Round 18 - F#ck knows

Talk on the national game

Re: Round 18 - F#ck knows

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:44 am

locky801 wrote:
am Bays wrote:This Walsh kid goes all right

Imagine the carnage on the train home tonight if Carlton get up on the Heidelberg line…

Smokey for the Brownlow IMO

Dawson?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Re: Round 18 - F#ck knows

Postby Booney » Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:23 pm

mots02 wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
Booney wrote:
Jim05 wrote:I think it’s fairly evident that a few drafts have been busts for the Crows and they are still in for a few more years of pain yet

One step forward, three steps back.

Got some positives out of 2021 but so many negatives. Coach can coach but he's severely limited by an ordinary list. Probably got 10 to 12 to turn over before the build looks to be moving forward. 3 years?
I think they would be rapt if it was 3 years I’m thinking closer to 5
Their best players are still mostly the same old each week and of the 29yo plus range.
Life after Tex, Tahlia, Sloane etc doesn’t look great unless some of these kids take giant strides. At this stage I’d say more misses than hits

I'm not sure you can put a time line on it, 3ish if they make some good decisions / get lucky.

Just look at Carlton to see what can happen if you don't - someone like Murphy came in during a re-build and will end his career still in one.

Some kids I like the look of, but with the lack of depth they are all being pushed up the rung to play roles in the team ahead of their time. Eg Butts playing on the best tall forward each week. Good for his development but be nice to give him a chop out now and then with a fit Talia.

More positives than negatives for me as a whole on the year though.

Mackay, Sloane, Walker, Lynch, Talia, Smith, all 30 or over going into 2021.

Walker, Smith and Sloane have deals, Mackay, Lynch and Talia don't, given you've not seen Talia and Lynch for one game I'd let those 3 go, Stengle and Gibbs ( lol ) are off the list too, that's 5 spots on the list to fill. You don't want to be doing anymore than that unless there's trades involved so I don't think Adelaide are a big player in this years off season. 5 out, 5 ins and I wouldn't think any starting 18 come in. It's a tread water year this year which in AFL terms is going backwards.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Previous

Board index   Football  AFL