ATCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: ATCA

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Wed May 17, 2017 4:46 pm

human_torpedo wrote:
get a grip wrote:Penfield was a bit of a rable last season when we played them although they did manage some good wins throughout the year.

I wouldn't be putting too much on Woody Rechs to dominate A3 (if they go down), Rosenthal will be a handy inclusion but Duffet well and truly passed it going on last years form against us. And as for Rosenthal choosing Rechs over Districts, there are a few people in the Districts team I would choose not to play with either and their disciplinary record from last season might justify that.

Just my opinions

Duff didn't reach the heights of his peak form last season but 450 runs in A2 is not a bad return for 'well and truly passed it'

308 @ 23.7 in the minor round is only average, by his lofty standards, but he certainly reached peak form in the GF with a match winning 149. I think he struggled with fitness for a while last year (groin?), but if he gets back to full fitness I would expect a lot more runs and also plenty of wickets if he is able to bowl.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 534 times

Postby human_torpedo » Wed May 17, 2017 4:58 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
human_torpedo wrote:
get a grip wrote:Penfield was a bit of a rable last season when we played them although they did manage some good wins throughout the year.

I wouldn't be putting too much on Woody Rechs to dominate A3 (if they go down), Rosenthal will be a handy inclusion but Duffet well and truly passed it going on last years form against us. And as for Rosenthal choosing Rechs over Districts, there are a few people in the Districts team I would choose not to play with either and their disciplinary record from last season might justify that.

Just my opinions

Duff didn't reach the heights of his peak form last season but 450 runs in A2 is not a bad return for 'well and truly passed it'

308 @ 23.7 in the minor round is only average, by his lofty standards, but he certainly reached peak form in the GF with a match winning 149. I think he struggled with fitness for a while last year (groin?), but if he gets back to full fitness I would expect a lot more runs and also plenty of wickets if he is able to bowl.

Yes but 457 looks wayyyy better than 308.. Hence why I ran with it
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby get a grip » Wed May 17, 2017 5:17 pm

human_torpedo wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
human_torpedo wrote:

Just my opinions

Yes but 457 looks wayyyy better than 308.. Hence why I ran with it

No doubt he will feel much more home at Rechs, my take from talking to him after our game was he wasn't enjoying his time at Pt Districts and if he captains I would say he would bowl a lot more than last year as he hardly got a bowl at PD.
I am interested to know why he decided to return to Rechs as I understand it wasn't a good breakup when he left.
get a grip

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Wed May 17, 2017 5:36 pm

Agree....I didn't think the break up was very amicable either, but I got the impression that was probably more from Woody Rechs being disappointed that he went to Port Districts and played against them. At the end of the day, finding a playing coach of his calibre is not easy, so maybe they were prepared to forgive and forget and welcome him back.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 534 times

Postby Whatsfordinner » Thu May 18, 2017 7:27 am

If rumours are true about Woodville rechs, will heyzer want them in a2 or a3? He'd probably feel they are a good chance at a flag in a3?

A lot of clubs still without coaches, pre season would be starting in the next month or so for some of the better clubs in a1? Time for clubs to look at different options probably
Whatsfordinner

Been liked: 3 times

Postby Sonofbrowny25 » Thu May 18, 2017 11:00 am

So there is still no news on Whether there has been a merge with Lodge or who is going to A2

wasnt this meant to be sorted a month or 2 ago ???????
Sonofbrowny25
Under 18s

Been liked: 25 times

Postby thevoice » Thu May 18, 2017 11:07 am

Whatsfordinner wrote:If rumours are true about Woodville rechs, will heyzer want them in a2 or a3? He'd probably feel they are a good chance at a flag in a3?

A lot of clubs still without coaches, pre season would be starting in the next month or so for some of the better clubs in a1? Time for clubs to look at different options probably

I'm interested in who actually starts pre-season in June? That is crazy early
thevoice
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

Postby Trader » Thu May 18, 2017 11:07 am

Sonofbrowny25 wrote:So there is still no news on Whether there has been a merge with Lodge or who is going to A2

wasnt this meant to be sorted a month or 2 ago ???????

Team noms aren't due until 30/June are they? Suggests they've got another 6 weeks to sort it out.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 61 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Trader » Thu May 18, 2017 11:08 am

thevoice wrote:
Whatsfordinner wrote:If rumours are true about Woodville rechs, will heyzer want them in a2 or a3? He'd probably feel they are a good chance at a flag in a3?

Agreed, Late Aug / Early Sept at best.
Any more than 6 weeks is a waste for mine.
Then again, I'm a hack!
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 61 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Footy Smart » Thu May 18, 2017 11:09 am

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
human_torpedo wrote:

Just my opinions

Ripped his groin 2nd ball he bowled against Modbury. I was surprised he played the next game.
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby Sonofbrowny25 » Thu May 18, 2017 11:11 am

Trader wrote:
thevoice wrote:

Agreed, Late Aug / Early Sept at best.
Any more than 6 weeks is a waste for mine.
Then again, I'm a hack!

i think july is a good start to get out the cob webs. depends on if you play other sport aswell. 1 session a week is plenty until late august/ early september then you are into the swing of things and ready to go
Sonofbrowny25
Under 18s

Been liked: 25 times

Postby get a grip » Thu May 18, 2017 11:13 am

What rumours?
Are you saying that Heyzer as an ex Rechs comittee member would like them to go to A3 to win a flag or help them by keeping them in A2?
I would say that if Penfield fold they will stay in A2 as the 2nd bottow team from last year. Is Pooraka b grade confirmed to go up? I know there was talk about them not wanting to go up.
get a grip

Postby Reilly » Thu May 18, 2017 11:36 am

get a grip wrote:

What rumours?
Are you saying that Heyzer as an ex Rechs comittee member would like them to go to A3 to win a flag or help them by keeping them in A2?
I would say that if Penfield fold they will stay in A2 as the 2nd bottow team from last year. Is Pooraka b grade confirmed to go up? I know there was talk about them not wanting to go up.

Speaking to the Pooraka lads after the GF this year they were very keen to go up to A2 and in my opinion would do quite well in that grade.
Reilly

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Postby get a grip » Thu May 18, 2017 12:18 pm

Reilly wrote:
get a grip wrote:

What rumours?

Speaking to the Pooraka lads after the GF this year they were very keen to go up to A2 and in my opinion would do quite well in that grade.

Fair enough, I heard that they were concerned that they would lose some of their more experienced players and felt they may struggle.
get a grip

Postby Reilly » Thu May 18, 2017 12:35 pm

get a grip wrote:
Reilly wrote:
get a grip wrote:

What rumours?

Fair enough, I heard that they were concerned that they would lose some of their more experienced players and felt they may struggle.

Well unless they've changed their tune in the last few months I think you'll find they'll gladly accept the stronger competition A2 will bring. With the couple of recruits that'll go straight into their A grade pushing a couple down to their B's I expect they will do quite well in A2. A couple of guys that played in their C grade would also be more than capable of holding their own in A2.
Reilly

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Postby helicopterking » Thu May 18, 2017 12:37 pm

thevoice wrote:

Anything team related before August is crazy early
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 674 times

Postby thevoice » Thu May 18, 2017 4:48 pm

helicopterking wrote:
thevoice wrote:

Anything team related before August is crazy early

I reckon @whatsfordinner must have had a poor season last summer, so keen to get a head start on the comp lol
thevoice
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

Postby Whatsfordinner » Thu May 18, 2017 6:19 pm

If I played I'd definitely have had a poor summer...
have heard of clubs training in July/august!
Whatsfordinner

Been liked: 3 times

Postby Computer Crashed » Sun May 21, 2017 8:07 pm

get a grip wrote:
Reilly wrote:
get a grip wrote:

What rumours?

Knowing what I found out on the weekend there will be plenty of quality to replace those experienced ones leaving, if there are any at all not going on. No retirees yet, just good gains.
Computer Crashed
Reserves

Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 124 times
Grassroots Team: Moonta

Postby Port Pirie Power » Mon May 22, 2017 1:01 pm

I know they picked up Steve Marks who will be a great pick up.. Any others?
Port Pirie Power
Rookie

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 11 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps