AFL Let's sift through the fifth

Talk on the national game

Re: AFL Let's sift through the fifth

Postby The Bedge » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:09 pm

Booney wrote:Thomas sent to the tribunal for his hit on Scott Selwood..

I still don't reckon the Thomas incident is as bad as everyone else is blowing it up to be.

Not pretty, not good, but really I've seen worse - had he collected Selwood a fraction of a second later he would've got him square in the shoulder, as it was the contact was made initially with the forearm anyway.

I do have a giggle everytime I watch the video at the AFL official in the background and lip reading the "Ohhh Shit!!"
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3196 times
Been liked: 4035 times

Postby Spargo » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:12 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
locky801 wrote:Interesting that nothing has been mentioned anywhere about Mitchells head high whack on Goldstein 50 metres off the ball.

Umpire saw it and gave a downfield free which saw North goal from it. Saw the vision and Mitchell has just run up and clouted Goldstein (not sure how he reached though)

Yep in a bit of trouble, reaching up to get Goldy in the head is pretty deliberate!

I bet it doesnt come back as intentional even though it should

$1500 fine.
Goldy barely felt it, likened it to being hit by a fly.
Last edited by Spargo on Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5516 times
Been liked: 5150 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Booney » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:15 pm

The Bedge wrote:

I still don't reckon the Thomas incident is as bad as everyone else is blowing it up to be.

Not pretty, not good, but really I've seen worse - had he collected Selwood a fraction of a second later he would've got him square in the shoulder, as it was the contact was made initially with the forearm anyway.

I do have a giggle everytime I watch the video at the AFL official in the background and lip reading the "Ohhh Shit!!"

And Selwood should be made to contribute to the Emergency Services Levy.

Medi cart went all the way out there and then he just popped up and walked off.

E$L thanks, Selwood!
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7517 times
Been liked: 10811 times

Postby am Bays » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:22 pm

The Bedge wrote:

The problem for Thomas, the big problem, is he elects to bump and goes past the footy rather than electing to get the pill himself which he would've been first to.

Admittedly this picture makes it worse than what it really is because it after the moment of contact but the vision shows him going past the ball and bumping Selwood resulting in an injury that rules him out of the game.
Attachments
Thomas bump.jpg
Thomas bump.jpg (80.2 KiB) Viewed 430 times
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 1830 times

Postby locky801 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:44 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Where are GWS at? Are the crap at Etihad? Do they not travel well?

Something seems to be amiss there and has been for the past 24 months, is Leon the right man for that job?

Poorly coached and pretty boring to watch at times. Too many players not prepared to roll their sleeves up and get their hands dirty.

Sounds a bit like Port
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3751 times
Been liked: 1178 times

Postby bennymacca » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:45 pm

am Bays wrote:The problem for Thomas, the big problem, is he elects to bump and goes past the footy rather than electing to get the pill himself which he would've been first to.

yep, he went past the ball so deserves 2 weeks for that i reckon

locky801 wrote:Sounds a bit like Port

they been drinking their own bathwater too?
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby locky801 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:47 pm

Spargo wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
locky801 wrote:Interesting that nothing has been mentioned anywhere about Mitchells head high whack on Goldstein 50 metres off the ball.

Umpire saw it and gave a downfield free which saw North goal from it. Saw the vision and Mitchell has just run up and clouted Goldstein (not sure how he reached though)

Yep in a bit of trouble, reaching up to get Goldy in the head is pretty deliberate!

I bet it doesnt come back as intentional even though it should

$1500 fine.
Goldy barely felt it, likened it to being hit by a fly.

Probably right, factor here is that it happened well off the ball :roll:
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3751 times
Been liked: 1178 times

Postby bennymacca » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:54 pm

Thomas assessed as Careless, Severe Impact, High Contact.

Which is at least 3 games, and sent to tribunal

Not sure what the difference is between severe and high impact
bennymacca
Coach

Postby bertiebeatle » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:56 pm

Tribunal showing why Selwood got booed when he got the medal. Thought he should have got a game for the trip on Wingard as well, very dangerous and have seen a couple of broken legs come from deliberate trips on the footy field. Dangerfield a $2000 fine but got a free kick out of the incident. Amazing umpiring :roll: :roll:
bertiebeatle
Under 18s

Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby bennymacca » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:00 pm

the one im surprised about was zurhaar pushing mirra into the fence and only escaping with a fine. could have easily got a week for that
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Spargo » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:01 pm

bennymacca wrote:the one im surprised about was zurhaar pushing mirra into the fence and only escaping with a fine. could have easily got a week for that

If he’d “pushed him” he may well have...

Spargo
Coach

Postby bertiebeatle » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:04 pm

bennymacca wrote:the one im surprised about was zurhaar pushing mirra into the fence and only escaping with a fine. could have easily got a week for that

Same, thought he was a certainty to get a week
bertiebeatle
Under 18s

Postby am Bays » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:04 pm

bertiebeatle wrote:Tribunal showing why Selwood got booed when he got the medal. Thought he should have got a game for the trip on Wingard as well, very dangerous and have seen a couple of broken legs come from deliberate trips on the footy field. Dangerfield a $2000 fine but got a free kick out of the incident. Amazing umpiring :roll: :roll:

Not quite, he got a free kick out of the subsequent incident where he was held by the player who came into remonstrate with him and when the kick by Cleary came back into the square the umpire pinged the Port player for hanging on to Dangerfield when he tried to move towards the footy.

Love how Dixon came in after the event was all over to give a little push......tough....
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 1830 times

Postby Spargo » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:06 pm

bertiebeatle wrote:

He bumped him, Mirra hit the fence, wasn’t injured & played on.
Actually looked worse at first than it was.

Spargo
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:15 pm

Spargo wrote:
bertiebeatle wrote:

Was in play at the time too
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4217 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby bertiebeatle » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:58 pm

am Bays wrote:
bertiebeatle wrote:Tribunal showing why Selwood got booed when he got the medal. Thought he should have got a game for the trip on Wingard as well, very dangerous and have seen a couple of broken legs come from deliberate trips on the footy field. Dangerfield a $2000 fine but got a free kick out of the incident. Amazing umpiring :roll: :roll:

Not quite, he got a free kick out of the subsequent incident where he was held by the player who came into remonstrate with him and when the kick by Cleary came back into the square the umpire pinged the Port player for hanging on to Dangerfield when he tried to move towards the footy.

Love how Dixon came in after the event was all over to give a little push......tough....

Dangerfield instigated it and had Westhoff high but that was allowed to be play on right in front of the umpires eye. No problem reversing the decision had they given Port a free kick, but the fact they let the first one go right in front of the eyes of the umpire is beyond me. Dixon a lot tougher than the Geelong players hitting blokes off the ball in front of the umpires all night
bertiebeatle
Under 18s

Postby bertiebeatle » Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:59 pm

Brodlach wrote:
Spargo wrote:
bertiebeatle wrote:

Was in play at the time too

True. Just saw the Sicily incident for the first time as well. Geez, bugger all in it
bertiebeatle
Under 18s

Postby Wedgie » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:02 pm

bertiebeatle wrote:
am Bays wrote:

Dangerfield instigated it and had Westhoff high but that was allowed to be play on right in front of the umpires eye. No problem reversing the decision had they given Port a free kick, but the fact they let the first one go right in front of the eyes of the umpire is beyond me. Dixon a lot tougher than the Geelong players hitting blokes off the ball in front of the umpires all night

:lol:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2060 times
Been liked: 3917 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:03 pm

Fantasia out for the Bombers and replaced by J Merrett. Collingwood unchanged.

About to board my flight to Melbourne now.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 450 times
Been liked: 1221 times

Postby bertiebeatle » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:08 pm

Wedgie wrote:
bertiebeatle wrote:
am Bays wrote:

:lol:

Been trying to not come across as salty all day but have given up. Sat night pissed me off too much. :( :(
bertiebeatle
Under 18s

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL