AFL Round 15

Talk on the national game

Re: AFL Round 15

Postby JK » Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:25 am

whufc wrote:Agree Boondog.

I have been really comfortable with the AFL's stance on trying to wipe out non football acts eg the punch to the guts. Albeit the AFL like most things have struggled for consistency and balance in applying the rules.

Aussie rules will be much better for not having blokes getting their heads rubbed in the dirt after a tackle etc in 10 years time when all of it is completely exterminated.

To that end I reckon Cotchin might have been lucky on the weekend and a few other times with the old punch in the guts to an opponent on the ground that then turns into a tackle. There's no question they look sideways when the higher profile players transgress, and have done for several years.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Bum Crack » Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:35 am

I love Joel. What a gun.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 884 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby whufc » Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:48 am

JK wrote:

I have been really comfortable with the AFL's stance on trying to wipe out non football acts eg the punch to the guts. Albeit the AFL like most things have struggled for consistency and balance in applying the rules.

Aussie rules will be much better for not having blokes getting their heads rubbed in the dirt after a tackle etc in 10 years time when all of it is completely exterminated.

To that end I reckon Cotchin might have been lucky on the weekend and a few other times with the old punch in the guts to an opponent on the ground that then turns into a tackle. There's no question they look sideways when the higher profile players transgress, and have done for several years.

I wonder if it because deep down the umps know the high profile player has probably just been pinched, had his toe stepped on, shorts grabbed for the last hour and a half and there wasn't much they could see or do :)
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby JK » Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:13 am

whufc wrote:
JK wrote:

I wonder if it because deep down the umps know the high profile player has probably just been pinched, had his toe stepped on, shorts grabbed for the last hour and a half and there wasn't much they could see or do :)

I actually wonder if the umps have been spooked by the amount of video coverage, or possibly even encouraged by officaldom not to report unless they're %100 certain .. From memory there was an ump or emergency ump looking straight at Zac Williams as he ploughed that Crows bloke's head into the ground. How that needed to be picked up by video is ridiculous?!?!
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:18 am

Rumour is the there will be a return of the Whiskas and Cameron and Hawkins will change their names to Charlie and Dixon in the hope it leads to some free kicks

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby tigerpie » Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:26 pm

JK wrote:

Patrick Cripps goal on the weekend.
What a friggen joke that was.
Were the umpires a bit star struck?
They seem to know how far 15 metres is when you kick it?
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:18 pm

tigerpie wrote:
JK wrote:

Patrick Cripps goal on the weekend.
What a friggen joke that was.
Were the umpires a bit star struck?
They seem to know how far 15 metres is when you kick it?

No they don’t.
There were a couple on the weekend that barely travelled 6 metres and they paid it a mark.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Previous

Board index   Football  AFL