AFL Round 21

Talk on the national game

Re: AFL Round 21

by Bum Crack » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:08 pm

Spargo wrote:
human_torpedo wrote:Someone mentioned Eddie McGuire and his commentary, I love listening to Eddie commentate all games, its fantastic. Especially compared to some of the other tripe we have to tolerate

Yep, easily one of the best going around.

Especially last Saturday when he was barracking for Richmond the whole game. I don't mind Eddie though.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 893 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

by morell » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:09 pm

human_torpedo wrote:They may have been searching for a bar still serving beers.. The amount of food facilities and bars that shut at 3 qtr time is rather annoying
Correct. Or country people leaving early. Or people that just don't like crowds. Or people that couldn't be naffed. Whatever.

human_torpedo wrote:Morell/Booney, leave Roo alone pls. Poor bloke is just trying to make a living..
I like Roo, I really do. Met him quite a few times.

But he shouldn't be commentating Port games.

human_torpedo wrote:Someone mentioned Eddie McGuire and his commentary, I love listening to Eddie commentate all games, its fantastic. Especially compared to some of the other tripe we have to tolerate
I love Eddie! Hes an excellent commentator. But...

He probably should stick to commentating interstate games IMO.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

by Rik E Boy » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:34 pm

morell wrote:
MW wrote:
morell wrote:
Sheik Yerbouti wrote:The Victorian media obsession with the Port supporters leaving early is ironic when you see the on the bridge leaving Ethiad chock a block with red blue & white colours at 3/4 time.
More people left the Collingwood game early on Sunday than the St Kilda one IMO.

It is #fakenews. It really is. Lead by the king of pretending he's not but really is viciously anti-Port Mark Ricciuto.

Was it fake footage of the Port fans streaming for the train station? Yes other clubs supporters do it, sorry....ALL clubs supporters do it...but it's not fake news.
You Port people need to actually get over your hatred of Ricciuto.
It is #fakenews. Riccituo very clearly said "Port fans are leaving in droves! They're filthy!" Which was then followed up with a shot of maybe a dozen fans making their way to the gates. Nothing abnormal at all, happens every game, win lose or draw, from every club.

The message was very clear that Port fans left because they thought we were going to lose ... that initiated about a weeks worth of media cycles lambasting Port fans on social networks and radio/TV spots. Everyone believed it.

It' the epitome of #fakenews.

I don't hate Roo at all. Quite like him in fact. But lets call a spade a spade - he's as anti-Port as anyone but has to try and hide it for his media career.

The important thing is that you've moved on LOL.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1819 times

Previous

Board index   Football  AFL