best sledge ya ever heard

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: best sledge ya ever heard

Postby norm11 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:01 pm

Bowler to batsman it's red and it's round , after taking a couple of big swings at two balls the next ball went for six and the batsman followed it up with it's red and it's round and its over there stupid.
Back to the creek it is.
norm11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 470 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby Jimmy » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:20 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:Jimmy, you'll be interested to know he was inducted with 21 others into the Trinity College sporting hall of fame on Friday night.

Haha, to be honest, wouldn't be a terrible hof...ryan Harris, a couple of footy players too...tc has produced a few good sportsmen, although they learned their craft outside school sports ;)

I think the term 'hall of fame' gets thrown around a bit too much lol ;)
Carn the blues!!!!!
Jimmy
Coach

Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby SUNS » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:26 pm

Jimmy wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:Jimmy, you'll be interested to know he was inducted with 21 others into the Trinity College sporting hall of fame on Friday night.

Haha, to be honest, wouldn't be a terrible hof...ryan Harris, a couple of footy players too...tc has produced a few good sportsmen, although they learned their craft outside school sports ;)

T.C Havent produced any of their sportsmen/women. They learnt and perfected their crafts elsewhere then when T.C realized how good they are they stop them from playing for their club and FORCE them to play for the school or are threatened with being expelled. This is fact as it happened to my own lads. Ask Brad Symes father what he thinks of the College and their forced sporting policy.

As for T.C Hall Of Fame i agree the use of the term H.O.F is thrown around way to much.
SUNS
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Jimmy » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:30 am

SUNS wrote:
Jimmy wrote:

T.C Havent produced any of their sportsmen/women. They learnt and perfected their crafts elsewhere then when T.C realized how good they are they stop them from playing for their club and FORCE them to play for the school or are threatened with being expelled. This is fact as it happened to my own lads. Ask Brad Symes father what he thinks of the College and their forced sporting policy.

As for T.C Hall Of Fame i agree the use of the term H.O.F is thrown around way to much.

Mate, I agree, I was being too kind. I started at tc blakeview in 91 and when I got to my later years at school, they forced my mates and me to play first XI. We were all playing at the ships and some others at Salisbury. I resisted as much I could but the year that the ships merged with Salisbury, I didn't like the new set up and just played school. I coached cricket and had symes younger bro in my team and knew the feelings they had for the school system as I felt the same.
Carn the blues!!!!!
Jimmy
Coach

Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby Ripdschitlaz » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:06 am

If he keeps batting like this, he'll grow a set of tits.
Ripdschitlaz
Under 16s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby Sky Pilot » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:41 am

A very good one I heard in the last (English) summer involved a person who used to open the bowling at a County Club but now plays elsewhere.

He was bowling at an opening bat who was about 18 (he himself is 31). The third ball of the match comes down and the youth smacks it to the boundary followed by the comment "Is that the best you can do ...... Grandad!"

A couple of yards go on the run up and he steams in. First ball past the nose, next one makes an unholy mess of the wicket. He eyeballs the batsman, points to the pavilion and announces "It's over there, and don't use all the hot water."
People who bought this book also bought a stool and some rope. Unknown literary critic
Sky Pilot
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: BMW

Postby dark & stormy » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:18 am

merv hughes bowling to the late hanse cronje , first ball 4, second ball 2, third ball 4, merv getting angrier and starts swearing , 4th ball 4 , merv goes all the way to hanse and drops a ripper of a fart and says hit that for 4, 5th ball bowled.
hanse says at end of match interview that he was laughing so hard that he didnt even see merv bowl the 5th ball.
dark & stormy
Reserves

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 4 times

Postby RyderCourtney » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:30 pm

Loved this one from Warnie to Scott Muller on debut 'can't bowl, can't throw' ;) We all know it was Warnie, haha
RyderCourtney
Under 16s

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 0 time

Postby The Bowler » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:47 am

I heard about this one from the Great Southern Comp.
After bowling the opening batsman, the opening bowler ran up to the batsman and yelled " you go back and tell your mates I'm going to rip though you all".
The next bloke came in and was bowled a few balls later, to which the bowler ran up to him and yelled, "didn't he ********* tell ya"!
The Bowler

Postby Smashed Crab » Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:57 am

The Bowler wrote:I heard about this one from the Great Southern Comp.
After bowling the opening batsman, the opening bowler ran up to the batsman and yelled " you go back and tell your mates I'm going to rip though you all".
The next bloke came in and was bowled a few balls later, to which the bowler ran up to him and yelled, "didn't he ********* tell ya"!

Sounds a bit like the 'Ice Man' Braidwood in his hey day 10 years ago. Would regularly sledge the batsmen and more often than not get them out shortly after.
Smashed Crab
Rookie

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 46 times

Postby FroffiesMcVeigh » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:22 am

The best one my old man ever told me about was in the 70's.

Rod Marsh to Ian Botham: "How's your wife and my kids?"
to which Botham replied: "Wife's fine, Kids are retarded"

BRILLIANT!
FroffiesMcVeigh
Under 18s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 22 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury North

Postby Power From Port » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:05 pm

Some Sledges and Special Comments i've heard throughout the year

Dot balls are like Fat Chicks they all count. :shock: