2022 AFL offseason - trades - draft

Talk on the national game

Re: 2022 AFL offseason - trades - draft

Postby Booney » Fri Nov 11, 2022 9:50 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
PatowalongaPirate wrote:Presser shortly with Gill and Pete the Premier launching Magic Round in SA next year.

6 games will be at AO.

What a joke!!!

Soon every round will represent something and people will sit out with hurt feelings.

Just play the bloody game.

I seen a proposed itinerary that some retired footy player put together, it was ridiculous.

What have you got against magic?

Anti-trickite.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7517 times
Been liked: 10811 times

Postby Spargo » Fri Nov 11, 2022 9:53 am

PatowalongaPirate wrote:It's an extra round of footy that replaces a useless pre-season practice match. I cannot understand the hurt people have over this. Crowies and Porties will still be able to go, and supporters of other clubs get a free hit without having to pay for flights and accomm to see their team play.

Absolutely. Our household is half North half West Coast. Trips to Perth are bloody expensive & it’s rare both teams play in Melbourne the same round. I’ve got schoolmates now living in Victoria that follow North, Geelong, Collingwood, Carlton, Adelaide, Port who will all bring their families over that weekend. Can’t wait.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5517 times
Been liked: 5150 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Nov 11, 2022 9:55 am

Armchair expert wrote:GWS v Freo infront of 7k fans at AO sounds awesome....

They giving away tickets? May aswell play it at Mofflin Reserve.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7942 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Nov 11, 2022 9:58 am

PatowalongaPirate wrote:It's an extra round of footy that replaces a useless pre-season practice match. I cannot understand the hurt people have over this. Crowies and Porties will still be able to go, and supporters of other clubs get a free hit without having to pay for flights and accomm to see their team play.

So each club plays 23 minor round games?

I don't mind the concept so much, there's just no need to name the round IMO.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Nov 11, 2022 9:59 am

Booney wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
PatowalongaPirate wrote:Presser shortly with Gill and Pete the Premier launching Magic Round in SA next year.

6 games will be at AO.

What a joke!!!

Soon every round will represent something and people will sit out with hurt feelings.

I seen a proposed itinerary that some retired footy player put together, it was ridiculous.

What have you got against magic?

It's unbelievable
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:00 am

Spargo wrote:

Absolutely. Our household is half North half West Coast. Trips to Perth are bloody expensive & it’s rare both teams play in Melbourne the same round. I’ve got schoolmates now living in Victoria that follow North, Geelong, Collingwood, Carlton, Adelaide, Port who will all bring their families over that weekend. Can’t wait.

Agree, can't wait to see North play here against someone else other than the SA teams
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2333 times
Been liked: 3562 times

Postby Booney » Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:01 am

Spargo wrote:

If a conservative estimate of 3000 people from each of the 16 non-SA clubs come to the state 48,000 people will be filling our hotels, motels, carvan parks, friends spare bedrooms, restaurants, pubs, tourist destinations.

If the SA government has stumped up the $500k each of the clubs get then it's 100% money well spent.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Eagles2014 » Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:04 am

Dutchy wrote:
Spargo wrote:

Agree, can't wait to see North play here against someone else other than the SA teams

How do you know North won't be one of the two teams to play Adelaide or Port :D

Going to happen to two Clubs :shock:
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 126 times
Been liked: 528 times

Postby Dutchy » Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:06 am

yeah I know, was thinking that when I typed it :lol:
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Brodlach » Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:06 am

Surely Melbourne to play in the Barossa, the cellar door sales will be huge.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4217 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:10 am

Eagles2014 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Spargo wrote:

How do you know North won't be one of the two teams to play Adelaide or Port :D

Going to happen to two Clubs :shock:

Would make sense to play GC and GWS against the local clubs.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 450 times
Been liked: 1221 times

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:11 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Yes.

Season will start Adelaide Cup Weekend. The Monday is also a public holiday in Victoria.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 450 times
Been liked: 1221 times

Postby Booney » Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:19 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

6 games will be at AO.

What a joke!!!

"It needs to have its own life and its on identity."

Officially open for ideas on the name of the new round that will be held in South Australia next year.

:lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Spargo » Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:25 am

Matches at Adelaide Oval on Thursday night, Friday night, double headers on Saturday & Sunday. Remaining matches at suburban grounds & potentially one regional. The Barossa seems to be the front runner, which 2 other local grounds?

Spargo
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:26 am

Spargo wrote:Matches at Adelaide Oval on Thursday night, Friday night, double headers on Saturday & Sunday. Remaining matches at suburban grounds & potentially one regional. The Barossa seems to be the front runner, which 2 other local grounds?

Norwood mentioned and I'd guess Richmond, has hosted AFL pre season matches so the goal posts / coaches boxes have been upgraded and with some portable toilets and food truck could host a crowd close to the city.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Spargo » Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:38 am

Booney wrote:
Spargo wrote:Matches at Adelaide Oval on Thursday night, Friday night, double headers on Saturday & Sunday. Remaining matches at suburban grounds & potentially one regional. The Barossa seems to be the front runner, which 2 other local grounds?

Norwood mentioned and I'd guess Richmond, has hosted AFL pre season matches so the goal posts / coaches boxes have been upgraded and with some portable toilets and food truck could host a crowd close to the city.

I’d hope Glenelg would throw their hat in the ring. Tram from the city, ground will be in great condition, AFL goal posts & upgraded coaches boxes. Plenty of pubs, restaurants, cafes nearby to go to pre/post match…

Spargo
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:40 am

Spargo wrote:
Booney wrote:

I’d hope Glenelg would throw their hat in the ring. Tram from the city, ground will be in great condition, AFL goal posts & upgraded coaches boxes. Plenty of pubs, restaurants, cafes nearby to go to pre/post match…

Cricket pitch maybe an issue for the AFL?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4217 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Spargo » Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:44 am

Brodlach wrote:
Spargo wrote:
Booney wrote:

Cricket pitch maybe an issue for the AFL?

Should be fine by mid April.

Spargo
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:07 am

PatowalongaPirate wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Yes.

Season will start Adelaide Cup Weekend. The Monday is also a public holiday in Victoria.

No worries then, I'll just go find that rock then and crawl back under it.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:11 am

They won't play on anywhere with a cricket pitch, if there are other options without
Dutchy
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL