Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Best Bets? Talking Odds? This is the place.

Re: Horse Racing Tips & Discussion

Postby OnSong » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:42 pm

Bum Crack wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Now that's a win WOW!

Wowee. That was strange watching that race.

I'll get a photo of it but I've thrown it in the bin, had 11 in my boxed F4 for 3 per cent.

Left 7 & 9 out though. So kinda close but not really. Was listening to the place getters with great INTENSITY.

Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 538 times
Been liked: 560 times

Postby OnSong » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:59 pm

Here's my heart stopper. Geez that could have been interesting.
Attachments
14962420_10210338016823490_1300788996_n.jpg
14962420_10210338016823490_1300788996_n.jpg (66.69 KiB) Viewed 1104 times
OnSong
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:03 pm

I love wins like that, fairytale type wins
Last edited by Brodlach on Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4217 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:40 pm

Thank **** for Race 6 or I would have lost a bomb today
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 728 times
Been liked: 1087 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby LPH » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:18 am

5/ 11/ 2016

The Final Day of the VRC Carnival – Stakes Day (well, McKinnon Stakes, as previously its been a Mile race, now a Mile & a 1/4). Confused as to why they didn’t keep the 1600m race as the ‘Emirates Stakes’ & keep the 2000m race as the McKinnon. Could’ve finished the Carnival running both 2 x Group 1s, instead of 1.

What a race that Oaks was!
In a ‘round about way, I sought of pre-empted it with the Whobegotyou analogy – wish I’d acted on it! Was happy with Elenora’s run, she did all the chasing & to finish 3rd was a good run.

Anyway, to the Preview, the final one for the Spring – “Hazar” I hear you all cheer!
Its been a reasonable Spring, hopefully we can finish off with a couple of value winners this week.

Flemington Race 7 – The Emirates (McKinnon)

Scottish’s run in the Caulfield Cup was really good (what a Spring Kerrin McEvoy has had – he appears to be riding better than ever having been replaced by McDonald at Darley/Goldophin). He gets off to ride The United States, which runs for the 3rd week on the trot. He’s suited at WFA but I am prepared to risk him in this race – particularly at the short quote. Besides, no one wants to see Lloyd Williams win another one, do they?

The way Shane Dye was ‘banging on’ Thursday, about the track bias & the inside being the ‘fast lane’ – one would assume the Rail might be moved out (in the straight at least).

Palentino loves racing here, although I thought he was disappointing last week so not sure about him – think he’s under the odds here (based on that run last week). Vanburgh ran really well beating a good one last start in Tom Melbourne (who ran a bold race to just go down in the Lexus) but that wasn’t at WFA - & his stats are much better in Handicap races – prepared to concede a PLACE chance in the race but don’t think he can win. That said, 3 yr olds always have an advantage in WFA races & I want to back Good Standing 1 x 5 Units. Just think this year’s Norman Robinson is one ‘out of the box’ – if you saw the finish of the Derby, Inference’s 3rd & the winner, suggest that’s good form.

Generally, I don’t like them coming back in distance, but with the huge 6kg weight drop, he might be able to get away with leading all the way & will give them something to chase. He’ll do me, took the Boosted $15 with Ladbrokes & the $3.80 the Place. Waiting for $4.00 the PLACE if I can get it, as I’ll load more on.

Box Trifecta: 2, 3, 6, 7, 9, 12

Flemington Race 6 – The Matriarch

Real Love’s run in the Caulfield Cup was full of merit considering the way the race was run & TBH, I expected her to run better in the Lexus last Saturday – disappointing IMHO. Can she back up this week? I’m prepared to risk her but concede a Place chance & should she get out to $3.80 to $4 the PLACE, then I can entertain a PLACE Bet on her.

Amarela did the right thing getting up for 3rd on Tuesday, but she peaked on her run when looming into the fray at about the 150m mark, just hanging on for the place. Dunn in the seat will help, but I am prepared to risk her in this race.

Denmagic was wonderful for us last week, although I think Corona might still be kicking himself not getting the $13 the Place! That run was good but backing up 7 days later & into $6 the win? I can’t have her here, but she will always be a favourite with me after last week!

The one I want to back is No. 16 Happy Hannah - & she’s had support. The gate is a concern, but she’ll go straight to the back of the field & the way she finished off her last race, I can see ‘the Man in Form’ Kerrin McEvoy, bringing her down the outside with a sweeping run.

The Powered Odds (Thursday night) of $15 were juicy & I’ve taken the $4 PLACE on Ladbrokes. I’d be surprised if she doesn’t give a good account of herself & I’m happy to gamble on her, 1 x 5 Units.

Box Trifecta: 1, 6, 9, 10, 12, 16

Flemington Race 8 – The Darley Classic

Lankan Rupee was really unlucky at Caulfield over the 5 furlongs, just couldn’t get out in time when he needed to – although I may be talking through my wallet (having backed him on the Day), he should’ve won that race IMHO. :roll:

He likes the ‘straight six’ & I reckon he’ll be back to his best.
Great 2nd Up record & from the middle of the field in Gate 7, ‘Froggy’ has a number of options where to put him in the run. I’m worried about Malaquerra & The Newmarket winner The Quarterback needs to be respected, but I’m backing Lankan Rupee to do the job. Backing him 7 x 3 Units here – the $2.50 the Place on UBET is way overs IMHO. Quinella: 1, 6, 7 for 5 Units.

Box Trifecta: 1, 3, 6, 7, 11

Flemington Race 4 – The Hilton Stakes

Keen on one at a Price here – No. 8 Crafted. 8)
I know he’s a Maiden but he was beaten by a good one last start & I just reckon he’s been set for a ‘hit & run’ mission here.
Good gate & McEvoy in the seat (as stated – he’s been on fire this Spring) & drops 2 kgs on the Mooney Valley run. Think he’ll be midfield, 1 out with nice cover. If McEvoy can manage to find a gap, or another runner to follow through into the race by the 200m, he might be the one here. Happy to take the Powered Odds of $22 & took the Ladbrokes $5.20 Place as well (nice PLACE price) – 1 x 5 Units.

So there it is Lads, the last Preview until Autumn.

Thanks for indulging me :D – hopefully you’ve managed to back a few of the well priced runners I’ve backed this Spring 8) . Am going to the 3-Day Event Cross-Country tomorrow – actually looking forward to it. Will be watching races on my phone during the day, as well as listening to the Cricket on the Radio.

Enjoy the Day, Lads.
Cheers.
Stephen Trigg & Rob Chapman are SA Football Patriots
LPH
League - Best 21

Has liked: 541 times
Been liked: 326 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:07 am

Again another mad morning of doing the form for a tipping comp I'm in before golf..

Melbourne
1-1
2-13
3-2
4-12
5-14
6-12
7-3
8-9
9-9

Sydney
1-2
2-1
3-3
4-3
5-2
6-1
7-7
8-6
9-5

Studied form for Melbourne but only checked market moves for Sydney.

My one definite bet of the day is Alaskan Rose at Flemington
Big odds, big track suits.
Gets back and will sit home.
Only slight concern is that it hasn't won beyond 1400m and today is 2000m but I don't have major issues with her on that.
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11947 times
Been liked: 3643 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:59 pm

MR
5 5
6 15
7 3
8 3
9 8

I've got all sorts of exotics on R7, 8 & 9

Good luck all
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:07 pm

FFS, Jessy belle jumped out at me this morning, did well last spring and mares have a habit of performing like that.

Alaskan Rose absolutely no luck at all
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:12 pm

Beaten on the line in the first two bets but had them ew
Now to the big stuff.
I've backed them all individually but also in the exotics
I need 2 to win or better still all 3
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby LPH » Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:09 pm

Shite Day...
LPH
League - Best 21

Postby LPH » Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:14 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:FFS, Jessy belle jumped out at me this morning, did well last spring and mares have a habit of performing like that.

Can't catch her! - backed Alaskan Rose late... Grrr
LPH
League - Best 21

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:16 pm

You put the mockers on her....FFS no Xmas card for you!!

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby JK » Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:08 am

LPH wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:FFS, Jessy belle jumped out at me this morning, did well last spring and mares have a habit of performing like that.

Can't catch her! - backed Alaskan Rose late... Grrr

Yep same re: Jessy Belle .. Was a day of what could have been, with Cao Cao not getting out early enough in the 1st and Speith needing just the one more stride. Thankf ark the carnival is over!!
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4466 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby OnSong » Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:41 am

Playing this song while burning my tickets...

OnSong
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:51 am

Could not back a winner at Flemington the first three days, the interstate meetings kept me alive.

Had a good day at Flemington Saturday and absolutly zero winners at the interstate meetings.

:o :o :o
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4217 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:52 am

Capitalist retired
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby Spargo » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:24 am

The Doomben 10,000 in danger of being canned.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5549 times
Been liked: 5175 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby helicopterking » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:25 am

Spargo wrote:The Doomben 10,000 in danger of being canned.

Moved to Eagle Farm.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 670 times

Postby Computer Crashed » Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:58 pm

LPH wrote:5/ 11/ 2016

The Final Day of the VRC Carnival – Stakes Day (well, McKinnon Stakes, as previously its been a Mile race, now a Mile & a 1/4). Confused as to why they didn’t keep the 1600m race as the ‘Emirates Stakes’ & keep the 2000m race as the McKinnon. Could’ve finished the Carnival running both 2 x Group 1s, instead of 1.

What a race that Oaks was!
In a ‘round about way, I sought of pre-empted it with the Whobegotyou analogy – wish I’d acted on it! Was happy with Elenora’s run, she did all the chasing & to finish 3rd was a good run.

Anyway, to the Preview, the final one for the Spring – “Hazar” I hear you all cheer!
Its been a reasonable Spring, hopefully we can finish off with a couple of value winners this week.

Flemington Race 7 – The Emirates (McKinnon)

Scottish’s run in the Caulfield Cup was really good (what a Spring Kerrin McEvoy has had – he appears to be riding better than ever having been replaced by McDonald at Darley/Goldophin). He gets off to ride The United States, which runs for the 3rd week on the trot. He’s suited at WFA but I am prepared to risk him in this race – particularly at the short quote. Besides, no one wants to see Lloyd Williams win another one, do they?

The way Shane Dye was ‘banging on’ Thursday, about the track bias & the inside being the ‘fast lane’ – one would assume the Rail might be moved out (in the straight at least).

Palentino loves racing here, although I thought he was disappointing last week so not sure about him – think he’s under the odds here (based on that run last week). Vanburgh ran really well beating a good one last start in Tom Melbourne (who ran a bold race to just go down in the Lexus) but that wasn’t at WFA - & his stats are much better in Handicap races – prepared to concede a PLACE chance in the race but don’t think he can win. That said, 3 yr olds always have an advantage in WFA races & I want to back Good Standing 1 x 5 Units. Just think this year’s Norman Robinson is one ‘out of the box’ – if you saw the finish of the Derby, Inference’s 3rd & the winner, suggest that’s good form.

Generally, I don’t like them coming back in distance, but with the huge 6kg weight drop, he might be able to get away with leading all the way & will give them something to chase. He’ll do me, took the Boosted $15 with Ladbrokes & the $3.80 the Place. Waiting for $4.00 the PLACE if I can get it, as I’ll load more on.

Box Trifecta: 2, 3, 6, 7, 9, 12

Flemington Race 6 – The Matriarch

Real Love’s run in the Caulfield Cup was full of merit considering the way the race was run & TBH, I expected her to run better in the Lexus last Saturday – disappointing IMHO. Can she back up this week? I’m prepared to risk her but concede a Place chance & should she get out to $3.80 to $4 the PLACE, then I can entertain a PLACE Bet on her.

Amarela did the right thing getting up for 3rd on Tuesday, but she peaked on her run when looming into the fray at about the 150m mark, just hanging on for the place. Dunn in the seat will help, but I am prepared to risk her in this race.

Denmagic was wonderful for us last week, although I think Corona might still be kicking himself not getting the $13 the Place! That run was good but backing up 7 days later & into $6 the win? I can’t have her here, but she will always be a favourite with me after last week!

The one I want to back is No. 16 Happy Hannah - & she’s had support. The gate is a concern, but she’ll go straight to the back of the field & the way she finished off her last race, I can see ‘the Man in Form’ Kerrin McEvoy, bringing her down the outside with a sweeping run.

The Powered Odds (Thursday night) of $15 were juicy & I’ve taken the $4 PLACE on Ladbrokes. I’d be surprised if she doesn’t give a good account of herself & I’m happy to gamble on her, 1 x 5 Units.

Box Trifecta: 1, 6, 9, 10, 12, 16

Flemington Race 8 – The Darley Classic

Lankan Rupee was really unlucky at Caulfield over the 5 furlongs, just couldn’t get out in time when he needed to – although I may be talking through my wallet (having backed him on the Day), he should’ve won that race IMHO. :roll:

He likes the ‘straight six’ & I reckon he’ll be back to his best.
Great 2nd Up record & from the middle of the field in Gate 7, ‘Froggy’ has a number of options where to put him in the run. I’m worried about Malaquerra & The Newmarket winner The Quarterback needs to be respected, but I’m backing Lankan Rupee to do the job. Backing him 7 x 3 Units here – the $2.50 the Place on UBET is way overs IMHO. Quinella: 1, 6, 7 for 5 Units.

Box Trifecta: 1, 3, 6, 7, 11

Flemington Race 4 – The Hilton Stakes

Keen on one at a Price here – No. 8 Crafted. 8)
I know he’s a Maiden but he was beaten by a good one last start & I just reckon he’s been set for a ‘hit & run’ mission here.
Good gate & McEvoy in the seat (as stated – he’s been on fire this Spring) & drops 2 kgs on the Mooney Valley run. Think he’ll be midfield, 1 out with nice cover. If McEvoy can manage to find a gap, or another runner to follow through into the race by the 200m, he might be the one here. Happy to take the Powered Odds of $22 & took the Ladbrokes $5.20 Place as well (nice PLACE price) – 1 x 5 Units.

So there it is Lads, the last Preview until Autumn.

Thanks for indulging me :D – hopefully you’ve managed to back a few of the well priced runners I’ve backed this Spring 8) . Am going to the 3-Day Event Cross-Country tomorrow – actually looking forward to it. Will be watching races on my phone during the day, as well as listening to the Cricket on the Radio.

Enjoy the Day, Lads.
Cheers.

Horses are set for races.
If they are running in after thoughts then it's a punters nightmare hoping they can get the Chockies.
Just my opinion.
Love your write ups though.
Doesn't matter if they win in Wagga or Wodonga as long as your on em.
I seriously find the spring carnival a nightmare to pick winners, although I did have 20/30 on the cup winner thankfully.
Love the country Syd racing.
Combinations of jockeys and trainers and jockeys jumping off or on other horses can lead you in the right direction.
Watching what goes on and getting use to the regular riders to trainers is a great lead.
Might only lead you to one or two winners per meet or even none if there is nothing to go by.
Punters must have patience to be successful.
Computer Crashed
Reserves

Has liked: 213 times
Been liked: 124 times
Grassroots Team: Moonta

Postby Booney » Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:03 pm

The Age is reporting that a horse trained by Chris Waller has returned an initial positive test to methamphetamine.

The trainer of Winx could face a stewards' inquiry if it is confirmed by a second sample.

"We are working through the possibility of a positive sample to ice from one of our horses," Waller said.

"It is an issue we want to get on the front foot with and we have tested our staff to try and find how this happened.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7527 times
Been liked: 10836 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  The Gambling Room