Great Southern Cricket Association

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Great Southern Cricket Association 2011/12

Postby Z-mac » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:55 am

The Neck Breather wrote:
Richard Chee Quee wrote:looking forward to seeing nummy face butler moulesy this week on the turf. with the weather the way it is, should be a hard and fast deck. very receptive to a bit of board room music. bring your lid zander! :lol: :-t

Dont think we will see Nummy getting on the front foot to often... i heard those 2 lads have been bowling very quick in the nets... Also, i looked at the side that the bays selected for tomorrow & noticed an unfamiliar name... Sam Hoffman? new recruit? any info on him Richard Chee Quee?

Dont worry, Num bats at 8! Somtimes you have to hide yourself down the order
Z-mac
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Tony » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:23 am

Why do you guy,s always pick on the little kid!!! :butthead:

Spoke too Zander during the week and they have a "its time to step up ' youth policy at the mount this year!!! Same OLD same ..OLD,s cant go forever!! Didnt Num open the batting though against the bays in the final last year?? Hiding at ..number 1..

He said he,s liking batting at 7 or 8 just like D. Wenham has since colts..!!! :lol: Was a bit disturbing when taking guard against McLaren,s to be called Cam Lintern though :-o

Ok bye for now, good to see we are over that TOPIC ABOUT THE SOUTHERN CLUBS...MOVING ON NICE!!!! No more neg,s...

Stay solid folks!!!!
Tony
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Mt Compass

Postby smac » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:10 pm

Season so far has been recapped and is now online:

http://wickettowicket.com.au/2011/11/05 ... p-to-date/
smac
Coach

Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Faramir » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:08 am

^ procrastination in its highest element! haha
Faramir
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Yankalilla

Postby the red baron » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:25 pm

Richard Chee Quee wrote:looking forward to seeing nummy face butler moulesy this week on the turf. with the weather the way it is, should be a hard and fast deck. very receptive to a bit of board room music. bring your lid zander! :lol: :-t
Did the little man cop any heat from the two tearaways, one wicket between butler and moules suggests it was a pretty flat track.!
the red baron
Under 18s

Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Gumeracha

Postby Dave Warner Jr » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:39 pm

You gotta pitch it up first to get a wicket????
Dave Warner Jr
Mini-League

Postby WestIndiesWonder24 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:12 pm

McLaren Districts put up a great effort yesterday in the 20/20 district game.

Went on to beat K.I in the first game, easily accounting for the Hog Bay lads by around 100 runs

Then went down in the afternoon match by around 20 runs to flagstaff hill chasing 180

great day and a good effort by the McLaren lads representing the league.
WestIndiesWonder24
League - Top 5

Grassroots Team: United Aboriginal

Postby Richard Chee Quee » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:10 pm

the red baron wrote:
Did the little man cop any heat from the two tearaways, one wicket between butler and moules suggests it was a pretty flat track.!

nah he didnt get to face either of them. butler bowled well and put many past the bat early, unlucky not to get a few more wickets really. az got caught in no mans land a bit. not short enough to cause the batsmen trouble and not quite full enough on the turf. connor was the only bloke to really score freely and looked comfortable. overall and hoffman managed to tie up their ends pretty well giving up about 6/60 from about 30 odd overs between them
Richard Chee Quee
Under 16s

Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Wingfield Royals

Postby Richard Chee Quee » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:11 pm

PS: the pitch was a road. hard and flat. the ball was chopped to pieces after about 15 overs. batsman's paradise!!!!!
Richard Chee Quee
Under 16s

Grassroots Team: Wingfield Royals

Postby MrTeach » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:05 pm

This forum has gone extremely quiet, let's ramp it up again.

I will begin by saying that i witnessed first hand one of the best 100's since my time back in the comp on the weekend by a 17year old kid. Chambers from Aldinga batted superbly and if only he had 1 guy to support him then Aldinga would have beat McLarens. The kid batted superbly playing shots all over the ground with exquisite timing. If he can keep his head switched on then this kid "could" be anything.

In the end, the experience of McLarens got them the win but for a while there Chambers almost took it away from them single handedly. Well Done Lad!!!
MrTeach
Under 16s

Postby Offcutter » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:28 pm

Yep, well said Teach. Maybe a little bittersweet for the Shark A graders though. With only 10 bats on the day, it certainly cost them any chance of a victory. Their season now on a knife-edge, zip/3.

Coincidentally, their B Grade is flying, with Jolly bullying another B Grade attack on the weekend. Their A Grade would have killed for an extra bat at the Vale. Wonder whether it was all smiles back at Shark Park on Saturday night? The second time this season, that whilst the opposition B Grade attack was getting plundered, the A grade was suffering a loss?

A Chucka? Thoughts?
Offcutter
Rookie

Postby the red baron » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:06 pm

you would have to ask what the selection process it at the sharks? from an outsider it doesnt look like they are always picking the strongest possible A grade. two years ago they nearly won the A grade flag but not many of those players seem to be around. where are garrards x2 , wood, parkinson , millar ,sanders etc. who is the club captain / coach down there or is it on rotation?
the red baron
Under 18s

Grassroots Team: Gumeracha

Postby Offcutter » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:32 pm

In fairness to the Sharks, they do have a lot missing. In talking to the lads on Saturday, B Garrard working (interstate I believe), R Garrard knee, Millar / Wood / Parkinson, don't know.

My post was more about the guy beating up on B Grade attacks, whilst the young guys try and win A Grade games for their club, more than having a go at the club itself. Only having 10 bats on Saturday was a result of the guy who was to be the sub being injured, as opposed to being unorganised, etc.

But I know if I went back to my club as someone in the A Grade, having narrowly lost, and still winless, I don't know whether I'd be too rapt for a guy who made his second ton for the year in the B's. Guess B Grade tropies mean more to some than others.
Offcutter
Rookie

Postby Jelom19 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:04 pm

Offcutter wrote:In fairness to the Sharks, they do have a lot missing. In talking to the lads on Saturday, B Garrard working (interstate I believe), R Garrard knee, Millar / Wood / Parkinson, don't know.

My post was more about the guy beating up on B Grade attacks, whilst the young guys try and win A Grade games for their club, more than having a go at the club itself. Only having 10 bats on Saturday was a result of the guy who was to be the sub being injured, as opposed to being unorganised, etc.

But I know if I went back to my club as someone in the A Grade, having narrowly lost, and still winless, I don't know whether I'd be too rapt for a guy who made his second ton for the year in the B's. Guess B Grade tropies mean more to some than others.

I think you will find that Parkinson and Wood have been in the "c" grade team along with Richardson and Deadman(from McLaren Dist) now that is depth at a cricket club :-?
Jelom19
Rookie

Postby sherminator » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:07 pm

Aldinga seem to be in a funny sort of situation. I've heard that Parko is playing in the lower grades as he felt he wasn't fit enough to be playing A grade and didn't want to captain the side. As for Woody ... who knows why he is playing so low. He has always had heaps of potential and should be one of the better allrounders going around. A quick look at mycricket shows neither player is setting the world alight in the lower grades.

As for Jolly ...... that is a different situation.

I only remember him playing 1 A grade game at McLarens in which he belted 80 odd against Compass in a one-dayer. Is the reason he is not playing A grade at the Sharks the same reason he wasn't playing A's at McLarens?
sherminator
Under 16s

Grassroots Team: Olympic Dam

Postby sherminator » Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:13 pm

the red baron wrote:you would have to ask what the selection process it at the sharks? from an outsider it doesnt look like they are always picking the strongest possible A grade. two years ago they nearly won the A grade flag but not many of those players seem to be around. where are garrards x2 , wood, parkinson , millar ,sanders etc. who is the club captain / coach down there or is it on rotation?

I see Matt Groves was skippering the A's on Saturday Red Baron. I know he was heavily influenced and mentored by the great Simon Binns during his illustrious reign at Shark Park. I'm sure he would have picked up a few tips over those years .....
sherminator
Under 16s

Postby Jimmy Recard » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:22 am

sherminator wrote:Aldinga seem to be in a funny sort of situation. I've heard that Parko is playing in the lower grades as he felt he wasn't fit enough to be playing A grade and didn't want to captain the side. As for Woody ... who knows why he is playing so low. He has always had heaps of potential and should be one of the better allrounders going around. A quick look at mycricket shows neither player is setting the world alight in the lower grades.

As for Jolly ...... that is a different situation.

I only remember him playing 1 A grade game at McLarens in which he belted 80 odd against Compass in a one-dayer. Is the reason he is not playing A grade at the Sharks the same reason he wasn't playing A's at McLarens?

Avg of 80 in A grade... how come he only played the 1 game sherm?
The greats weren't great because at birth they could paint,
The greats were great because they paint a lot.
Jimmy Recard
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Willunga

Postby sherminator » Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:00 pm

No idea Jimmy! I know he was a late replacement for JI that day. I was hoping one of the McLarens lads could shed some light.
sherminator
Under 16s

Postby Luke15 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:37 pm

sherminator wrote:No idea Jimmy! I know he was a late replacement for JI that day. I was hoping one of the McLarens lads could shed some light.

Rarely trained. Never wanted to play up in the A's when picked, always making some sort of excuse. Had discipline issues also.
Much more to add their, im sure a few others can add something to that!

I wonder what is the deal down at Shark Park with him??
Luke15
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 18 times

Postby Offcutter » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:28 am

sherminator wrote:No idea Jimmy! I know he was a late replacement for JI that day. I was hoping one of the McLarens lads could shed some light.

Didn't like the captain.
Offcutter
Rookie

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps