AFL Round 10

Talk on the national game

Re: AFL Round 10

Postby Dutchy » Sun May 23, 2021 9:49 pm

tigerpie wrote:Gutted!
The Grundy free kick wasn't one.
Stopped taking the game on at vital moments.
Rozee likes a bit of, look at me.

Yeah watching Collingwood in that last 1/4 was frustrating as a neutral, they seem to only have one speed no matter what the state of game is.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Sun May 23, 2021 9:50 pm

Vital moments ? .... like from quarter time until half way through the last quarter .... and it was your more experienced players, like Sidebottom and Pendlebury, that refused to move the ball forward quickly. Rozee got to sing the song, so another look at me moment for him.
Last edited by Senor Moto Gadili on Sun May 23, 2021 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sun May 23, 2021 9:51 pm

It's amazing how good teams look when they play attacking footy.
And how shocking they are when they play the slow boring kick to kick style.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11807 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Brodlach » Sun May 23, 2021 9:57 pm

July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby tigerpie » Sun May 23, 2021 11:08 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:

Vital moments ? .... like from quarter time until half way through the last quarter .... and it was your more experienced players, like Sidebottom and Pendlebury, that refused to move the ball forward quickly. Rozee got to sing the song, so another look at me moment for him.

No argument from me. They burnt mccreery a couple of times.
Gloating aside. So you were happy with Rozees game?
To me he tried to do too much at times and didn't give it first time which confused your forwards.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby stan » Sun May 23, 2021 11:38 pm

Disappointed to post that game but I don't think we had the legs. Bloody annoying though.

Some good games this weekend and then some real slugfests as well. Bit of everything.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Sun May 23, 2021 11:41 pm

tigerpie wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:

No argument from me. They burnt mccreery a couple of times.
Gloating aside. So you were happy with Rozees game?
To me he tried to do too much at times and didn't give it first time which confused your forwards.

There were a number of Port players who had below average games, including Rozee. I don't think he deserves to be singled out though. Was he any worse that Amon, Bonner, Houston or Motlop? We all know Port can and will play better than they did today.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby Dutchy » Mon May 24, 2021 7:35 am

Interesting one Port, certainly seem to be struggling a little, how do the Port faithful see it? Worrying signs or happy to bank wins like yesterday and build into the season knowing you don't necessarily want to be flying in May?

They have a pretty decent draw for the next 5 weeks, including the bye which they probably need.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon May 24, 2021 7:37 am

They're banking the win. A few teams are in same situation where they looked to be looking for the bye

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11807 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 24, 2021 8:04 am

Dutchy wrote:Interesting one Port, certainly seem to be struggling a little, how do the Port faithful see it? Worrying signs or happy to bank wins like yesterday and build into the season knowing you don't necessarily want to be flying in May?

They have a pretty decent draw for the next 5 weeks, including the bye which they probably need.

Collingwood have been a bogey side of ours for some time, especially in Melbourne, since 04 we they had an 8-4 record, 4-3 in Adelaide too.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Jim05 » Mon May 24, 2021 8:05 am

Dutchy wrote:Interesting one Port, certainly seem to be struggling a little, how do the Port faithful see it? Worrying signs or happy to bank wins like yesterday and build into the season knowing you don't necessarily want to be flying in May?

Win is a win, take the points and move on. They are top 4 certainties and from there who knows
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon May 24, 2021 8:23 am

Jim05 wrote:

Win is a win, take the points and move on. They are top 4 certainties and from there who knows

I wish I had the same confidence as you, we are currently being exposed in areas that we lack, we're missing Duursma and Butters big time, not having Clurey and Lycett has really stretched our resources.

Aliir's work rate is brilliant from what I've seen so far and I look forward to Georgiadis getting games under his belt and growing in confidence, although he dropped a critical mark last night he can be very dangerous.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Jim05 » Mon May 24, 2021 8:49 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

I wish I had the same confidence as you, we are currently being exposed in areas that we lack, we're missing Duursma and Butters big time, not having Clurey and Lycett has really stretched our resources.

Aliir's work rate is brilliant from what I've seen so far and I look forward to Georgiadis getting games under his belt and growing in confidence, although he dropped a critical mark last night he can be very dangerous.
Fairly soft back half of the season, doubt you drop more than a couple of those. That will set you up nicely
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Booney » Mon May 24, 2021 9:05 am

A bit worried, not only are we missing some important players who may end up playing no further part in the season we've got 3 or 4 who, if we had a full list, I don't think would be playing through either injury or form. I reckon we're about 8 players down at the moment and 2 or 3 of them are still playing.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby FlyingHigh » Mon May 24, 2021 9:54 am

FWIW, whilst the deliberate was inconsistent with their usual sh!t, I don't think it should be deliberate ever . What else is he meant to do, what sort of contortionist act do they expect him to pull out? He's beaten his bloke to the ball and now they want to punish him for it.

The holding the ball against Keays was by far a worse decision. Even if he did handball it, he'd had that much time it was holding the ball three times over, especially with some of the other cr@p they pay in the packs or where someone has had one step to balance themselves.
FlyingHigh
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 173 times

Postby tigerpie » Mon May 24, 2021 8:01 pm

Well shock horror the afl have just made it that much harder to umpire.
So now a skill error and a deflection off someone count as deliberate.
They're asking the umpires to have mind reading skills now.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Mon May 24, 2021 8:16 pm

tigerpie wrote:Well shock horror the afl have just made it that much harder to umpire.

They are saying Spargo didn't touch it and that Murray showed insufficient intent in keeping the ball in play when he handballed towards the boundary line.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby amber_fluid » Mon May 24, 2021 8:20 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
tigerpie wrote:Well shock horror the afl have just made it that much harder to umpire.

They are saying Spargo didn't touch it and that Murray showed insufficient intent in keeping the ball in play when he handballed towards the boundary line.

Crows supporters clearly saw that it was touched though ;)
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby tigerpie » Mon May 24, 2021 9:36 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:

Crows supporters clearly saw that it was touched though ;)

I was watching it on TV, and I saw the deflection.
And I'm impartial.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Postby JK » Tue May 25, 2021 12:26 am

Murray’s for mine is clearly deliberate (or insufficient attempt or WTF they call it these days) but FH raised a point I came here to make, seriously what option did he have that wouldn’t have resulted in a Melbourne scoring opportunity?
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4440 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL