Port Adelaide 2023

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2023

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Sat Aug 19, 2023 12:18 am

Vamos wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:Be interesting when port play Brisbane first final. Don't want to be playing the Bulldogs or Carlton the following week in Adelaide and go put out in straight sets. 3rd place is a bad spot if u playing Brisbane at their fortress.

We'll finish 4th, L-W.

Could still play Brisbane if we finish 4th. Collingwood no certainties to beat the Bombers next week, so Lions could pinch top spot. Plenty to play out yet.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby daysofourlives » Sat Aug 19, 2023 10:05 am

Bum Crack wrote:Be interesting when port play Brisbane first final. Don't want to be playing the Bulldogs or Carlton the following week in Adelaide and go put out in straight sets. 3rd place is a bad spot if u playing Brisbane at their fortress.

I think it will be Carlton(5th) or Crows (8th), either case its straight sets for Port. Will they stick fat if the Crows knocked them out in the same fashion they have destroyed them both times this year. I could see a Ratten type decision beckoning if that happened and Kochy could ride off into the sunset with him.
If they end up on the 6thv 7th side of the draw they will be fine and we can all be safe in the knowledge Ken will see out the 2 years
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2424 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Vamos » Sat Aug 19, 2023 11:14 am

Too many scenarios still to play out, the only lock I can see is Carlton 5th.
Whoops, there goes another year. Whoops, there goes another pint of beer.
Vamos
League - Top 5

Has liked: 356 times
Been liked: 486 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby stan » Sat Aug 19, 2023 11:43 am

daysofourlives wrote:

I think it will be Carlton(5th) or Crows (8th), either case its straight sets for Port. Will they stick fat if the Crows knocked them out in the same fashion they have destroyed them both times this year. I could see a Ratten type decision beckoning if that happened and Kochy could ride off into the sunset with him.
If they end up on the 6thv 7th side of the draw they will be fine and we can all be safe in the knowledge Ken will see out the 2 years
Mu ladder predictor has the crows finishing 7th. Port probably gets 4th, I can't see then beating Freo over there.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1255 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Vamos » Sun Aug 20, 2023 7:56 pm

Orazio wildcard next week? Worth a look I reckon.
Vamos
League - Top 5

Postby Jim05 » Sun Aug 20, 2023 8:06 pm

Vamos wrote:Orazio wildcard next week? Worth a look I reckon.
He has got through 1 game of SANFL only hasn’t he?
Big risk IMO
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3554 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby DOC » Sun Aug 20, 2023 8:24 pm

If you were picking on yesterdays SANFL match then Narkle was Ports best of the AFL players . Bonner pretty good but very undisciplined twice. Evans looked good as well. Put a line through Teakle.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 736 times
Been liked: 2098 times

Postby Vamos » Sun Aug 20, 2023 8:45 pm

Jim05 wrote:
He has got through 1 game of SANFL only hasn’t he?
Big risk IMO

2 now :lol:

Get a free look at him if Brisbane beat Saints on the Satdee, we finish 3rd or 4th regardless.
Vamos
League - Top 5

Postby Dirty dog » Mon Aug 21, 2023 1:24 pm

I’m with you, I called for it about a month ago and he got injured. Last roll of the dice for his future.
Dirty dog
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 187 times
Grassroots Team: Kadina

Postby Bum Crack » Tue Aug 22, 2023 5:19 pm

Do Port give a few players a rest this week and maybe have a loss and face Collingwood first week of finals rather than Brisbane in Brisbane? Collingwood a bit vulnerable at the moment. I know who I'd rather be playing against to try and earn a home Prelim Final. Yeah yeah, I know it won't happen.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 321 times
Been liked: 894 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Brodlach » Tue Aug 22, 2023 5:20 pm

Bum Crack wrote:Do Port give a few players a rest this week and maybe have a loss and face Collingwood first week of finals rather than Brisbane in Brisbane? Collingwood a bit vulnerable at the moment. I know who I'd rather be playing against to try and earn a home Prelim Final. Yeah yeah, I know it won't happen.

Brisbane will finish top if Collingwood loses and they win
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Eagles2014 » Tue Aug 22, 2023 5:52 pm

Brodlach wrote:
Bum Crack wrote:Do Port give a few players a rest this week and maybe have a loss and face Collingwood first week of finals rather than Brisbane in Brisbane? Collingwood a bit vulnerable at the moment. I know who I'd rather be playing against to try and earn a home Prelim Final. Yeah yeah, I know it won't happen.

Brisbane will finish top if Collingwood loses and they win

You haven’t seen Essendon play lately :shock:
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 126 times
Been liked: 527 times

Postby Jim05 » Tue Aug 22, 2023 5:52 pm

Collingwood have the bye this week.
The Power reserves could also fall out of finals if they rest too many
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3554 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Booney » Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:30 am

Saints might knock Brisbane off this weekend.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7511 times
Been liked: 10806 times

Postby Eagles2014 » Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:03 am

Booney wrote:

Brisbane have not lost at home all year, they won't lose this. Win and they get two home finals, so basically in the Grand Final for mine.
Eagles2014
Veteran

Postby MW » Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:11 am

Eagles2014 wrote:
Booney wrote:

Brisbane have not lost at home all year, they won't lose this. Win and they get two home finals, so basically in the Grand Final for mine.

Yeah just like all the other years they've had two home finals...
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2624 times
Been liked: 1858 times

Postby Eagles2014 » Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:51 am

MW wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:
Booney wrote:

Yeah just like all the other years they've had two home finals...

Sometimes you need to go thru some pain to learn, reckon they are a different outfit this year and get the job done.
Eagles2014
Veteran

Postby DOC » Mon Aug 28, 2023 7:53 pm

Mitch Georgiades offered a 4 year deal.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 736 times
Been liked: 2098 times

Postby Booney » Tue Aug 29, 2023 8:58 am

Houston, Powell-Pepper ( 25 ) Drew, Farrell, Marshall ( 24 ), Rozee ( 23 ), Butters, Duursma ( 22 ), Georgiades, Bergman, Lord ( 21 ), Horne-Francis ( 19 ).

A dozen who will drive us forward into the next 5-8 years.

A forward line of Lord, Marshall and Georgiades for the next 10.

Future is bright down at Alberton.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:05 am

Three-time premiership Lion Jonathan Brown has taken an almighty swipe at the AFL over its finals fixturing and the treatment of one club in particular.

And no, it’s not his beloved Brisbane – but their opponents in week one of the AFL finals, Port Adelaide.

Brisbane, who finished second at the end of the regular season, will host the third-placed Power at the Gabba at 7.25pm AEST on Saturday night in the second qualifying final.

But a curfew at Brisbane Airport then means the South Australian side can’t return home until Sunday and would face a likely six-day turnaround to host its next final if it loses to the Lions.

And it’s not just the reduced recovery time Brown was concerned about for Port.

The 41-year-old former All Australian also feels the decision is based on ratings, opting to put second versus third on prime time on Saturday night, rather than a clash between St Kilda and Greater Western Sydney – who have two of the smaller supporter groups in the AFL.

“I’m happy being a Brisbane supporter playing Saturday night, but I think it’s a bad move by the AFL,” Brown said On the Couch.

“I think Port Adelaide’s been harshly affected. They finished top four, they deserve preferable scheduling.

“They deserve to be back home on Saturday night in their own bed.

“They won’t be able to do that, there’s a curfew out of Brisbane Airport, so they won’t get home until Sunday.

“If they lose, they have to back up essentially six days later. I think that’s poor from the AFL.

“Port Adelaide have earned the right to have a better schedule. That is a big mistake by the AFL.

“They want to go for the ratings. They probably think Brisbane-Port Adelaide is better than St Kilda-GWS on Saturday.”
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL