List of players I don't have a date of birth for

Anything to do with the history of the SANFL

Re: List of players I don't have a date of birth for

Postby spell_check » Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:59 pm

robranisgod wrote:I am being a little anal, but Max Brooks wasn't a premiership player for West Adelaide. He was emergency in 1961, He was 81 when he died, so his birth year was around 1941.

It must be Peter Phipps then. I might have got Brooks from the 1993 Year Book (as that lists Brooks on the bench), but picking up another one (1980), it has Phipps. But I only have a DOD for Phipps too (11/3/2019).
spell_check
Coach

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 178 times

Re: List of players I don't have a date of birth for

Postby robranisgod » Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:08 pm

spell_check wrote:
robranisgod wrote:I am being a little anal, but Max Brooks wasn't a premiership player for West Adelaide. He was emergency in 1961, He was 81 when he died, so his birth year was around 1941.

It must be Peter Phipps then. I might have got Brooks from the 1993 Year Book (as that lists Brooks on the bench), but picking up another one (1980), it has Phipps. But I only have a DOD for Phipps too (11/3/2019).

Phipps was definitely on the bench. He came on in the second quarter when Jeff Bray left the field with injury. Tommy Shrubsole was the other reserve and he came onto the field in the last quarter.
robranisgod
League - Best 21

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 230 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders University

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL History Forum