Stanley Cricket Association

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Stanley Cricket Association

Postby OnSong » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:43 pm

BIGBULL wrote:As a GV cricketer and committee member I'd firstly like to apologize for the mix up.. I must add tho this was not our fault as we weren't informed about any 20/20 cricket.. I believe SACA is at fault and some phone calls will be made ASAP

Yeah, I'm pretty sure if was a SACA f#ck up from what I understand. No need to apologise.
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 533 times
Been liked: 551 times

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:49 pm

Was the games at pt Pirie held yesterday, did Lower Northwin it?
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2425 times
Been liked: 1663 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby OnSong » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:54 pm

daysofourlives wrote:Was the games at pt Pirie held yesterday, did Lower Northwin it?

We played against a Mt Gambier team at Strathalbyn yesterday and lost by 10 runs or so.

It was a bit frustrating, sundries cost us in the end (think we had 17 or so) and I dislocated my finger wicket-keeping and couldn't bat.

LN was missing its two best spinners and of course, Ryan Darling, who is still travelling, so it really is a case of what could have been.

Nairne beat Meadows earlier in the day and then defeated the Mt Gambier team to go through.

Good luck to them.
OnSong
Coach

Postby Hazbeen » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:12 am

How does the top 4 sit at the moment Onsong?

Can Lower North go all the way again?

Drove past the town oval the other week and caught an over from Chad Ruiz, what does he bowl? Looked like he was bowling off the wrong foot ala Max Walker as well.
Hazbeen
Veteran

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 122 times
Grassroots Team: Hummocks-Watchman

Postby OnSong » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:28 am

Hazbeen wrote:How does the top 4 sit at the moment Onsong?

Can Lower North go all the way again?

Drove past the town oval the other week and caught an over from Chad Ruiz, what does he bowl? Looked like he was bowling off the wrong foot ala Max Walker as well.

1 Lower North 24
2 Long Plains 17
3 Auburn Mintaro 16
4 Brinkworth/Koolunga 15
5 Clare Combined Cricket Club 15
6 Watervale 9
7 Blyth/Kybunga 5
8 Sevenhill 3

This is the table at the moment. LN has one loss, against CCCC, which is in danger of not making finals by the looks.
Clare needs to beat Brinkworth/Koolunga this weekend to knock them out, and vice-versa.
We're getting back to full strength now, with Cowan's hamstring nearing a full recovery.
I see Long Plains as the main challenger, with two spearheads in Brad Jones and Michael Warnes a pretty decent opening combo.
Auburn Mintaro have had a superb season, led by Matt Norman with the bat, although he will miss the match against LN this weekend apparently but they can't miss the finals and should finish in third or fourth spot.
Should be a great little finals series, with Brinky and Clare playing out an elimination final this weekend at Brinkworth. Expect a high scoring match.

Chad bowls mediums off the wrong foot, like a frog in a blender. Impossible action. Lol
OnSong
Coach

Postby happyhawk » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:03 am

was talking to a couple of the bullants boys last weekend over a couple of beers and they reckon it could be a very even finals series with any of the 4 sides a chance. the gv bulls finish this week so i hope to get to a final or 2.
happyhawk
Rookie

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 22 times
Grassroots Team: RSMU

Postby OnSong » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:21 am

happyhawk wrote:was talking to a couple of the bullants boys last weekend over a couple of beers and they reckon it could be a very even finals series with any of the 4 sides a chance. the gv bulls finish this week so i hope to get to a final or 2.

They'd have a bit of trouble getting over Clare this weekend IMO.

If Prince and Sandow can do the damage early, the Bullants will give themselves every chance, but if Stedall, Agars and Fogden are still around after the openers are rested, Clare could amass a large score.

Not sure why Seymon hasn't been playing for Clare lately, or if he will be back for finals.

Clare's bowling depth is also pretty good, with Dunstan, Hayden Calaby, Rob Calaby, McLean, Bennie and Stopp likely to share the workload.

A lot of Auburn's batting relies on Mitchell and Matt Norman. Allen can chip in from time to time and batted well last week but his average against Clare is poor.

I'd be backing Clare Combined in this week.

Tipping a real arm-wrestle between Long Plains and Lower North too.

Long Plains getting to full strength, with Todd Daniel back in at the top of the order, strengthening their batting depth. Daniel also bowls some clever medium-paced darts.

Daniel in gives the likes of Pym, Shimmin and Hill every chance to go on the attack.

Warnes and Jones opening the bowling will also test the Lower North top order.

Ryan Darling and Ryan McPharlin will be keys for Lower North, both with bat and ball, while Cowan is nearing full fitness after tearing his hamstring while bowling in Lower North's dramatic loss to Clare about 6 weeks ago.

McPharlin has two 90s against Long Plains this year, so undoubtedly the Longies boys will be keen to see the back of him early.
OnSong
Coach

Postby happyhawk » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:07 pm

yes fogden is a gun, played against him when he was a nuri. the auburn boys were full of confidence last sat night in the rising sun. we played them in a t20 last year and they are a talented mob but like most cricket clubs its the friday night activities that can seems to hurt them. they reckon there is a big new zealand fast bowler who scared the life out of them the other week who plays for long plains.
darling is certainly a class act, saw him first hand in a country carnival game getting bored blocking so he just hit sixes over long on for the rest of the day
happyhawk
Rookie

Postby OnSong » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:21 pm

happyhawk wrote:yes fogden is a gun, played against him when he was a nuri. the auburn boys were full of confidence last sat night in the rising sun. we played them in a t20 last year and they are a talented mob but like most cricket clubs its the friday night activities that can seems to hurt them. they reckon there is a big new zealand fast bowler who scared the life out of them the other week who plays for long plains.
darling is certainly a class act, saw him first hand in a country carnival game getting bored blocking so he just hit sixes over long on for the rest of the day

The Kiwi is Brad Jones. Played in Lower North's flag last year and since joined Longies.
Is fairly sharp and decks them around a bit.
OnSong
Coach

Postby happyhawk » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:47 pm

Handy to have a good fast bowler, we have James Vandy but they are few and far between these days.
happyhawk
Rookie

Postby OnSong » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:48 pm

happyhawk wrote:Handy to have a good fast bowler, we have James Vandy but they are few and far between these days.

Jones is no Jimmy Vandy, let's be clear about that. :lol:
OnSong
Coach

Postby happyhawk » Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:07 am

Heard auburn lost to Clare on the last ball yesterday. Great game by all accounts. Seymon got 85 for clare, Matt Norman 95 for auburn.
happyhawk
Rookie

Postby Sky Pilot » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:19 pm

happyhawk wrote:Heard auburn lost to Clare on the last ball yesterday. Great game by all accounts. Seymon got 85 for clare, Matt Norman 95 for auburn.

Yeah, and at Burra a Pekina fielder bent down to field a ball that had stopped and his cap fell off and landed on the ball. Penalty...five runs!
I guess rules are rules
People who bought this book also bought a stool and some rope. Unknown literary critic
Sky Pilot
Assistant Coach

Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: BMW

Postby Hazbeen » Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:16 pm

happyhawk wrote:Heard auburn lost to Clare on the last ball yesterday. Great game by all accounts. Seymon got 85 for clare, Matt Norman 95 for auburn.

Any news on the Lower North vs Long Plains game?
Hazbeen
Veteran

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 122 times
Grassroots Team: Hummocks-Watchman

Postby happyhawk » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:57 pm

Hazbeen wrote:

reading todays northern argus it sounds as though lower north got up in a tight game and head straight into next weekends gf
happyhawk
Rookie

Postby OnSong » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:39 am

happyhawk wrote:
Hazbeen wrote:

reading todays northern argus it sounds as though lower north got up in a tight game and head straight into next weekends gf

Yep. Lucky to get away with that one. Will certainly need to lift on March 27.

Jones' bowling spell on Saturday was very quick. Haven't seen bowling that fast for a while and gee whiz he got the ball to jag around. Finished with 0/14 from 9 overs.
OnSong
Coach

Postby OnSong » Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:42 am

Clare also snuck over the line against Auburn/Mintaro in the last over of the game. Remarkably close games on the weekend.
OnSong
Coach

Postby OnSong » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:34 am

Seymon was all over the Auburn bowlers. Made 92. Norman 94 I think, outstanding season by him.

If you want to see a classy quick in action, Clare v Long Plains at Sevenhill this weekend.

Brad Jones is well worth a look from behind the bowler's arm.
OnSong
Coach

Postby happyhawk » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:47 am

OnSong wrote:

Seymon was all over the Auburn bowlers. Made 92. Norman 94 I think, outstanding season by him.

If you want to see a classy quick in action, Clare v Long Plains at Sevenhill this weekend.

yeh apparently seymon bombed some huge sixes. might get up there this week to see jones first hand, its great to be quick but if he moves them around like ive heard then he is something else to face. apparently clares batting is pretty strong so it will be an interesting game. disappointed auburn are out, was hoping to watch them this week as im good mates with a lot of the boys. sounds like they will be pretty depleted next year.
happyhawk
Rookie

Postby OnSong » Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:00 am

happyhawk wrote:
OnSong wrote:

yeh apparently seymon bombed some huge sixes. might get up there this week to see jones first hand, its great to be quick but if he moves them around like ive heard then he is something else to face. apparently clares batting is pretty strong so it will be an interesting game. disappointed auburn are out, was hoping to watch them this week as im good mates with a lot of the boys. sounds like they will be pretty depleted next year.

I reckon they put together a pretty good team to give it a real crack this season as they weren't much chop last season.

Probably unlucky to go out in fourth but it was pretty even from first to fifth this year (including Brinky). The Bullants are a good bunch of lads.
OnSong
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps