know he was inducted with 21 others into the Trinity College sporting hall of fame on Friday night.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps