AFL Round 12

Talk on the national game

Re: AFL Round 12

Postby saintal » Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:45 am

Another rubbish performance from the Saints in Adelaide. Even the Crows fans were bored for most of the game.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 347 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby MW » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:55 am

Dutchy wrote:Time to post a missing persons report on Eddie? :lol:

And to think some on here said the Saints could to a Bulldogs this year :roll: ....I have never understood the media pumping them up this season.

Found him for you. Also found Tex much to my surprise.
Attachments
coleman.JPG
coleman.JPG (31.93 KiB) Viewed 231 times
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2618 times
Been liked: 1856 times

Postby MW » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:57 am

Ling and Bruce banged on and on about the media scrutiny in Adelaide after the Geelong loss, and how it was a mass overreaction to one loss.
Are they kidding?
We have been beaten three times in identical fashion, and just because we have eight wins, we should ignore the losses?
I remember Lingy ripping into the Crows last week at Geelong...he changes his tune at every match.
MW
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:04 am

MW wrote:Ling and Bruce banged on and on about the media scrutiny in Adelaide after the Geelong loss, and how it was a mass overreaction to one loss.
Are they kidding?
We have been beaten three times in identical fashion, and just because we have eight wins, we should ignore the losses?
I remember Lingy ripping into the Crows last week at Geelong...he changes his tune at every match.

We are still second on the ladder, in a season where it doesn't seem like anyone is that good.

Of course our losses have been disappointing but every team has had that. Geelong lost 3 in a row in terrible fashion a few weeks ago.

We are still more than in the hunt for a flag.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby MW » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:07 am

Yeah I get that mate. But I think we are on the 2nd line of betting until we can claim a scalp who plays the much talked about "gameplan" against us and we can overcome it and grind out a win.
MW
Coach

Postby gossipgirl » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:08 am

If the crows keep playing like that will be just making up the numbers in finals .. Assuming they make it. Very disappointing game
Adelaide Crows World champions 2017 - Crows 4.11 to Lions 4.5
gossipgirl
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1433 times
Been liked: 57 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby JK » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:09 am

MW wrote:Ling and Bruce banged on and on about the media scrutiny in Adelaide after the Geelong loss, and how it was a mass overreaction to one loss.
Are they kidding?

The media has gotten worse with this .. Even on 360 and the Couch they'll rip a side to shreds following a bad loss (Kingy: "Time to gut the list") then throw every superlative at them a week later after a win.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4464 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby thegrowler » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:13 am

Tyrone Vickery and Kurt Tippett both dropped for this round. Perhaps they can see what we see. They are puss.
The Rams are Bucking Awesome in 2017....Don't hate us because you rate us!!!!
thegrowler
Under 16s

Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 54 times
Grassroots Team: Glenunga

Postby bennymacca » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:13 am

JK wrote:
Are they kidding?

The media has gotten worse with this .. Even on 360 and the Couch they'll rip a side to shreds following a bad loss (Kingy: "Time to gut the list") then throw every superlative at them a week later after a win.

They do this every week with Collingwood
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby JK » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:15 am

bennymacca wrote:
JK wrote:
Are they kidding?

They do this every week with Collingwood

Yep Collingwood, Gold Coast and Freo seem the most regular
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4464 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby MW » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:16 am

thegrowler wrote:Tyrone Vickery and Kurt Tippett both dropped for this round. Perhaps they can see what we see. They are puss.

Vickery I get. He is just poo.
Tippett I feel was for two reasons. Get him to have a crack in the 2's and get some confidence back but going in too tall against WB in the wet would have been a mistake so leaving him out in that game made sense regardless. He will be back in next game.
MW
Coach

Postby stan » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:22 am

MW wrote:
thegrowler wrote:Tyrone Vickery and Kurt Tippett both dropped for this round. Perhaps they can see what we see. They are puss.

Tippett I feel was for two reasons. Get him to have a crack in the 2's and get some confidence back but going in too tall against WB in the wet would have been a mistake so leaving him out in that game made sense regardless. He will be back in next game.

Nankervis came in for him. Pretty sure he is sort of tall-ish
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1254 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Brodlach » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:24 am

gossipgirl wrote:If the crows keep playing like that will be just making up the numbers in finals .. Assuming they make it. Very disappointing game

It's funny I agree with what you are saying but in the end was a 57 point win, reckon I would have taken that at the start of the game and doubling their score
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby MW » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:26 am

stan wrote:
MW wrote:

well that cancels out my theory lol
MW
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:29 am

Nankervis played well too
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby thegrowler » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:31 am

stan wrote:
MW wrote:

His stats make pretty damning reading. I'm sure Wubbsy will get on here and defend him with his rose coloured Swanny goggles but been a long time since he has impacted a game. Over priced, over rated and has the impact of tampax. Maybe once a month does something but barely noticeable.

Loved how last week Dangerflog said he would be the difference and he was poo and got dropped. Good call d$ckwad
thegrowler
Under 16s

Postby thegrowler » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:33 am

Brodlach wrote:Nankervis played well too

Fair to say he is more of blue collar type operator. Certainly not like his over paid under performing mate
thegrowler
Under 16s

Postby thegrowler » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:37 am

Brodlach wrote:
gossipgirl wrote:If the crows keep playing like that will be just making up the numbers in finals .. Assuming they make it. Very disappointing game

It's funny I agree with what you are saying but in the end was a 57 point win, reckon I would have taken that at the start of the game and doubling their score

I didn't see the game but the Saints must have been putrid for people to be complaining about a ten goal win v a team tipped by most to play finals.

It was doom and gloom when we lost by less than that.

At the end of the year it will be a 10 goal win and look good on paper and be good for percentage. They Can't all be Whitmans chocolates sometimes you have to get your fix on a crown mint.
thegrowler
Under 16s

Postby stan » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:39 am

thegrowler wrote:
Brodlach wrote:

I didn't see the game but the Saints must have been putrid for people to be complaining about a ten goal win v a team tipped by most to play finals.

At the end of the year it will be a 10 goal win and look good on paper and be good for percentage. They Can't all be Whitmans chocolates sometimes you have to get your fix on a crown mint.

The Saints were as you said putrid.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1254 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby thegrowler » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:48 am

stan wrote:
thegrowler wrote:
Brodlach wrote:

The Saints were as you said putrid.

Fair enough but 10 goals against anyone you would take these days. Also sometimes a team is only allowed to play a certain way because of the oppo. Offer me a 57 point win in any game for the rest of the year and I will take it right now.

I kept an eye on the score all night and sometimes when you are up 7 goals to 1 a game can get a severe case of mundane predictability. Maybe a good thing I didn't watch but I'm happy with it :D
thegrowler
Under 16s

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL