Morphetville bookmakers

Best Bets? Talking Odds? This is the place.

Re: Morphetville bookmakers

Postby Westsider » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:10 am

How can Wowbet and BetEzy both be the biggest 100% Australian owned bookmaker?
Westsider
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Mr_Willy » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:19 am

Westsider wrote:How can Wowbet and BetEzy both be the biggest 100% Australian owned bookmaker?

Betezy claims to be.... they have a million affiliates that all run under the same banner.... if you have an account with one, you can log on to any of them!
Mr_Willy
Coach

Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby Westsider » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:31 am

Mr_Willy wrote:
Westsider wrote:How can Wowbet and BetEzy both be the biggest 100% Australian owned bookmaker?

Betezy claims to be.... they have a million affiliates that all run under the same banner.... if you have an account with one, you can log on to any of them!

Dodgy. Guess all the odds are the same too.
Westsider
League - Best 21

Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Freo HeaveHo » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:18 pm

Mr_Willy wrote:
overloaded wrote:I am in a syndicate putting in an offer to by WOWBET ,

Anyone know much about it>

Can you look at it and give me your thoughts?

Its linked to Betezy.... Also does all of the AFL teams betting websites and dynabet....

IMHO one of the worst betting agencies out there is Betezy.... They only process withdrawals once a week... Don't allow for multiples or all ups on the racing betting.... VERY SLOW to pay out on a lot of markets - although they do pay out a lot of the time on racing even before the correct weight is given...

Perhaps if your syndicate buys it they can sort it out a bit, although I would imagine it would stay under the Betezy banner and keep offering some ordinary services...

Spot on .... I've been with Betezy for probably 6 years. Rarely use my account now. Everytime you want to withdraw you have to lodge a request form and ID in which most the time they argue that your missing something, it's not legible . Your ID scan isn't clear. Anything not to pay out. It's a joke. Happy to take your money tho
Freo HeaveHo
Reserves

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 14 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:23 pm

im glad i dont have an account with them if their service is that poor
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11986 times
Been liked: 3659 times

Postby stampy » Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:43 pm

Sheik Yerbouti wrote:
stampy wrote:nothing inspires me to go to the track anymore so i dont need that info thanks shieky
overloaded wrote:Easy up sheik, dont try and make excuses for them, there is a reason why the average punter will not punt with them. They are weak! AND OFFER F@#$ ALL COMPARED TO THE CORPORATES

With only going to 3 meets in 3 years myself, I do sympathise & agree with the above quotes.
2010 Cox Plate day Syd McDonald was fielding in the corporate tent area & bet all day at 180%, Syd being an old adversary of mine when he was laying the excess cash off for the Robertsons that they couldn't get on in the grandstand & I was running the fluctuations from the rails to the derby books. I gave him the hint that not everyone there was mathematically retarded, wasn't appreciated.
I do hold a bit of a romantic outlook on the bookies having grown up sitting on my Grandfathers (& later Dads) stands in the flat for the Saturday races & then the Wayville trots when it was 6 rows deep & the TAB was just used for such exiting exotics as quinellas.
The old man fielded the trots till the mid 70's when the 'gang of 6' under the blind eye of the then Globe Derby head administrator would decide whose turn it was to win that week. Even back then 70% of the money would be educated & unless you made a sole living from bookmaking & had stable links it was near impossible to make a quid, Dad quit when he saw it coming, others didn't & lost the lot. He then worked on the bag until the computer age when it become extinct.
Even in the early 80's when the Robertsons & Manuels would set off a big plunge with an army of punters hitting the books simultaneously (a thing of beauty when pulled off right) the bookies could still get a bit back because the ring was strong due to no web or phone betting & the big punters only had the bookies to bet with the big bucks.
How the hell they can make a quid with the corporates & their specials, sky channel & pubs keeping the general public at Bay & the lack of 'laying off' big bets when the number of books willing to take the bets is dwindling is beyond me, & that's Saturday metro meets, let alone pissant mid week trots or dog meetings with only 2 bookies fielding.
In the long run, there will be no on course bookmakers, unless their either given tax or running costs let ups or other betting options not allowed at the moment.
Face it though, won't it be a sad day when you can't scan the bookies for a price & get that little thrill when you've got the 9/4 & the flucs come over at 7/4, you can't tell me that collecting off a bookie is heads & tails better than an increased account when you log on 'my balance' or collecting off of a faceless keyboard operator? Bookies are a part & parcel of a day at the races so I reckon your being a tad harsh on the blokes who still are brave enough to show some balls & write a book in this current climate.

good stuff there sheiky
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 338 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Previous

Board index   General Talk  The Gambling Room